Newcastle United 5 - 1 Cardiff City - 05/02/10 - post match reaction from p22

Dave

Guest Stephen927

Some idiot in the Gallowgate called Hall a "f***ing black c***" for a pass back to Harper, even though it was probably the sensible move. Didn't say anything the next few times Hall did it or when Guthrie did it from just inside our own half.

:facepalm: Absolutely disgraceful. The worst I've heard, and I have been to games where Geremi has started.

:thdn:

Even if the guy is a genuine hardcore racist, unless this was before the 7th minute what the f*** was he even complaining about? w*****.

Was around the half hour mark.

also, lovenkrands undroppable - so much intelligent movement and play.

You'd hope so but Hughton comes out with bollocks about playing "A lot of games" and the need to "freshen it up" so he'll probably 'rest' rotate the strikers. It's funny how the likes on Enrique, Colo, Jonas, S.Taylor, etc don't get rested when fit. It should be, if you score you stay in the team until you don't score.

To be fair, until recently that hasn't really been possible.

Probably why these kind of players are starting to pick up injuries too thinking about it.

Just got in - totally unreal evening :lol:

It just goes to show the potential that this team has - we should be playing like that every week.

Harper - 7 - Hardly had owt to do, when called upon though was spot on as always.

Simpson - 8 - A very very good show from him - one the best displays I've seen from him in a B&W shirt - pinpoint perfect assist for Carroll's second.

Williamson - 8 - On top as always, turning out to be a very shrewd signing

Hall - 7 - Solid debut, he's a f***ing beast like :lol:

Van Aaholt - 7 - Once again, good going forward, a bit shaky at the back - Is very quickly forging a good relationship with Jonas though.

Routledge - 8 - His crossing is still bloody sweet, his passing equally so - needs to work on his finishing though. When he fell down and still managed the skill to get it past the defender :lol:

Nolan - 8 - A real captain's performance. Constantly talking to the other players, working out positioning, tell them to push forward etc. and he actually played well too - won challenges, passed to our men, had a few chances, set up a few attacks - really impressed me - by his standards, one of his best games.

Guthrie 7 - Good to see him get a run out in the centre. His cross-field passing was woeful, but the shorter stuff was impressive.

Jonas - 8 - Absolutely worked his socks off - look knackered when he went off. Determined, tracked back well, his passing and running were spot on.

Carroll - 8 - Took his two goals very well, as well as the own goal as well. How he didn't score a hattrick with the couple of chances he had in the last 10 mins.

Best - 7 - Not spectacular, but a very comfortable debut. Can hold the ball up well, his positioning is good as is his passing. The finishing is a bit questionable like.

Lovenkrands - 8 - Took his two goals well, the man is just a goal machine at times! Very intelligent play, his movement and running is very good. He's a definite starter for me like.

Taylor - Nothing of note really

Fans - 44k for a Friday league match is brilliant. Hats off to everyone who made the trip to the match, the atmosphere was a bit flat at first but picked up in the second half - got back to the noise of old after goal no.4 - had shivers during a course of Blaydon Races after Loven netted. Highlights of the chants "England, England...." and "Stand up for the sheep shaggers" :lol:

Hughton - 7 - Injuries or not, hats off for playing two proper wingers and Guthrie - Nolan together. Also, very suprised that Lovenkrands came on when he did - very positive change.

Oh, and it was good to have a ref that wasn't completely hell bent on ruining our chances.

HOWAY 5-1! :clap2:

Guest michaelfoster

Harper - 6.5 - couple of good saves but nothing major to do

Van Aanholt - 7.5 - Solid in attack & defence

Hall - 7 - good debut

Williamson - 7 - yet anotehr solid performance

Simpson - 7.5 - class cross for the 3rd, solid in defence

Jonas - 8.5 - dangerous going forward & helped in defence too

Guthrie - 6.5 - fairly quiet tbh, few neat passes but gave the ball away too much

Nolan - 7 - could of scored, unlucky when he hit the post.

Routledge - 8.5 - class

Carroll - 9 - 2 decent goals but should of got a hattrick when he hit the post & they scored an OG

Best - 7 - should of scored, some neat touches & got himself about

Lovenkrands - 8.5 - took both goals well, 2nd goal was fb

R.Taylor - 6.5 - did ok

Kadar - n/a

Just got in - totally unreal evening :lol:

It just goes to show the potential that this team has - we should be playing like that every week.

Harper - 7 - Hardly had owt to do, when called upon though was spot on as always.

Simpson - 8 - A very very good show from him - one the best displays I've seen from him in a B&W shirt - pinpoint perfect assist for Carroll's second.

Williamson - 8 - On top as always, turning out to be a very shrewd signing

Hall - 7 - Solid debut, he's a f***ing beast like :lol:

Van Aaholt - 7 - Once again, good going forward, a bit shaky at the back - Is very quickly forging a good relationship with Jonas though.

Routledge - 8 - His crossing is still bloody sweet, his passing equally so - needs to work on his finishing though. When he fell down and still managed the skill to get it past the defender :lol:

Nolan - 8 - A real captain's performance. Constantly talking to the other players, working out positioning, tell them to push forward etc. and he actually played well too - won challenges, passed to our men, had a few chances, set up a few attacks - really impressed me - by his standards, one of his best games.

Guthrie 7 - Good to see him get a run out in the centre. His cross-field passing was woeful, but the shorter stuff was impressive.

Jonas - 8 - Absolutely worked his socks off - look knackered when he went off. Determined, tracked back well, his passing and running were spot on.

Carroll - 8 - Took his two goals very well, as well as the own goal as well. How he didn't score a hattrick with the couple of chances he had in the last 10 mins.

Best - 7 - Not spectacular, but a very comfortable debut. Can hold the ball up well, his positioning is good as is his passing. The finishing is a bit questionable like.

Lovenkrands - 8 - Took his two goals well, the man is just a goal machine at times! Very intelligent play, his movement and running is very good. He's a definite starter for me like.

Taylor - Nothing of note really

Fans - 44k for a Friday league match is brilliant. Hats off to everyone who made the trip to the match, the atmosphere was a bit flat at first but picked up in the second half - got back to the noise of old after goal no.4 - had shivers during a course of Blaydon Races after Loven netted. Highlights of the chants "England, England...." and "Stand up for the sheep shaggers" :lol:

Hughton  - 7 - Injuries or not, hats off for playing two proper wingers and Guthrie - Nolan together. Also, very suprised that Lovenkrands came on when he did - very positive change.

Oh, and it was good to have a ref that wasn't completely hell bent on ruining our chances.

HOWAY 5-1!  :clap2:

Spot on the whole lot. I found it very difficult to rate our individuals tonight.

They have done themselves proud.

At the end of the day:

4-4-2

2 natural wingers

No defensive midfielders

There should be no fucking surprise as to how well we played, please stick with this Hughton!

All in all though I'm absolutely over the moon :celb:

Routledge was worth signing purely for the party tricks  O0

Heard the Cardiff fans were smashing up the GATE pre match.

Class game, class performance, Jonas class, Routledge class, Loven class, everything class.

Nice to finally Jizz all over a team for once.

:thup:

Normal service will be resumed on Tuesday evening.

Guest Stephen927

Class game, class performance, Jonas class, Routledge class, Loven class, everything class.

Were singing outside Lloyds when I was there.

Guest toonlass

The lad in front of me got banned for 2 years tonight for headbutting another Newcastle fan and putting him on his arse. The reason for it? The headbutter's mate pushed into the queue to get into level 7 and the lad who was headbutted took exception to it and all shit kicked off. Stupid man.

The lad in front of me got banned for 2 years tonight for headbutting another Newcastle fan and putting him on his arse. The reason for it? The headbutter's mate pushed into the queue to get into level 7 and the lad who was headbutted took exception to it and all shit kicked off. Stupid man.

We have some right doylems following us.

Normal service will be resumed on Tuesday evening.

There were plenty of TT posters predicting a defeat  tonight as well mind. 5-fucking-1  in your face Parky!

Spot on the whole lot. I found it very difficult to rate our individuals tonight.

They have done themselves proud.

This will probably be labelled as being fickle and knee-jerk but they really did.

Noone's getting carried away, but they stepped up a gear and really put on a really good show. It showed that they DO have the ability to play and they DO have the passion and determination to actually thump a side.

At 3-0, we brough on Loven for Best - what a positive change for a team that usually backs off and grinds out a game.

Some were more shaky than others, but every single one of them put on a performance that they can come out of with their heads held high - a big two fingers up to the rest of the division.

As someone who went to the Derby game after Xmas and the Palace game last week, that is easily the most enjoyable game that I've experienced in a long while. It's not often I come out of SJP with a smile on my face.

Let's just hope they can actually do it again :thup:

Guest toonlass

Amazing night. Most ive enjoyed a game of football for a good good while. Great atmosphere too.

Level 7 has got to the point now where they can easily match the away fans. The Cardiff fans were owned tonight!  :lol:

Funny as when they unfurled a Welsh flag and we were all singing "What the fuck, what the fuck, what the fucking hell is that!" They didn't seem to like that much  :lol:

Guest Geordiekev

Jonas was mint tonight when we had a man hacked down and the ref refused to give a freekick, he ran rings around them before giving the ball up to be kicked out of play. Been a long time since we could cheer us keeping possesion with one touch passing. Best game this season and not just because of the scoreline.