Newcastle United 4 - 1 Coventry City - 17/02/10 - post match reaction from pg 17

Dave

Guest The_Scoreboard

On the basis that tonight's outfit was lucky, I have a lot of washing to do before Saturday. :sadnod:

I've worn almost exactly the same gear since the black n blue top came out, worn on top of a blue hoodie and same jeans, only altered tonight i had different jeans on ;D and was panicking about it until the penalty went in :rolleyes:

As for the game, good performance, good result and lovely goal by Routledge. Crowd a bit quieter than usual but it was bloody freezing up in the mist :sadnod:

Harper - Solid enough, one dodgy moment.  6

Simpson - Looks much better with a proper winger in front of him.  6.5

Williamson - Solid, a couple of misplaced headers but looks a very good foil for Colo.  7

Coloccini - He's the f***ing boss.  8

Van Aanholt - Did ok, a little too negative in possession but defended well enough.  6

Routledge - Tore them a new arsehole, pace, trickery, crossing and what a f***ing goal, my motm.  9

Guthrie - HAS to stay in the middle, but probably wont. Has his weaknesses but I absolutely love his right foot.  8

Nolan - Better in that he was involved in two key moments in either half, still the weak link in the midfield though.  6

Jonas - He would be 'f***ing dynamite' if he had an end product, beat his man so many times I lost count.  8.5

Carroll - Still poor on the ground but I coudn't care less if he continutes to score with his head, fair play.  7

Lovenkrands - Should have scored his header, covered a little too much ground if anything.  6

Best - First impressions aren't great tbh, but we'll see.  5

Pancrate - Fair play to him, ran around and was involved in the final goal.  6

R Taylor - Nice enough finish.  6

Agree with all the above, but add that I was mega pissed off with Nolan for not picking his man up in the build up to their goal.  Having Routledge and Jonas in the mood is too much for most of the teams in the Championship, just hope we can keep them fit.  

I think for the first time this season, the ref deserves some credit tonight.  Got almost everything spot on and looked like he knew what he was doing, which is unusual in this division.

On the basis that tonight's outfit was lucky, I have a lot of washing to do before Saturday. :sadnod:

I've worn almost exactly the same gear since the black n blue top came out, worn on top of a blue hoodie and same jeans, only altered tonight i had different jeans on ;D and was panicking about it until the penalty went in :rolleyes:

As for the game, good performance, good result and lovely goal by Routledge. Crowd a bit quieter than usual but it was bloody freezing up in the mist :sadnod:

;D Everyone around me was going on about how cold it was, perhaps I was pissed but I didn't think it was too bad at all tonight.

Guest michaelfoster

Thought the game was a poor one and the final score flattered us quite a bit, think it would of been closer if they had kept 11 men on.

]

Harper - Looked like he had Parkinsons trying to catch the ball tonight, quite shakey.  6

Simpson - Decent going forward & defending  6.5

Williamson -  Fairly solid but both CB at fault for goal 6.5

Coloccini - Solid but both CB at fault for goal.  7

Van Aanholt - Decent defensively but shakey going forward  6

Routledge - Another decent performance, has definitly helped our midfield since he signed  7.5

Guthrie - Was pretty average tbf, gave the ball away to much & passing was poor 6

Nolan - Improvement on recent performances but when he runs its like watching in super slow mo 6

Jonas - Beats his man alot but sometimes needs to look up & crossing is average 7.5

Carroll - Another goal, cant really drop him atm, was fairly quiet tonight though but i dont care if he scores  7

Lovenkrands - Should have scored his header, was fairly quiet otherwise, good pen though 6.5

Best - Should of scored his header, otherwise didnt do alot 5

Pancrate - good cross for the final goal. 6.5

R Taylor - Nice enough finish.  6.5

Guest The_Scoreboard

;D Everyone around me was going on about how cold it was, perhaps I was pissed but I didn't think it was too bad at all tonight.

Jill. you must have been pissed or I'm getting old.  :snod:

Never looked like losing that tonight - even going one down. They're turboshit and we weren't.

Ran out easy winners and Harper could have had the night off. We'll not get an easier game at home this season. :)

Guest The_Scoreboard

Jonas was excellent in the second half today.

My man of the match. Had a sloppy start with trying to take players on but soon got into his rythm and looked first class on the wing :clap:

Thought the game was a poor one and the final score flattered us quite a bit, think it would of been closer if they had kept 11 men on.

]

Harper - Looked like he had Parkinsons trying to catch the ball tonight, quite shakey.  6

Routledge - Another decent performance, has definitly helped our midfield since he signed  7.5

Guthrie - Was pretty average tbf, gave the ball away to much & passing was poor 6

Nolan - Improvement on recent performances but when he runs its like watching in super slow mo 6

Jonas - Beats his man alot but sometimes needs to look up & crossing is average 7.5

Carroll - Another goal, cant really drop him atm, was fairly quiet tonight though but i dont care if he scores  7

Lovenkrands - Should have scored his header, was fairly quiet otherwise, good pen though 6.5

How were the CB's at fault?

What on earth does a player have to do for an 8 btw? Routledge almost won the game by himself.

Guest michaelfoster

]

What on earth does a player have to do for an 8 btw? Routledge almost won the game by himself.

We were average tonight man, first 30 mins were awful, even when they went to 10 men we kept giving them the ball from sloppy passes & clearances. 4-1 flattered us and i think would of probably would of been 2-1 if they had kept 11 men on. I was suprised you gave four players a rating of at least 8 for a fairly average overall performance.

The defending for the goal was poor in general, everyone seemed to just stand still as Morrison put it in, Harper's positioning was a bit off as i feel he should of been able to push it wide at the speed it rolled in at.

]

We were average tonight man, first 30 mins were awful, even when they went to 10 men we kept giving them the ball from sloppy passes & clearances. 4-1 flattered us and i think would of probably would of been 2-1 if they had kept 11 men on. I was suprised you gave four players a rating of at least 8 for a fairly average overall performance.

The defending for the goal was poor in general, everyone seemed to just stand still as Morrison put it in, Harper's positioning was a bit off as i feel he should of been able to push it wide at the speed it rolled in at.

I'd agree we weren't great, but we were certainly streets ahead of them and 4-1 didn't flatter us at all.

Guest pont-toon

Harper - Solid enough, one dodgy moment.  6

Simpson - Looks much better with a proper winger in front of him.  6.5

Williamson - Solid, a couple of misplaced headers but looks a very good foil for Colo.  7

Coloccini - He's the f***ing boss.  8

Van Aanholt - Did ok, a little too negative in possession but defended well enough.  6

Routledge - Tore them a new arsehole, pace, trickery, crossing and what a f***ing goal, my motm.  9

Guthrie - HAS to stay in the middle, but probably wont. Has his weaknesses but I absolutely love his right foot.  8

Nolan - Better in that he was involved in two key moments in either half, still the weak link in the midfield though.  6

Jonas - He would be 'f***ing dynamite' if he had an end product, beat his man so many times I lost count.  8.5

Carroll - Still poor on the ground but I coudn't care less if he continutes to score with his head, fair play.  7

Lovenkrands - Should have scored his header, covered a little too much ground if anything.  6

Best - First impressions aren't great tbh, but we'll see.  5

Pancrate - Fair play to him, ran around and was involved in the final goal.  6

R Taylor - Nice enough finish.  6

seems pretty fair to me

Jonas had them bricking it every time he had the ball

Collocini had a great game i thought - he's unrecognisable from the player he was last season. Surprised by how many headers he won

]

Routledge and Jonas most certainly weren't average.

Guest michaelfoster

]

I'd agree we weren't great, but we were certainly streets ahead of them and 4-1 didn't flatter us at all.

I agree Coventry were poor and we deserved the 3 points but it was an awful first 45 mins.

Guest michaelfoster

]

Routledge and Jonas most certainly weren't average.

Hence why i gave them the best ratings

Guest pont-toon

]

agree with this - Coventry were garbage

we controlled the game from start to finish and despite going 1 down i thought we would still win the game

Great performance tonight, Jonas & Guthrie were superb tonight, its been a long tme coming for Guthrie to be back in CM but I think now Hughton see's he is wasted on the wing.

As for Jonas when he plays like it makes such a massive difference to us, just love him.

:D

]

how would it have been 2-1. it was already 2-1 when they gave the pen away - red card or not it woulkd have been at least 3-1 to us. really hard to please some people sometimes.

Guest toonlass

Harper - Nowt to do, but could have done better for their goal  6

Simpson - Linked well with Routledge.  6.5

Williamson - Strong, confident and looked great with Colo next to him.  7

Coloccini - Kept it simple, did his job well, even had a shot.  7

Van Aanholt - Got forward and back, looked a little less confident tonight, but did alreet.  6

Routledge - Absolutely sweet volley, gave Coventry no end of bother, canny crossing too .  8

Guthrie - His best ever match for us I would say, definitely a central midifielder, seemed to be involved in everything that was positive, my MOM.  9

Nolan - Did canny, weird crouching/squatting thing going on trying to psyche out their keeper I think.  6

Jonas - If he didn't have to beat every man twice before he crosses he would be perfection, saying that he was fab.  8

Carroll - Nice header, shite daisy cutter cross at one point and still goes to ground too easily for my liking.  7

Lovenkrands - Like the duracell bunny, he runs and runs and runs, nice pen, should have had another, definitely one to start at home.  6

Best - Still hasn't impressed me tbh 5

Pancrate - Was involved in the last goal but why wear a short sleeved shirt and gloves? Madness I tell thee. 6

R Taylor - Finished the goal where I have seen us miss similar before. Am happy he scored even if he wasn't, lol. 6

And if the lad infront of us doesn't stop farting I am going to start taking the most girly smelling body spray I can find and start spraying him. Fucking rank it was and he has been doing it every game for 2 years now. Dirty bastard!