Ronaldo

M4

Laugh all you may, Ronadlo was a great player like all of the names mentioned and if not for injuries he may have been the best, but in general the others we just as good. Again skills wise he was on another planet at the time.

Ronaldo scored 47 goals as a 21 year old in his first season in a new team in a new league. He was the best of the ones you've mentioned, and by a margin. Only Messi is ahead for me in terms of talent.

Guest Howaythetoon

Laugh all you may, Ronadlo was a great player like all of the names mentioned and if not for injuries he may have been the best, but in general the others we just as good. Again skills wise he was on another planet at the time.

Ronaldo scored 47 goals as a 21 year old in his first season in a new team in a new league. He was the best of the ones you've mentioned, and by a margin. Only Messi is ahead for me in terms of talent.

Cole scored 41 for a newly promoted NUFC coming from Bristol...

I'm not bothered about goals scored per se, if that was the case Scholes would be higher up than Zidane for example.

Ronaldo was a great player in his own right and if not for injury he would have been one of the very best, but I look at the likes of Romario for example and think well do you know hat he was f***ing great as well as an individual.

He was great for a period, but to compare him with the likes of Messi, the other Ronaldo, Zidane et al would be wrong IMO. Again I rate Henry as the better of the two.

Hmmm... I think you might have missed out on one important piece of information there, fella.

Hmmm... I think you might have missed out on one important piece of information there, fella.

That he was playing for Barcelona?

No. :pilko:

No. :pilko:

Sir Bobby?

Henry over Ronaldo is a brave shout, to say the least :lol:

I'd argue he has a bigger case than all of the names mentioned since the article was posted, he wasn't better but he has a bigger case than the others mentioned.

He was a special player, 20 goals and 20 assists in a PL league season says everything that needs to be said about him and i might be wrong here but i don't think it's been done since.

Guest firetotheworks

Just gonna streamline, if that's alright.

In my lifetime only Messi could do what he could. Totally changed my perception of the game, I'd never seen anything like it.

Yes.

Ronaldo absolutely was the standout talent of his day.

Weah, Shearer, Baggio, Batistuta et al...

No.

Ronaldo absolutely was the standout talent of his day.

Weah, Shearer, Baggio, Batistuta et al...

Ronaldo was significantly better than all of them.

Yes.

:lol: Aye Shearer's a hero to us all but Ronaldo was miles ahead of him.

Skills wise aye, but in terms of general all-round CF play I actually rate Shearer in his pomp higher. Overall I rate Henry higher than Ronaldo.

No.

Yes.

Laugh all you may, Ronadlo was a great player like all of the names mentioned and if not for injuries he may have been the best, but in general the others were just as good. Again skills wise he was on another planet at the time.

No.

To conclude, Ronaldo is the second best player that I've seen in my lifetime. Other players might have done more, and for longer, but only Messi surpasses him in terms of making the impossible seem inevitable.

Guest Howaythetoon

Henry, all be it a few years later, could do what Ronaldo did and then some! Again at the time he was something else, but Messi, the other Ronaldo, Zidane and Henry were or are all better IMO. For 1 year he was on another planet, granted.

Guest firetotheworks

He really couldn't like HTT. Henry was a fantastic player that had some great moments, there's no doubt about that, but I can't say that he was the same as Barca/Inter era Ronaldo. He just wasn't, nor was he even that type of player.

Guest Howaythetoon

Barca, when he went to Inter there was Weah at AC Milan who was tearing it up all the same. Shearer at Blackburn as well. Let's not forget Shearer was regarded as the world's 3rd best player and Maldini himself when asked who he feared the most said Shearer in terms of strikers.

Guest Howaythetoon

Seriously Henry was something else, on another planet in terms of PL players. Watch him in his pomp and watch Ronaldo in his pomp. Henry did it over 10 years or so though. Again injuries hampered Ronaldo, if he suffers no injuries we would be talking about one of the greatest of all time or thee greatest. I don't deny that.

Guest Howaythetoon

Henry, all be it a few years later, could do what Ronaldo did and then some!

This is a false statement.

Seriously, with your views on Pardew you shouldn't even be watching footy never mind commenting on it.

Seriously Henry was something else, on another planet in terms of PL players. Watch him in his pomp and watch Ronaldo in his pomp. Henry did it over 10 years or so though. Again injuries hampered Ronaldo, if he suffers no injuries we would be talking about one of the greatest of all time or thee greatest. I don't deny that.

Are you saying Ronaldo only did it for 3 years? He was the best player on the planet three times despite having a two year injury between two of those. Ridiculous to suggest Henry was something else. Even Rivaldo won a world player of the year. Henry didn't.

Henry, all be it a few years later, could do what Ronaldo did and then some!

This is a false statement.

Seriously, with your views on Pardew you shouldn't even be watching footy never mind commenting on it.

My views on Pardew? Below average PL manager. I never thought he was the worst manager in the world but I don't rate him either.

The year Nedved won it, Henry deserved it imo.

But generally I think Henry was a little bit of a flat track bully. Maybe that's harsh but with his best teams he wasn't the main man either (France & Barca imo).

I don't even think Thierry himself would think he was better than R9.

He may have had the greatest PL career Henry.  BUt I think Suarez and Cronaldo are better players than he was.

The year Nedved won it, Henry deserved it imo.

But generally I think Henry was a little bit of a flat track bully. Maybe that's harsh but with his best teams he wasn't the main man either (France & Barca imo).

I don't even think Thierry himself would think he was better than R9.

He may have had the greatest PL career Henry.  BUt I think Suarez and Cronaldo are better players than he was.

Nedved? The France Football Balon D'Or? I'm talking about the FIFA one. Even Owen won the Balon d'Or. Wasn't a real thing until it combined with FIFA's.