Ronaldo

M4

Ronaldo as great a career he has had, you can't help thinking how much better it could have been had it not been for injuries.

IMO Messi will eclipse him but if Ronaldo carried on the level he was at I think overall he was the better player. To think Darren Bent & Andy Carroll cost a lot more than he did. I know its a different market these days but could you imagine how much it would take to sign Ronaldo on today's prices?

Amazing player, thought he would've been the best player for a while but he's been completely overshadowed by Messi.

Nah, maybe in this country. On a wider scale he'll never be overshadowed by Messi, ever.

What do you mean in this country?  He's a better player full stop.  Only those who are Brazilian or biased would disagree.

The fact that you say he will never be overshadowed pretty much shows that you fall into the biased camp.

Bias has nothing to do with what's there on paper, and on paper Messi hasn't achieved as much as Ronaldo, yet.

Plus, you're 12 years old, how do you know who the better player is/was?

How old are you then?  Just to clear this up because you seem to offer an opinion on every player from the 1970s onwards.

Like who?

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,76635.msg2995904.html#msg2995904

Didn't see much of a few of those?

What are you early twenties?  Would have see any of of Zico, Maradona, Matthaus playing in their pomp?

Frazzle, Ronaldo disagreeing with you inherently renders you wrong, retarded, biased and worthy of ridicule, condescension and contempt.

Have a nice day :thup:

So you were 11/12 when watching Ronaldo play his season with Barcelona, a player you consider yourself an authority on?  That's fair enough, but hardly a position to have a go at others who compare the two.

For me, Ronaldo is the greatest in my life time so far. Messi is awesome but their was just something more about Ronaldo. I would have loved to have seen the pre-injures Ronaldo in the prem or even just today to see how he would do because there has never been a more direct and lethal striker. Watching him just pick it up go on a run, little step over, Boom weaker left foot, drills it in the bottom corner. Unstoppable. I tend to just believe this "thyroid" story about his weight. just makes it easier to carry on worshipping him :)

I didn't have a go at anyone. :lol:

I simply said Ronaldo will not be overshadowed by Messi. History will recognize Messi as the better player, but he won't overshadow Ronaldo. All the greats have their place.

I didn't have a go at anyone. :lol:

I simply said Ronaldo will not be overshadowed by Messi. History will recognize Messi as the better player, but he won't overshadow Ronaldo. All the greats have their place.

Fucking fifa man. Tyler "Cristiano Ronaldo now outstripping the other Ronadlo now?"

Gray, "Absolutely"

Andy gray  :facepalm: don't think he ever watched a single game that wasn't a premiership or champions league match

Nice video of 'Before/After Ronaldo'

Not bad, not bad. They should have had more of those iconic moments re-enacted by everyday people. Reminds me of a Jordan ad.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...