Ronaldo

M4

You cannot compare them.  They are different types of player. You might as well discuss who is the best out of Baresi and Maradona.

One thing that is certain is how good the two would've been together.

:lol: Definitely not the same as comparing Maradona and a defender...

You cannot compare them.  They are different types of player. You might as well discuss who is the best out of Baresi and Maradona.

One thing that is certain is how good the two would've been together.

:lol: Definitely not the same as comparing Maradona and a defender...

Why? Completely different types of player.  My exaggerated example is just that because they play in different positions. I wasn't advocating that it's the same, more that is as facile.

Ronaldo was an out and out centre forward and Cronaldo isn't. So how can you compare?

One huge difference is that Cron is prone to going missing in the really big games, unlike Ronaldo who was know for his impact on the big occasion

I think he (CR7) was prone to fail on big occasions. In the last classicos and the last big games for Portugal he was almost always the main man and man of the match.

One huge difference is that Cron is prone to going missing in the really big games, unlike Ronaldo who was know for his impact on the big occasion

He scored in 7 straight Clasicos, scored a ton against Atletico, has scored in the CL final and semi final. The guy is a big game player, it's clear. When he was younger, he would shy away from the occasion but these days, he shows up when it matters, undoubtedly. His record for Portugal also supports this.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I think holding Ronaldo's International record over Cristiano is a bit crass given the disparity in talent between the nations involved.

Can't beleive he's still being tarnished with this brush. Mental  :lol:

Cos it's true bretty boy!

He scored in 7 straight Clasicos, scored a ton against Atletico, has scored in the CL final and semi final. The guy is a big game player, it's clear. When he was younger, he would shy away from the occasion but these days, he shows up when it matters, undoubtedly. His record for Portugal also supports this.

Basically what Pip says.

Only have to look back a few months ago where he carried his nation to the WC with a superb performance against Sweden. Fair enough you could argue he had the better team but it was still a huge tie in which he was expected to step up and he didn't disappoint, he was fantastic.

If it was a choice of having one of either Ronaldo or CR7 on Newcastle in their prime, I'd have chosen Ronaldo 10 out of 10 times. On his day I'm uncertain which of him and Messi I'd rank as the best player I've seen play in my lifetime. Just a shame injuries ruined any chance of consistency.

If it was a choice of having one of either Ronaldo or CR7 on Newcastle in their prime, I'd have chosen Ronaldo 10 out of 10 times. On his day I'm uncertain which of him and Messi I'd rank as the best player I've seen play in my lifetime. Just a shame injuries ruined any chance of consistency.

:thup:

I'd take Ronaldo straight away, because he was a better player to watch if anything, before he turned fat and mingin.

This.  Cristiano is fucking amazing, but Ronaldo was just unreal to watch. It's about entertainment in the end, and Ronaldo was that.

I suppose we'll have to see how Cristiano does at the World Cup, he's certainly shown himself to be capable of carrying Portugal past any side they'll face bar probably Spain.

No he hasn't, Sweden are the only team he has shown that he is capable of carrying Portugal past

I suppose we'll have to see how Cristiano does at the World Cup, he's certainly shown himself to be capable of carrying Portugal past any side they'll face bar probably Spain.

No he hasn't, Sweden are the only team he has shown that he is capable of carrying Portugal past

I well remember him not being able to climb out of Ashley Cole's pocket whenever they met.

I well remember him not being able to climb out of Ashley Cole's pocket whenever they met.

He's a world class left back tbf. Doubt there's many who would have an unblemished record against him. Never seen him let down England in major tournaments.

And with that said, Aaron Lennon is the best player in the world.

This Cronaldo guy has scored in every round in the CL, every type of big club match and he still gets critcism about the big stage. It's going to take a WC final.

Only from idiots. I genuinely have no idea how people can still come to that conclusion. Ludicrous.