Level 7 Corner

MKSC

Going to sort a ticket for the Barnsley game later, gonna sample the atmos up in the gods so wondered where you good people consider to be the best spot. The stadium plan on the box office has six sections to chose from. Working that 1 is the closest to the family stand and 6 is the closest to the opposition, where would you recommend I go for to get the best "in game experience"??

Just go Knowing in mind that you will probably have to stand all game. Some people go up there an expect everyone within 5 rows in front of them to sit down and get angry when they don't. The box office really should tell people buying tickets what to expect.

6 if you like the banter, 1 if your more concerned about the kids and such, their will be more bad language and insults towards section 6.

Just me going, leaving the kids back home, My language is pretty bad so I'm not worried about being offended.

Just go Knowing in mind that you will probably have to stand all game. Some people go up there an expect everyone within 5 rows in front of them to sit down and get angry when they don't. The box office really should tell people buying tickets what to expect.

I would expect nothing less. I don't really like watching football sitting down,unless I'm on the sofa, it feels sort of abnormal.

On the point of children I know you aren't taking yours but its just a general point. Took my two younger brothers up there last year for the Fulham game last year and they were fine, we were near the back but people were wary of them and personable enough to position themselves so that both of them could see. They enjoyed all the singing and generally had a good time apart from us geeting screwed on that disallowed goal, which even from Level 7 you could tell that it was a fucking goal  :angry:

Be prepared for a bit of a shock at how high it actually is, always takes me a while to get used to if I'm up there.

The box office really should tell people buying tickets what to expect.

Any standing is unauthorised and against stadium rules, so they can hardly endorse it by telling you in advance it's going to happen. Same with foul language, technically you can be thrown out for it.

The fact that the club don't clamp down on it like some clubs do and instead turn a blind eye is to their credit.

The box office really should tell people buying tickets what to expect.

Any standing is unauthorised and against stadium rules, so they can hardly endorse it by telling you in advance it's going to happen. Same with foul language, technically you can be thrown out for it.

The fact that the club don't clamp down on it like some clubs do and instead turn a blind eye is to their credit.

Doesn't take a genius to expect foul language & standing in the part of the ground labeled 'Singing section' if you ask me. Still I'm never surprised when I see people turning up for their first game of the season & looking rather annoyed that thay're having to stand. Unlucky.

L7, Block E, Row G, Seat 0387. Wasn't a great deal left to chose from by the time I got round to it. Looking forward to it, first time I have ventured up into the gods for a game. I normally get Level 4 behind the goal in the Leazes End, sorry, Sir John Hall Stand.

• 2 weeks later...

Pardon me for committing three terrible forum crimes (tread hijack, thread revival, and and change of topic), but how does the atmosphere in the corner compare to the Gallowgate? I've been down from Aberdeen for four games over the past two years and the only place I haven't sat yet is the Gallowgate end. I thought L7 was class when I sat there, but I'm coming down for the Blackpool game with my Dad and L7's probably a bit too far from the pitch for his shoddy eyesight to cope with.

We like to have a sing and a bit of banter, so does anyone think the Gallowgate would be a decent alternative? Last time we came down, we sat in the East Stand which was pretty quiet.

Pardon me for committing three terrible forum crimes (tread hijack, thread revival, and and change of topic), but how does the atmosphere in the corner compare to the Gallowgate? I've been down from Aberdeen for four games over the past two years and the only place I haven't sat yet is the Gallowgate end. I thought L7 was class when I sat there, but I'm coming down for the Blackpool game with my Dad and L7's probably a bit too far from the pitch for his shoddy eyesight to cope with.

We like to have a sing and a bit of banter, so does anyone think the Gallowgate would be a decent alternative? Last time we came down, we sat in the East Stand which was pretty quiet.

if you're sitting anywhere in the Gallowgate get the South East Corner which links the Gallowgate and East Stand. Near the back too if possible. IMO, other than Level 7 it's the best place in the ground for atmosphere. Not quite as good as L7 but still...