Summer Clearance: who would you get rid of?

Ishmael
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nolan, Butt, Pancrate, Barton, Ryan Taylor, Pancrate and Best.

to those who voted for the kids, what have you seen of them that suggests we should get rid?  Is it simply the fact they've not been given much of a run out as we thought they might?

Was assuming Godsmark & Donaldson were out of contract anyway, could be wrong mind :undecided:

So I see.  Danquah, Baheng and Godsmark definitely are.  .com don't list Donaldson's contract duration.

Guest Roger Kint

to those who voted for the kids, what have you seen of them that suggests we should get rid?  Is it simply the fact they've not been given much of a run out as we thought they might?

Was assuming Godsmark & Donaldson were out of contract anyway, could be wrong mind :undecided:

So I see.  Danquah, Baheng and Godsmark definitely are.  .com don't list Donaldson's contract duration.

Sorry i just realsied it was Danquah i saw on it not Donaldson. Having not seen much of them am not convinced if any will have a future at a decent level tbf, binnsy's the man to ask

Guest NSMagpie

Only two should really leave by all means, now that Geremi is gone: Joey Barton, because of his erratic and irresponsible behaviour on and off the field, constant underachieving and high wages, and Shola Ameobi, because his frequent injuries and lack of team play qualities/ poor workrate really need to be dealt with.

Also considered Nicky Butt, for advanced football age and constant injuries, but, as most people describe him as role model professional, and as he has positive influence on younger players and losts of experience, his last season could be in the Premiership next year. He can be used as a cover for some younger defensive midfielder Newcastle should acquire in the summer, and as a role model for comming players.

Alan Smith is not the right player, IMO, for Newcastle, but considering the lack of funds and his will to play and give his best, I don't think his stay for another season would be too detrimental, though I wouldn't exactly cry to see him leave.

Sorry i just realsied it was Danquah i saw on it not Donaldson. Having not seen much of them am not convinced if any will have a future at a decent level tbf, binnsy's the man to ask

same here, just find it bizarre that Shane Ferguson has 18 votes, still with a year left on his contract whereas Jonas had 0.  Obviously I think he's one the majority would want to keep, but its weird 18 people want rid of a kid we've yet to see in comparison to a player who starts pretty much every game when fit and has drawn criticism periodically.

Am nitpicking on a very minor issue here, but it baffled me.  Time to drop it and move on.

Guest NSMagpie

Why isn't Hughton in the list?

He wasn't given a squad number this year :(

;D

Another answer can be: Because Hughton does what he is supposed to, and does it with this team he has.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Smith- Looks like Championship material. Too slow for Premiership.

Nolan- No pace, fat, slow, no energy- A championship player.

Ameobi- Constantly injured, wouldn't cut it next year

Butt- Released

Best- Has looked pretty ineffective at this level

Tozer-

I'd keep Pancrate, we need depth and I think he could be an alright back up player, 'cos it is unlikely we will go out and buy buy buy in the summer.

Guest Roger Kint

I'd keep Pancrate, we need depth and I think he could be an alright back up player, 'cos it is unlikely we will go out and buy buy buy in the summer.

Would rather get a good loan kid in. Wiltshire, Cleverley(assuming he stays at Man Utd) Lansbury, Weiss etc will no doubt all be available cheaper for the season and infinitely less likely to fail horribly at that level

I would like to see thw back of Butt, Barton, Nolan, Best, Shola, Pancrate, Ryan Taylor and Smith.  Out of that lot I can only see Butt going as he'll be out of contract, the others will probably remain at the club.

That would be my choice too.

Guest firetotheworks

Butt, Simpson, Best, Pancrate are the players I'm almost certain aren't good enough for a PL squad. Nolan, Smith, R Taylor, Shola are adequate back up, but I wouldn't care if they were sold.

Butt, Simpson, Best, Pancrate are the players I'm almost certain aren't good enough for a PL squad. Nolan, Smith, R Taylor, Shola are adequate back up, but I wouldn't care if they were sold.

Don't think Simpson isn't good enough tbh. He is still very young and still can improve. He's better than many players we've had there some years ago like Carr or Ramage.

Fitz Hall

Fabrice Pancrate

Nicky Butt

Frank Danquah

Wesley Baheng

Jonny Godsmark

All are out of contract in the summer. Can't see any of them staying on.

this lot plus nolan for me.

the rest we would be best keeping, as i cant see us spending much in the summer, if anything.

Guest CaPiTaL cHaP

Butt & Pancrate will be out of contract and i'll be surprised (and disappointed) if renewed.

Barton will have 2 years left on his contract in the summer and i can't see him taking a pay cut if he's deals extended so i'd sell him after this season finishes. He'd hold us to ransom anyway.

Nolan will have enhanced his reputation which is great, sell him.

Ryan Taylor should be able to get a move to a Championship club, sell him.

Ameobi will never do well in the Prem and has fitness issues. Will be harder to shift imo. Sell or loan him out. He might do a bit better away from the atmosphere at SJP anyway while on loan and someone might be willing to take a punt. Hope so.

Alan Smith will also have enhanced hi reputation. Great, sell him while his stock's up and get someone who could at least last the pace of the prem on about 1/4 of his wages.

I would like to see thw back of Butt, Barton, Nolan, Best, Shola, Pancrate, Ryan Taylor and Smith.  Out of that lot I can only see Butt going as he'll be out of contract, the others will probably remain at the club.

Agree with that selection except Smith who I reckon could still do a job for us next season. My concern is I have no faith what we'll bring in (if anything) over the summer will be set hearts alight.