Hertha Berlin fans don't take losing lightly

Ishmael

Hertha Berlin hooligans went on a violent rampage after their side remained rooted to the bottom of the Bundesliga table after losing 2-1 at home to Nuernberg on Saturday. According to Goal.com Germany, around 100 fans stormed the pitch, some of them armed, as they attempted to attack players, and coach Friedhelm Funkel. Players in fear for their lives fled the scene as the thugs trashed the dugouts before police intervened to restore some order.

Rock-bottom Hertha succumbed to their 12th game at home without a win. Theofanis Gekas scored, before Albert Bunjaku pulled Nuernberg level. Angelos Charisteas struck the killer blow in stoppage time, prompting the chaotic scenes. After the game Nuernberg coach Dieter Hecking called for urgent action following the security breach as fans continued to roam the pitch. "It's very serious what happens in German stadiums, and we must ensure football does not degenerate. I don't understand why these idiots ran onto the pitch," he told the press.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgTo0XQTovU&feature=player_embedded

"Sky Sport" nice to know they cover just the one sport.

The german "sky sport" has nothing to do with the english "sky sportS". It is called sky sport only because there are others like "sky welt" or "sky film" out there.   :pow:

To the topic: I personally can somehow understand the Hertha fans. They were title winning candidates for some part of last season and now they're as good as relegated.

The german "sky sport" has nothing to do with the english "sky sportS". It is called sky sport only because there are others like "sky welt" or "sky film" out there.   :pow:

To the topic: I personally can somehow understand the Hertha fans. They were title winning candidates for some part of last season and now they're as good as relegated.

So an "instant" Newcastle United then  :laugh: :weep:

We weren't title candidates in 07/08, or did I miss something?

No, I see your point. There are some similarities between them and us. Only that we will be Premier Leauge next season and they'll be 2.Bundesliga.  :lol:

No, I see your point. There are some similarities between them and us. Only that we will be Premier Leauge next season and they'll be 2.Bundesliga.   :lol:

That's why I said "instant" because it took us a bit longer to complete our decline :D

No, I see your point. There are some similarities between them and us. Only that we will be Premier Leauge next season and they'll be 2.Bundesliga.   :lol:

That's why I said "instant" because it took us a bit longer to complete our decline :D

Alright. Should read more carefully.  :lol:

we should of done this last season with those pathetic wankers ala owen, martins, viduka, kinnear etc

What? We should have tried to attack them with weapons?

Actually yes, we definitely should have. Would love to slap Owen with a brick.

we should of done this last season with those pathetic wankers ala owen, martins, viduka, kinnear etc

What? We should have tried to attack them with weapons?

Actually yes, we definitely should have. Would love to slap Owen with a brick.

:lol:

Guest neesy111

3-0 up away to Wolfsburg after half an hour.

I guess this paid off...

wolfsburg are in deep trouble, after winning the title as well

Gotta love the Bundesliga, Bayern has always been up there but haven't won the title in ages, while the other candidates/winners change their form so much season to season it's ridiculous.

Bayern won the title last in 2008... surely not ages ago.

Gotta love the Bundesliga, Bayern has always been up there but haven't won the title in ages, while the other candidates/winners change their form so much season to season it's ridiculous.

Bayern won the title last in 2008... surely not ages ago.

Yeah, that's right... for some reason I thought their last title was the 2006 one  :doh: