Fight/bust up at the training ground?

binnsy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not sure Hughton will be here next year anyway and I doubt very much he has either the power or authority to make the type of decision needed here unilaterally.

Not sure why people feel Taylor is being victimised though. Taylor does a decent job but there is something not right with that lad. Not sure what. Probably the star jumps, pointing and other stuff most people stop doing when they are 12.

I know what I said the other day about having Carroll's goals over Taylor's defensive displays, but forcing him out? If true then fucking hell

Treating Carroll like he's the victim :lol:

Not sure Hughton will be here next year anyway and I doubt very much he has either the power or authority to make the type of decision needed here unilaterally.

Not sure why people feel Taylor is being victimised though. Taylor does a decent job but there is something not right with that lad. Not sure what. Probably the star jumps, pointing and other stuff most people stop doing when they are 12.

:lol:

I've no idea why Hughton is getting stick for his handling of this. Since the club haven't even acknowledged that an incident took place it's extremely difficult to nail him for any action he may or may not have taken. For all we know Carroll may have been fined heavily. Do we really want to go back to the days of public dressing downs and statements as per the one in my signature? I prefer a wall of silence to anything else.

I don't want to see Taylor leave but what can the club do if he decides he wants out?

I know what I said the other day about having Carroll's goals over Taylor's defensive displays, but forcing him out? If true then fucking hell

Bonny lass Louise like, credit to journalismhttp://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2008/09/18/louisetaylor.jpg

Bonny lass Louise like, credit to journalismhttp://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2008/09/18/louisetaylor.jpg

She could eat an apple through the bars of a prison cell.

I've no idea why Hughton is getting stick for his handling of this. Since the club haven't even acknowledged that an incident took place it's extremely difficult to nail him for any action he may or may not have taken. For all we know Carroll may have been fined heavily. Do we really want to go back to the days of public dressing downs and statements as per the one in my signature? I prefer a wall of silence to anything else.

I don't want to see Taylor leave but what can the club do if he decides he wants out?

hughton has handled this very well by just not acknowledging this took place hes forcing the journos to feed on scraps, if it had been acknowledged then there would have been a lot more bad press headed our way from the 4th estate

She could eat an apple through the bars of a prison cell.

You know you've lost the argument when you resort to insults about your opponent's appearance or personal attributes.

I think there is a case to say that the football leagues should become involved with the likes of Carroll and Barton to develop punishments that are equal for all clubs and all players without the worry that other clubs may take a softer line, or take advantage by signing players you've sacked.

Has The Sunday Sun said owt about it? Would have though Farrington would have done.

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/sundaysun//tm_headline=steven-taylor-s-exit-is-on-hold%26method=full%26objectid=26123167%26siteid=79310-name_page.html

Steven Taylor's exit is on holdMar 28 2010

by Neil Farrington, Sunday Sun

NEWCASTLE'S ruthless plan to sell broken jaw victim Steven Taylor this summer may rest on whether he is fit for a full pre-season's training.

After internal discussions following the bathroom incident which left Taylor in need of surgery and a two-night stay in hospital, United appear ready to try to cash in on the defender while sticking with his alleged assailant, Andy Carroll.

Despite the nationwide furore over the latest flashpoint, Carroll, who is awaiting trial on an ABH charge, appears to have received the support of influential figures in the Magpies’ dressing room.

By shocking contrast, sympathy for Taylor, who has had titanium plates fitted to repair a double fracture of his jaw, seems in short supply at St James’ Park.

And the 24-year-old centre-half is also the subject of an online campaign bizarrely intent on laying much of the blame for the alleged bust-up – which, contrary to reports, did NOT stem from a dispute over wages – at his door.

But while the likes of Aston Villa, Everton and Fulham have already been linked with a summer move for Taylor – who would love to stay put on Tyneside – their interest may depend on him being up to a return to training in early July.

Although the basic healing time for a double fracture of the jaw is six to eight weeks, professional sportsmen are usually warned against resuming full-contact activity for four months, and some victims take up to six months to recover full strength and feeling in their face.

Taylor also faces a struggle not to lose a significant amount of weight – a classic symptom of being restricted to a liquid diet.

Surprisingly, Newcastle boss Chris Hughton yesterday insisted he still has “hope” that Taylor will be back in action before the end of the season.

But Hughton refused to comment on how Taylor suffered his fresh injury or why Carroll has been pictured with both of his hands heavily bandaged.

United are said to have been rocked by another player row just two days before the Taylor incident.

Joey Barton is understood to have clashed with Fabrice Pancrate in an argument over a tackle during training on the eve of Newcastle’s trip to Bristol City last Saturday.

Barton was not then included in the squad which travelled to Ashton Gate, while French winger Pancrate was an unused substitute.

Meanwhile, Shola Ameobi could return to the Newcastle frontline tomorrow – alongside Carroll – for the promotion showdown with Nottingham Forest at St James’ Park.

Mike Williamson is also fit to return to the centre of United’s defence.

And the 24-year-old centre-half is also the subject of an online campaign bizarrely intent on laying much of the blame for the alleged bust-up – which, contrary to reports, did NOT stem from a dispute over wages – at his door.

Is he just talking about forums/messageboards?

my mind will change on this if Taylor is forced to leave because of it. I was quite happy to ignore it if it had been sorted out in house, but Taylor having to leave will be nothing short of disgracefull.

I'm not for banning/selling players for incidents like this if they can be sorted out in house and it be the end of the matter, football itself has no morals and it would simply mean another team benefiited from our stance a la bellamy, we have been in decline since we sold him and he has gone on to bigger and better things, and to be a better player. I see no benefit in that for nufc, at all. this doesn't mean it's correct, it's just the way the game is.

Taylor being forced to leave though (if true) puts a very different spin on things.

Taylor doesn't have to leave, if he does it will be totally down to him. The Guardian article mentions that Nolan is part of a powerful dressing room clique, but while I'd be the last one to defend Nolan, it seems to me the spirit throughout the squad is as good as it's been for a long time. If Nolan has been instrumental in that he deserves praise, not underhand insinuations which this bint is indulging in. Steve Taylor is doing himself no favours if she's acting as his mouth piece.

my mind will change on this if Taylor is forced to leave because of it. I was quite happy to ignore it if it had been sorted out in house, but Taylor having to leave will be nothing short of disgracefull.

I'm not for banning/selling players for incidents like this if they can be sorted out in house and it be the end of the matter, football itself has no morals and it would simply mean another team benefiited from our stance a la bellamy, we have been in decline since we sold him and he has gone on to bigger and better things, and to be a better player. I see no benefit in that for nufc, at all. this doesn't mean it's correct, it's just the way the game is.

Taylor being forced to leave though (if true) puts a very different spin on things.

Taylor doesn't have to leave, if he does it will be totally down to him. The Guardian article mentions that Nolan is part of a powerful dressing room clique, but while I'd be the last one to defend Nolan, it seems to me the spirit throughout the squad is as good as it's been for a long time. If Nolan has been instrumental in that he deserves praise, not underhand insinuations which this bint is indulging in. Steve Taylor is doing himself no favours if she's acting as his mouth piece.

depends on the way the incident came about.

which is why its pointless to speculate on whos right or wrong, for all we know taylor could have thrown the first punch missed and carroll retaliated and didn't miss

When news came out about Carroll smashing a glass into someones face while he was out he was condemned by a lot of people and most on here were saying he had problems. In the players in public thread it has been questioned why after games he is in Tup Tup Palace, especially after the GBH incident. Although nothing has been said about the incident and most of it is what has been heard from sources I can't see how Taylor can be to blame. Fair enough texting a woman who was in a relationship or had been with Carroll, but that doesn't give someone the right to hit them.

Yesterday morning I saw the Andy Carroll photo on the front page of the paper with his hands bandaged up. Ironically he came into the shop I work at without the bandages on and his hands were a mess. It didn't look like he had got one punch and thought thats enough, both hands were covered in stitches and bruised.

I think Hughton has handled it as best he could, it got out into the press, but only small details have emerged and te rest is assumptions like 'Taylor is not part of the clique' etc.

Is he just talking about forums/messageboards?

Skunkers, most probably.

which is why its pointless to speculate on whos right or wrong, for all we know taylor could have thrown the first punch missed and carroll retaliated and didn't miss

which is why i've put a few "if's" in some of my posts. however, if he threw the first punch over some texts, given his previous, he wants sacking or at the very least sold.

I'm assuming that Taylor must have provoked it to some extent otherwise I don't think the majority of the squad would have sided with Carroll. It does seem as though Taylor is the fly in the ointment just going off what we know...which admittedly isn't a lot.

I'm assuming that Taylor must have provoked it to some extent otherwise I don't think the majority of the squad would have sided with Carroll. It does seem as though Taylor is the fly in the ointment just going off what we know...which admittedly isn't a lot.

it's funny how we aren't allowed to say it was carrolls fault as we werent there and its press speculation but its exactly the same press saying the majority of the squad are backing him. most of whom just probably want an in form player in the team and dont want to cause any further problems......lets face it, footballers often tend to be a pretty gutless bunch when it comes to standing up for something beyond their pay.

One good thing could come out of this mess:-

"Taylor also faces a struggle not to lose a significant amount of weight – a classic symptom of being restricted to a liquid diet."

Losing a stone or so won't do him any harm.  :snod: