Sunderland...

Heron

Zonalmarking has some respect for the tactical astuteness of Steve Bruce. The derby nature of our game with them tends to throw tactical nous out the window though, could/should be a cracker.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/02/21/arsenal-2-0-sunderland-an-ambitious-approach-from-steve-bruce-that-almost-came-off/

bit of a myth the "form goes out the window for derbies" etc. we've tended to get the points when we've been the better team generally and they have when they've been the better team. we went so long with a good record against them because we were for so long the better team, even their two 2-1 wins came at a time when they finished above us and were generally better than us.

I don't care if its uncool to hate sunderland on this messageboard, but I do. I f***ing hate sunderland. I hate their fans. I hope they lose every time they play. I hope they get relegated. And I do look on RTG - its a good laugh - the panic that sweeps through there whenever we get a result is great.

More like whenever we get the f***ing ball.

whether it be a competitive game or a friendly.

Zonalmarking has some respect for the tactical astuteness of Steve Bruce. The derby nature of our game with them tends to throw tactical nous out the window though, could/should be a cracker.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/02/21/arsenal-2-0-sunderland-an-ambitious-approach-from-steve-bruce-that-almost-came-off/

bit of a myth the "form goes out the window for derbies" etc. we've tended to get the points when we've been the better team generally and they have when they've been the better team. we went so long with a good record against them because we were for so long the better team, even their two 2-1 wins came at a time when they finished above us and were generally better than us.

I didn't say it threw form out the window though. Due to the nature of the derby I said tactical planning can suffer. Heat of the moment and all that stuff.

I didn't say it threw form out the window though. Due to the nature of the derby I said tactical planning can suffer. Heat of the moment and all that stuff.

nah, first 10mins or so tends to be a bit more hectic then the football takes it's normal course.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Quite a few of them already spat the dummy like, some of them in hysterics.

They were expecting us to collapse in the league and just sit there and take it, they were expecting to walk the derby and have been very arrogant about how much money they have spent. ''I bet Newcastle wish they had £13m to spend blah blah''

We have a new spirit, we are the underdogs who can win :D

Guest neesy111

They were expecting us to collapse in the league and just sit there and take it, they were expecting to walk the derby and have been very arrogant about how much money they have spent. ''I bet Newcastle wish they had £13m to spend blah blah''

I think we are the best people to say that money doesn't buy you success.

I think we are the best people to say that money doesn't buy you success.

along with Man City!

Funny how when Chelsea were in the lead it was such a big deal and when we were leading it was just a mickey mouse cup game.

Actually the very same cup their manager wanted so much he played an almost full strength team against West Ham reserves.

I didn't think I'd be saying this a couple of years ago, but we have a better squad than them and we certainly have a better manager than them.

I don't believe in karma but if I did a thoroughly rotten season while we punch above our weight would be well deserved after the histrionics when we went down :lol:

Its nailed on, already started- thats why Smbers are panicking. :lol:

It's funny how most of them think that only one or two of our players would get in their first team.

I like the way they talk about us in the same way as a Hull or Blackpool, forgetting the fact that while we are newly promoted a lot of our players are of Premier League quality and the performances are them playing as we know they can. They're astoundingly arrogant.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Tiote wont give a fuck when he's enjoying a fine cattermole on toast, neither will Arfa when he's showing bramble what rape really means

Tiote wont give a f*** when he's enjoying a fine cattermole on toast, neither will Arfa when he's showing bramble what rape really means

Chances are that Clattermore will be suspended for the derby.

If he isn't then I expect him to be off by half time for a over the ball 'challenge' on Barton.