Sunderland...

Heron

Guest Wearside

I am not from the area so I cannot comment on the rivalry but I thought this question fit this thread.

What is going on with the Sunderland attendances? I just watched the Premier League Review show and saw the highlights from the 3-0. This is as good as I remember the mackems playing, they are high up the table and they have some players worth watching but all I saw on the highlights were empty seats.

Are the SoL tickets priced higher than most other teams? Have they done something to alienate the average fan and lost a portion of the gate? Do they have trouble selling the away section?

I thought they loved Niall Quinn and the Irish owners. Why no support?

We had a bigger gate than so called world famous club Liverpool on the day in question,why do you fail to mention this?

I am not from the area so I cannot comment on the rivalry but I thought this question fit this thread.

What is going on with the Sunderland attendances? I just watched the Premier League Review show and saw the highlights from the 3-0. This is as good as I remember the mackems playing, they are high up the table and they have some players worth watching but all I saw on the highlights were empty seats.

Are the SoL tickets priced higher than most other teams? Have they done something to alienate the average fan and lost a portion of the gate? Do they have trouble selling the away section?

We had a bigger gate than so called world famous club Liverpool on the day in question,why do you fail to mention this?

Cause hes from Canada, commenting on your gate, from your highlights, not Liverpool's maybe

Because Liverpool are going through a bad spell, their worst in over 10 years and Sunderland are going through their best in 10 years. Simple.

Guest Wearside

Will this be the same Liverpool who have won major European trophies and finished top 4 regular in the last 10 year?

We have had one,yes one half decent first half of the season in the last 10 year.

And let's not forget that this is the Sunderland thread of the forum. We rip on the Liverpool fans elsewhere on here, in the relevant threads. It's not like we never mention other fans' shitty support.

I failed to mention this because I was watching a highlights show with your 3-0 and it struck me that there were close to 20,000 empty seats. I was wondering what was behind this as you are doing well this season and there seems to be a settled ownership/management.

As for Liverpool - I am aware of their recent fan unrest with regard to the ownership and the manager. Hodgson's recent negative comments regarding the support and the generally poor form of the team etc. Therefore, I did not need to ask.

Will this be the same Liverpool who have won major European trophies and finished top 4 regular in the last 10 year?

We have had one,yes one half decent first half of the season in the last 10 year.

What do Liverpool have to do with your attendances? Do they supply the fans from their excess or something, is that supposed to explain it?

You do have to take account of Liverpool's PASSIONATE, UNRIVALLED fans. I hear European nights at Anfield are the best in the galaxy.

You do have to take account of Liverpool's PASSIONATE, UNRIVALLED fans. I hear European nights at Anfield are the best in the galaxy.

:lol:

Guest Wearside

What do Liverpool have to do with your attendances? Do they supply the fans from their excess or something, is that supposed to explain it?

Just pointing out that our support when compared to other so called world famous clubs and the success they have had is not that bad.

Just pointing out that our support when compared to other so called world famous clubs and the success they have had is not that bad.

Why?

I work with a Spaniard and he asked me a few years ago why "famous European Knights" show up at Anfield for the Liverpool games. He was convinced that their was some connection to English royalty.

Have to say that he was terribly disappointed when I set him straight.

Why?

trying to divert attention from the fact that no-one's going to see them have a very good season, possibly?

Guest carlie

:lol:

Even if those european nights were something to shout about, which they are not, they will soon be long long gone.  :celb:

They used to invent a story like that at least once a day hoping some dumbnut would repeat it on radio or in the press.

Thery've been slacking recently but this effort was well worth waiting for.

P.S. Their sources are going down market - just the platinum club nowadays - used to be the director's box or a private box at very least.