Sunderland...

Heron

:booboo:

Please.

Agreed, just for this week

Nah, forever. I hate how they have a thread on here and I hate how it never drops off the first page.

A load of people hate how you're a poster on here but they largely keep it to themselves and skip your posts, why don't you do similar?

Let them celebrate man, the more they celebrate the more it indicates the small club mentality that will hover around Sunderland forever. There is absolutely no question who has had a more sucessful season, especially when considering the expenditure and expectations. Next season we both start on a level pegging, and I will be very surprised if they are above us this time next May.

Well they're not exactly going to not celebrate finishing above their biggest enemy are they? Anyone with an ounce of sense knows you've had the more successful season and are the ones who look more like moving forward. They'll know that but I refuse to believe people wouldn't celebrate if it was the other way around.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I was at the West Ham game. The celebrations of the mackems when the 3-3 score came in was unbelievable. Such a small club mentality.

Like this...

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/7830/8594display.jpg

....Or better?

Sounded so. Although I couldn't see them (They were below us). My god man, West Ham were awful.

Well they're not exactly going to not celebrate finishing above their biggest enemy are they? Anyone with an ounce of sense knows you've had the more successful season and are the ones who look more like moving forward. They'll know that but I refuse to believe people wouldn't celebrate if it was the other way around.

It's not the point mate. Fair enough, they finished ahead of us, absolutely fair play. But does finishing ahead of a newly promoted club who has absolutely spanked you 5-1 constitute celebrating like you have won the Champions League? If we finished 19th and them 18th, they would still have a massive wankfest for months.

Title change, it needs to be something emphatic considering they won the north east cup, you know, the one in their minds.

You can only feel pity for the mongs really, it was the only ambition they had this season/this week/today, god knows, their ambition changed hourly

Well i'm fucking gutted. If west brom had just rolled us over, fair enough but to have finishing above them wrapped up and bring Smith on, i can't accept that. Fucking wanker.

I can't believe we have a thread about them on here. And how it's always near the top. So much so that I'm posting here to bump it back to the top again.

I don't see the problem with having a thread about them on here, especially when most of it is just laughing about the laughable shite on RTG.

Like it or not they're not a complete irrelevance to us anymore, we're in similar positions and those yardsticks will be made at the minute, for the lack of any other meaningful achievements for either side.  The difference is that they've never been light years ahead of us as has been the case for us for the majority of the last 20 years.  In those years they were a complete irrelevance to me, apart from generally being an easy 6 points each season if they even managed to be in the same league as us.  Today though I'm annoyed to have finished below them, but don't see where they go from here tbh.

more annoying in that brucey boy can say "oh look at me ain't I a genius manager despite my constant injury list throughout the season and darren bent stabbing me personally in the back and being unable to sign anyone with that 24m in 2 weeks that through all that adversity I finished above a newly promoted club after spending way more than them"

Guest pont-toon

whilst its dissapointing not to finish above the makems after being 3 nowt up there is a thread of comfort in that the Corbridge Cabbage will still be in charge for them next season even after signing another 27 centre halves.

They will be shouting for his head again come the end of September.

Guest Wearside

Wearside will come here like a triumphant hero now after this amazing finish to the season.  :lol:

Nope I won't,it doesn't cover up what has been a very disappointing season and if we don't spend heavily we will struggle next season.

I'm not going to lie though and after the last couple of month of seeing half of the Newcastle squad plus Pardew and Carver giving interviews about how you were going to finish above us, it is slightly satisfying.