Sunderland...

Heron

Guest Heneage

Charlie Adam is the other player we are trying to sign.

Muntari,Sessegnon and Adam,this could be a good January.

Where would they all play though? I presume Gyan and Bent would start up front? Muntari and Cattermole in the middle?

Henderson, Richardson, Adam, Sessegnon, Zenden, Welbeck, Malbranque all fighting for 2 places? Good luck trying to keep them all happy tbh.

Not having a pop btw just wondering how it's going to fit together.

Cattermole is a liability and I wouldn't be too disappointed if he was moved on.

If and it's a big "IF" these signings happen then I'd go for a midfield of Henderson Muntari Adam Sessegnon

They're all canny players but it's a bit gung-ho for Bruce isn't it? :lol:

Sunderland's results have been built on an organised back 4 and a solid, disciplined midfield. You can throw that out of the window with that midfield playing behind Bent and Gyan. Would be very entertaining to watch but you'd be horribly exposed and cut to ribbons.

I'm actually not surprised that we seem to be going for it.I went to a talk-in with Quinn about 2 year ago and he was very critical of Murray for not showing ambition when we were in a similar position about 10 year ago and he said if that happened again we wouldn't make same mistakes.

Didn't you say though for every player that comes in one must leave, a sort of balance the books mentality by Quinn. With 3 potential inbound who will leave?

sessegnon AND muntari? wow, thats pretty impressive. i hate that  :weep:

starting to get pretty nervous for next weekend. as others have said, i'd definitely take a draw right now.

Would be quite happy to see Muntari play next week,  maybe even Sessegnon although i have to say i've never seen him play.  Can't see Muntari's match fitness being that good,  i might be wrong but don't think he's been playing every week for Inter and they don't have reserve teams in Italy(or didn't used to) and a highly charged derby game played at 100mph isn't really a game to be thrown into if your not fully fit.

Guest Wearside

Charlie Adam is the other player we are trying to sign.

Muntari,Sessegnon and Adam,this could be a good January.

Where would they all play though? I presume Gyan and Bent would start up front? Muntari and Cattermole in the middle?

Henderson, Richardson, Adam, Sessegnon, Zenden, Welbeck, Malbranque all fighting for 2 places? Good luck trying to keep them all happy tbh.

Not having a pop btw just wondering how it's going to fit together.

Cattermole is a liability and I wouldn't be too disappointed if he was moved on.

If and it's a big "IF" these signings happen then I'd go for a midfield of Henderson Muntari Adam Sessegnon

They're all canny players but it's a bit gung-ho for Bruce isn't it? :lol:

Sunderland's results have been built on an organised back 4 and a solid, disciplined midfield. You can throw that out of the window with that midfield playing behind Bent and Gyan. Would be very entertaining to watch but you'd be horribly exposed and cut to ribbons.

I'm actually not surprised that we seem to be going for it.I went to a talk-in with Quinn about 2 year ago and he was very critical of Murray for not showing ambition when we were in a similar position about 10 year ago and he said if that happened again we wouldn't make same mistakes.

Didn't you say though for every player that comes in one must leave, a sort of balance the books mentality by Quinn. With 3 potential inbound who will leave?

Well Gordon still hasn't signed a new contract and his contract expires in 18 month and depending on who you believe Henderson is wanted by a few clubs.

I'd be more than happy to see Muntari make his debut vs us. The man is a headless chicken.

i dont mind them bringing people in from abroad for thier first game against us.It usually takes foreign players many games to adjust to the prem- add to that the frantic nature of a Derby against our in form experienced players. baptism of fire imo.

Bruce has spent so much that finishing out of the top 8 would be a huge failure.

They've balanced the books quite a bit aswell to be fair.

Managing to get £8 million for Jones and robbing £3 million off Leicester for Waghorn. This means they actually made a profit in the latest transfer window, what is also worth noting however is that the use of the loan market will backfire on them. They will need to either replace or buy these players in the longterm.

Guest Heneage

I don't know how much Bruce has had but I give him credit for turning round what was essentially a Championship squad left by Keane. Like any manager he's had his blemishes, which IMO are Cattermole and Campbell, but his gamble on Bent's paid off, and Gyan looks to be doing well too.

Using the loan system is something we've not made the most of tbh. They get good players in for next to nothing year on year and it makes sense.

They can't be faulted for that imo.

Guest BooBoo

Using the loan system is something we've not made the most of tbh. They get good players in for next to nothing year on year and it makes sense.

There's no real continuity though using loans. Wellbeck and Onouha have done well but they're back to square one once they go back to their parent clubs.

There's no real continuity though using loans. Wellbeck and Onouha have done well but they're back to square one once they go back to their parent clubs.

They did the same with Jonny Evans. He did really well, but they just buttered him up for Man U. Now with Welbeck the likelyhood is they're just turning him into a good player and once again see him go back leaving them looking for an expensive replacement.

Onuoha they may end up with permanently, but his performances may only result in City asking for even more money than in the first place.

starting to get pretty nervous for next weekend. as others have said, i'd definitely take a draw right now.

Would be quite happy to see Muntari play next week,  maybe even Sessegnon although i have to say i've never seen him play.  Can't see Muntari's match fitness being that good,  i might be wrong but don't think he's been playing every week for Inter and they don't have reserve teams in Italy(or didn't used to) and a highly charged derby game played at 100mph isn't really a game to be thrown into if your not fully fit.

Crying with laughter at this post.

Reckon we start Keane, Bentley and Larsson against them.  Actually fuck it, we'll take Sessegnon as we were linked with him first.  Anyone see a flaw in my plan?  ANYONE?

Would be quite happy to see Muntari play next week,  maybe even Sessegnon although i have to say i've never seen him play.   Can't see Muntari's match fitness being that good,  i might be wrong but don't think he's been playing every week for Inter and they don't have reserve teams in Italy(or didn't used to) and a highly charged derby game played at 100mph isn't really a game to be thrown into if your not fully fit.

Crying with laughter at this post.

Reckon we start Keane, Bentley and Larsson against them.  Actually fuck it, we'll take Sessegnon as we were linked with him first.  Anyone see a flaw in my plan?  ANYONE?

Are you really, though?

They'll loan someone else next season though.

The important thing is to get the best XI out of the park every week. If they loan them or own them doesn't really matter. They've done well in recent seasons in that respect. 

Guest Wearside

They'll loan someone else next season though.

The important thing is to get the best XI out of the park every week. If they loan them or own them doesn't really matter. They've done well in recent seasons in that respect. 

Exactly,decent players want to play football regular and are not happy just sitting picking up wages and you will always get decent players available on loan.

In recent years we have had Evans,Cisse and Hutton all of whom I believe were playing Champions League football this season,I think more and more teams will be going down this route.

Guest Heneage

Cisse is only playing CL football because he's with the Greek champions. :lol:

I agree it's a good method, but then how do you really build a squad if you know 3-4 are potentially leaving in June?

:***D

screenshot above just for you

Nearly as awful as your last post.

Urgh.

Should make sure that every post delivers its content in the most serious manner possible...?  yawn.

No, you could make them funny or serious...just not shit and pointless.

What was the point you were making, though, that the players might not actually sign for Sunderland? What a fucking oustanding revelation. If people were jumped on every time speculation and conjecture were discussed then it would be a pretty boring place.

theres a good chance they can sign some of them permanently. clubs let players go on loan because they aren't in their plans and that normally doesn't change by the end. 'developmental loans' such as wilshere are exceptions. cant see onuoha getting games at city or muntari at inter - unsure what'll happen with welbeck yet.