Sunderland...

Heron

Think they would have taken those results this morning?

I'd go with yes.

Sunderland fan was telling me this morning he really hoped Bruce fielded a strong team (which I guess they did, particularly with Bent and Gyan up front), and was pleased to see the teamsheet so as to take the FA Cup seriously. He's now somehow claiming a) it wasn't a strong team (apparently that means a home defeat to Notts County is acceptable?) and that b) the FA Cup, in the end, doesn't matter, hence he wasn't bothered. Tool.

Also a fair few on Facebook seem to be pretending their game never happened.

Guest Wearside

It would seem a few people shouted a little bit too early tonight :lol:

Shocking results for both of us today,the joys of supporting a North East side eh? :idiot2:

Guest Heneage

Shocking results for both of us today,the joys of supporting a North East side eh? :idiot2:

How many changes will be made for next week?

Guest Wearside

Well from today's side Mignolet,Angeleri,Da Silva,Reid,Riveros,Colback and possibly Malbranque won't be playing next week.

Well from today's side Mignolet,Angeleri,Da Silva,Reid,Riveros,Colback and possibly Malbranque won't be playing next week.

Is Colback a Ginger Leadbitter

Guest Heneage

So who do you think will play with injuries and what have you?

Guest Wearside

Is Colback a Ginger Leadbitter

Leadbitter was better,Colback is too lightweight to play centre midfield and gets brushed off the ball very easily.

i heard brucie has registered himself.

Guest Wearside

I think we will make at least one signing before next week but if we don't I'd expect something like....

----------------------------------------------------------Gordon---------------------------------------------------------

-

Bardsley-------------------------Bramble-------------------------Ferdinand------------------------Richardson

-

Elmohamady-------------------Henderson-----------Zenden----------------------------Malbranque

-

--------------------------------------Bent------Gyan-----------------------------------

Guest Wearside

depending on who we have up front- if its Carroll and ameobi - we can really bully that defenece.

if they play - we win.

A defence that is one of the best in the league,11 clean sheets in 22 games.Newcastle have scored 9 goals in 10 League away games so not exactly pulling up trees.

depending on who we have up front- if its Carroll and ameobi - we can really bully that defenece.

if they play - we win.

A defence that is one of the best in the league,11 clean sheets in 22 games.Newcastle have scored 9 goals in 10 League away games so not exactly pulling up trees.

A defence which was bullied 5-1.

The worry for me is that we barely created a chance against vastly inferior opponents today.  At least Sunderland managed to carve out numerous opportunities that they then failed to take...meaning they'll obviously rack up a good few next week as a result.

if they play - we win.

A defence which was bullied 5-1.

this- Bramble was a shambles

Guest Heneage

I think the last derby proved form counts for little in these games, it's often about who plays well on the day. You also have to factor in the players response to the 5-1, they may come out the traps dying to rectify the result, they may be nervous.