Sunderland...

Heron

Guest Haris Vuckic

We dont have the squad to compete in the league, Europa league (19 games to win) and the two domestic cups.

I know they have difficult games coming up, but Sunderland are pretty much there now. Can't see 2 teams overtaking them - certainly not ourselves, Stoke or Bolton. Only Liverpool and Everton will be able to do it, unless Villa really turn it around.

I know they have difficult games coming up, but Sunderland are pretty much there now. Can't see 2 teams overtaking them - certainly not ourselves, Stoke or Bolton. Only Liverpool and Everton will be able to do it, unless Villa really turn it around.

A week's a long time in this years table, nevermind a couple months. Remember this is nearly the same team that managed a winless run that lasted all winter last season. I'd say they're favourites atm but it's far from a forgone conclusion. I'd expect it to be very very close come May, the top 10-6 being separated by a couple of points or so.

Long way to go yet.

Guest Wearside

Has Wearside been on here since Sunday?

Morning,have I missed anything? :)

Villa got Bent, which made me happy because I've been telling them to get bent since May 2009.

Aye good luck to the lad,was brilliant for us but no point in keeping someone that didn't want to be here.If he had been sold in the summer I don't think we would have seen this uproar,it was the timing of it and left us very short on strikers.

Alreet lads, long time admirer of the site. First post and all that.

I noticed that article from RTG the other day about someone who knew Tiote in the Apple Store. I used to work there so I had a chat with the lads there, and it was Tiote's cousin. Absolutely fuck all was said about Tiote leaving for Spurs, but what was mentioned was that apparently Carroll had been offered £5m to sign for Spurs but turned it down. If so, top lad. Sounded utter bull to me, but Tiote's cousin came back in...with Tiote. So maybe there's an element of truth in it. But either way it's hilarious how the mackems are clutching at straws to hide the fact they're gutted about Bent, and so may it continue.

it was only a few months ago carroll was interviewed saying he wants to be here for the rest if career and achieve what shearer did. strangely i haven't heard this mentioned ONCE in the press with all the OMFG HOW IS HE NOT GOING TO SPURS carry on

Villa got Bent, which made me happy because I've been telling them to get bent since May 2009.

Aye good luck to the lad,was brilliant for us but no point in keeping someone that didn't want to be here.If he had been sold in the summer I don't think we would have seen this uproar,it was the timing of it and left us very short on strikers.

you still didn't have to accept the offer which is the point bruce seems to be missing

Guest Wearside

you still didn't have to accept the offer which is the point bruce seems to be missing

He put a transfer request in,he left us with very little option.

I said on here a few weeks ago that Bent has been very poor this season and it really didn't come as a surprise to me and maybe it will work out for the best as Gyan prefers playing up front on his own and the cash will enable us to buy some decent midfielders that we desperately lack.

I said on here a few weeks ago that Bent has been very poor this season and it really didn't come as a surprise to me and maybe it will work out for the best as Gyan prefers playing up front on his own and the cash will enable us to buy some decent midfielders that we desperately lack.

i find it hard to believe that some accommodation between bent and the club couldn't have been sorted so he could see out the season and then move on, just seems your lot were very quick to take the cash

Guest Wearside

i find it hard to believe that some accommodation between bent and the club couldn't have been sorted so he could see out the season and then move on, just seems your lot were very quick to take the cash

Who knows, maybe we were happy to take the cash despite what Bruce and Quinn have said,I guess we will never know and £18m rising to £24m is a great fee whichever way you look at it.

Guest palnese

What do they mean when they post SEB?  As in this post http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=563386

FROM RTG

A long time ago there was a joke which hopefully everyone has heard by now about Sophie Ellis Bextor and a Murder on Zidane's Floor.

The joke itself doesn't matter, but over a few months loads of different people posted it on here thinking they were the first person to do so.

For anyone regularly visiting the message boards this became very tedious.

So literally, "SEB" means Sophie Ellis Bextor - it is used whenever a topic is repeated several times on the message board (perhaps Seen 'Ere Before is a better way of thinking about it).

Of course the question "What does 'SEB' mean?" is SEB in itself.

Try reading beyond the 1st page of posts or using the search facility before you post your messages to avoid this.

What do they mean when they post SEB?  As in this post http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=563386

Of course the question "What does 'SEB' mean?" is SEB in itself.

Try reading beyond the 1st page of posts or using the search facility before you post your messages to avoid this.

Not registering over there just to search like, you sound like a mackem tbh.