Sunderland...

Heron

Muntari is gash.

The main aim of signing footballers generally is too improve on your current squad/team,Muntari would be a vast improvement on the current defensive midfielders we have,it's really not even a debate he is a class above.

So if Muntari is gash, but he's a cut above what you have in your current squad, what dies that make them?

'The Future of English Football' TM

Guest Wearside

who are these 'current defensive midfielders'? it must look pretty grim for them.....

Cattermole who is a liability and Meyler who won't be back till about April at the earliest.On the brightside however if we can sit in 6th place with Cattermole playing I wonder where we can finish with a current European Cup winner in our ranks. :)

who are these 'current defensive midfielders'? it must look pretty grim for them.....

The future of English football, £20m rated Jordan Henderson, no less.

But he's not a defensive midfielder, I hear you cry. Well, from the amount of time he spends floating around doing nothing, he's as much as a DM as he is an AM/RM which he is apparently supposed to be.

Guest Heneage

I don't rule out the chance Muntari could work for Sunderland but the fact so many are ignorant to his current position is funny. Anyone who watches Serie A will tell you how poor he's been.

Cattermole who is a liability and Meyler who won't be back till about April at the earliest.On the brightside however if we can sit in 6th place with Cattermole playing I wonder where we can finish with a current European Cup winner in our ranks. :)

No higher than 6th, that's for sure.

I don't rule out the chance Muntari could work for Sunderland but the fact so many are ignorant to his current position is funny. Anyone who watches Serie A will tell you how poor he's been.

But he's won trophies, so that's your argument well and truly blown out the water, isn't it?

Is Muntari really that bad though?

Don't watch any Italian soccerball so can't account for the last couple of years but he was an above average player for Pompey.

He lived off a couple of screamers at Pompey. He was average/competent at Udinese and has been an absolute trainwreck (bar a couple of decent games first season) for Inter. No tactical awareness, no personal discipline, no technique, cannot pass to teamates, cannot create, cannot tackle. He could run about a bit as a sub and acted as Mourinho's cheerleader but other than that he was closer to killing Inter's treble season than actually contributing to it.

Maybe he'll go to Sunderland, run about a bit, score a few corkers and look better because of the style of football...but he's hardly a worldbeater. Infact he's a long way from it, and the mackems should probably curb any expectations they have of him.

Guest Heneage

But he's won trophies, so that's your argument well and truly blown out the water, isn't it?

:lol:

The future of English football, £20m rated Jordan Henderson, no less.

But he's not a defensive midfielder, I hear you cry. Well, from the amount of time he spends floating around doing nothing, he's as much as a DM as he is an AM/RM which he is apparently supposed to be.

Capello agrees with you.

Round 2 of 'guess the shit player with a disproportionately impressive trophy haul'

* Portuguese Liga: 2002–03, 2003–04

* Taça de Portugal: 2003

* Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira: 2003, 2004

* UEFA Champions League: 2004

* UEFA Cup: 2003

* Premier League: 2004–05, 2005–06, 2009–10

* FA Cup: 2006–07, 2009–10

* Football League Cup: 2004–05, 2006–07

* FA Community Shield: 2005, 2010

* UEFA European Football Championship Runner-up: 2004

* World Cup Fourth Place: 2006

* UEFA Team of the Year: 2002–03

* ESM Team of the Year: 2003-04

Oh my, he must be some kind of legend I here you cry.

Round 2 of 'guess the s*** player with a disproportionately impressive trophy haul'

Paolo Ferriera?

Round 2 of 'guess the s*** player with a disproportionately impressive trophy haul'

Cant be chewed looking it up....Paolo Ferreria?

César Sánchez

Yes the Spurs legend!

* Campeonato Paulista: 1996

* Copa do Brasil: 1998

* Copa Mercosur: 1998

* Copa Libertadores: 1999

* Torneio Rio-São Paulo: 2000

* UEFA Champions League: 2003

* Coppa Italia: 2003

* FIFA World Cup: 2002

* FIFA Confederations Cup: 2005