Sunderland...

Heron

God man, he's looked decent in a crap wigan side that over-achieved one season under bruce.  He'll be found out when their is much more people watching him, than the 500 that watch wigan

He was similar for them than he was for us tbh. A fair few howlers. You're right though, deffo got noticed more for us. Hes always been a good defender, but every now and again, he has one of his moments.  Personally can't wait for them happening at sunderland :D

£750k according to SSN. What are Wigan playing at?

Personally think it's a great move for Newcastle anyway. Weakens Wigan, doesn't significantly improve Sunderland, one more rival who could potentially finish below us this year, and I think Wigan will do.

Agree with that. It's going to be Wigan and Wolves most likely who we'll need to better in the battle to stay up and any weakening of their teams is good news for us.

I think Wolves will be fine, Blackpool & Wigan are almost certs imo. Think if we can finish above WBA again that'll do it for us.

£750k according to SSN. What are Wigan playing at?

Personally think it's a great move for Newcastle anyway. Weakens Wigan, doesn't significantly improve Sunderland, one more rival who could potentially finish below us this year, and I think Wigan will do.

Agree with that. It's going to be Wigan and Wolves most likely who we'll need to better in the battle to stay up and any weakening of their teams is good news for us.

I think Wolves will be fine, Blackpool & Wigan are almost certs imo. Think if we can finish above WBA again that'll do it for us.

I think Wolves will be as well but from the teams already in the Prem I'd still say they have the second weakest squad so you can never be too sure.

Didn't DW a while back say wigan would be ran within its budget now.

Thats them gone !

Their tactic seems to be to be unapologetic about being a selling club, meaning they can have a punt on promising your players like Moses because their agents know that DW won't stand in their way if anyone decent comes after them, and the net gain on transfers keeps the money ticking over.  Of course it's a risky business because the players ahve to realise their potential, do well enough to keep them up and gain enough interest to keep the cash coming in (What happened to all this stuff about N'Zgobia going to Arsenal for £11m?)

Guest neesy111

750k is an absolute steal and surely not true?

He has 2 years on his conract and his their best CB.

for the 2nd worst defence in the league last season

750k is an absolute steal and surely not true?

He has 2 years on his conract and his their best CB.

for the 2nd worst defence in the league last season

That's the fault of poor tactics and other poor defenders around him. He's worth a lot more than 750k.

There are so many flaws in that story its untrue.

Bendtner won't leave, BVB don't need strikers nor could they afford his fee/wages, Wenger doesn't like players who can't play "football" or buying players for grossly large fees when they are cheaper (Chamakh - who he has already bought) alternatives.

The Sol staying at Arsenal thing doesn't add up though.

can see him staying at arsenal tbh, arsenal are lacking in cbs atm with gallas silvestre and sendeross gone only verm and the french guy wenger bought

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=509129

:lol:

Would be so funny if this happens. 

makes sense to me, arsenal create loads of chances but can't finish, bent can finish if he gets a chance plus hes english so no worry for wenger about the homegrown rule on this one

It's not as simple as that. You can't just shove somebody with a proven record into a good team and expect him to score.

Bent relies on the system being built around him, playing on the shoulder of the last defender and running in behind. In essence he's quite a limited footballer who would struggle to fit into Arsenal's dynamic tactics. He wouldn't be able to hold up play, drop deep to link up, play 'tippy-tappy' football with technical midfielders etc.

The way Arsenal play would mean for the most part it would be like playing with 10 men, Bent would look awful playing for them imo. You see how he struggled with Spurs, and Arsenal are even less adapt to accomadating him than Spurs were.