Sunderland...

Heron

Guest Roger Kint

So are Sunderland now officially the benchmark for Newcastle United Football Club?

Mr Pardew's comments would certainly indicate that this is the case.

The man is just pointing out that we should continue playing until the end and get as many points as possible, maybe if your manager said something similar 8 games ago you wouldnt be so shite

So are Sunderland now officially the benchmark for Newcastle United Football Club?

Of course SAFC are in the short term as that is achievable target but getting the points to stay up is still the main target. 

We probably already have enough points to stay up.  Sunderland are below us and in freefall.  These are both pretty weak targets.  We need to motivate the team by setting a difficult target such as 7th place.

Guest Wearside

Bruce will be gone either before the end of the season or when the season ends,I'm fairly sure of that,the only question is when does Short pull the trigger.

Of course SAFC are in the short term as that is achievable target but getting the points to stay up is still the main target. 

We probably already have enough points to stay up.  Sunderland are below us and in freefall.  These are both pretty weak targets.  We need to motivate the team by setting a difficult target such as 7th place.

The way this season has gone I will wait till we are mathematically safe. 7th fuck off...WERE YOU ONE OF THE MONGS WATCHING LIVERPOOL V MUFC THINKING THAT RESULT WILL EFFECT OUR EUROPEAN CHANCES?

Bruce will be gone either before the end of the season or when the season ends,I'm fairly sure of that,the only question is when does Short pull the trigger.

I think it would  take a blitzing at home for him to be sacked before the seasons ends. He has spent decent wedge, loaned quite a few players in yet SAFC have no left back. Why get Ned in for right back when you have Bardsley?

Can you afford to sack him?

would seem a bit of a difficult decision like, who they gonna go for and if they do bring someone in they're gonna have to shell out massively to sack bruce and to give the new manager cash to re-build the team. i'd stick with him if i was them.

Guest Wearside

We have a billionaire running us,I'm sure he won't have any problems stumping up the £6/7m to save his investment from crumbling beneath him.

We have a billionaire running us,I'm sure he won't have any problems stumping up the £6/7m to save his investment from crumbling beneath him.

good use of the bent money, 6m to spurs for sell on and you owed them cash anyway, 6m on sessengon whos been garbage going to spend 6m on muntari (what a waste of money) and the final 6m to sack bruce

Guest Wearside

Martin O'Neill is the obvious candidate,out of work so no compensation to pay and a proven next level manager.

Moyes is apparently unhappy at Everton due to his lack of resources,whether he would come is a different story.

Jol would be a good appointment.

Bruce is a dead man walking and he knows it,he is normally the type of manager he is always out of his dug out shouting instructions at the players,yesterday he barely left the dug out and sent our assistant to do it,Short is known in the business world as being ruthless and it wouldn't surprise me if Bruce is gone over the next week.

Guest Chubby Jason

But it's all the fault of the officials is it not? If only Sunderland had fair and impartial referee's in all their games, they'd be undefeated at the top of the league surely?

The way this season has gone I will wait till we are mathematically safe. 7th f*** off...WERE YOU ONE OF THE MONGS WATCHING LIVERPOOL V MUFC THINKING THAT RESULT WILL EFFECT OUR EUROPEAN CHANCES?

You need to go and get your helper, quick, before you cut yourself on something sharp.

Oh, and 7th place isn't Europe, 5th is, which we won't achieve.  You've completely missed what I was saying.  What is the point of setting 17th place as a target, when we are 9th?!  Looking at the predictor, 35 points is safe.  I've got Newcastle finishing 9th on 49 points.

Not too big an ask, 10 points from 7 games, is it?

Guest mimifrench

I don't know if you remember but i've told you before that Sessegnon was not AS good as you thought he was.

Look, since he arrived in sunderland : 7 defeats 1 draw 0 win .... You'll understand surely why PSG wanted to get rid of him.

By the way, the sunderland shirt looks very awful... red and white stripes don't make a good mixture lol

And i wanted to ask you something : has ever a player played for Newcastle and Sunderland (in his carrer) or move from one of those club to the other ? You know like man united and liverpool....

I don't know if you remember but i've told you before that Sessegnon was not AS good as you thought he was.

Look, since he arrived in sunderland : 7 defeats 1 draw 0 win .... You'll understand surely why PSG wanted to get rid of him.

By the way, the sunderland shirt looks very awful... red and white stripes don't make a good mixture lol

And i wanted to ask you something : has ever a player played for Newcastle and Sunderland (in his carrer) or move from one of those club to the other ? You know like man united and liverpool....

Lee Clark

The way this season has gone I will wait till we are mathematically safe. 7th f*** off...WERE YOU ONE OF THE MONGS WATCHING LIVERPOOL V MUFC THINKING THAT RESULT WILL EFFECT OUR EUROPEAN CHANCES?

You need to go and get your helper, quick, before you cut yourself on something sharp.

Oh, and 7th place isn't Europe, 5th is, which we won't achieve.  You've completely missed what I was saying.  What is the point of setting 17th place as a target, when we are 9th?!  Looking at the predictor, 35 points is safe.  I've got Newcastle finishing 9th on 49 points.

Not too big an ask, 10 points from 7 games, is it?

Cheers for the advice.

I never said what position would get us in Europe. Staying up is our primary objective once we have done that I will move on to the next target.

10 points from 7 games, never underestimate NUFC in letting you down. Would be nice to get 3 today & make it 7 points from 6 games.