Sunderland...

Heron

Many mackems genuinely cite their best day in football as the day we got relegated.

Never in their darkest dreams did they realise we would bounce back and humiliate them in the most wretched way imaginable.

Guest Randy Savage

Many mackems genuinely cite their best day in football as the day we got relegated.

Never in their darkest dreams did they realise we would bounce back and humiliate them in the most wretched way imaginable.

Having endured several relegations as the mags were doing well, it was understandably sweet for all Sunderland supporters, particularly the younger ones. Nothing will beat '73 for mackems of a certain vintage however.

Re. that day it was the combination of us staying up (when we feared another drop) and at your expense, with Shearer being in charge to top it all off. Many SAFC fans had a feeling you would sneak out of it, probably at our expense, so when you didn't it was great.

You would have been exactly the same if the fortunes of both clubs over the last 20 years had been reversed.

Not sure if I can pick out one specific high point in supporting the lads but I think twatting Chelsea on their own patch last year will take some beating. Reidy's side decimating the Championship in 1999 and tearing Chelsea apart in 1999/2000 are in there as well.

I quite enjoyed the day Sunderland and boro went down and we got in the champions league:)  I think they deserved to be happy and rub our noses on it then (villa different story).  "best day I football" is a bit sad mind.

Guest Roger Kint

I quite enjoyed the day Sunderland and boro went down and we got in the champions league:)  I think they deserved to be happy and rub our noses on it then (villa different story).  "best day I football" is a bit sad mind.

Lets be honest here getting into the Champions League was the key part of it seeing as we all expected Liverpool to stuff Shef Wed, the rest was just a nice little bonus on the top.

exactly, how the fuck football fans felt the best day in football was the downfall of their rival rather than success of their own team, what a cunt :thdn:

The fact they are making so much noise about finnishing above is all about papering over the crfacks for them. they are shitting themselves, at the rate we have improved vs the rate they are failing , we have caught them in one season and should comfortably pass them next.

:mackems:

Brilliant,simply brilliant.I don't even know where to begin with that post.

wearside?

Lets be honest here getting into the Champions League was the key part of it seeing as we all expected Liverpool to stuff Shef Wed, the rest was just a nice little bonus on the top.

True... was the icing on the cake.

Didn't we also have to beat Arsenal by more than what they beat whoever they faced as well?

That was a brilliant end to the season, before that we have 3 tough away games at Arsenal, Man Utd & West Ham within about 5 days I think, and came out with 5 points to set that day up. Dalglish had his moments to be fair to him.

Didn't we also have to beat Arsenal by more than what they beat whoever they faced as well?

That was a brilliant end to the season, before that we have 3 tough away games at Arsenal, Man Utd & West Ham within about 5 days I think, and came out with 5 points to set that day up. Dalglish had his moments to be fair to him.

Blackburn beat arsenal in the last minute with a controversial goal,  letting us in.  Wengers first season i think.

This one made me laugh:

The London marathon is bad enough it's a waste of licence payers money but the coverage given to the north run is a f***ing disgrace. It isn't even a proper marathon. It's a joke and more tyneside propaganda convincing the country that the north east begins and ends on the f***ing tyne.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?p=10820565&highlight=#post10820565#ixzz1YIKP82WO

This one made me laugh:

The London marathon is bad enough it's a waste of licence payers money but the coverage given to the north run is a f***ing disgrace. It isn't even a proper marathon. It's a joke and more tyneside propaganda convincing the country that the north east begins and ends on the f***ing tyne.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?p=10820565&highlight=#post10820565#ixzz1YIKP82WO

tyneside propaganda hahaha what the f***