The "We Won't Win Another Game This Season" Fred aka Relegation-o-meter

Stu
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My main concern now is that in the first half of the season we had some bad results at home to sides we need to be beating. Until now I was ok about it because I felt under Hughton we had every chance of beating these sides away and making it right. Now though, I'm not so sure we can. Under Pardew I can see us becoming utter shite away from home. The kind of team that parks the bus and hoofs it up front in the hope of getting a goal, rather than playing controlled, passing football. If today is anything to go by we could well lose to the likes of Stoke, Blackburn and Blackpool again this season.

Six more wins, is the way I'm looking at it. Reckon we can do that, just about. Hopefully one in the next two games will reduce that to five. But the window is now crucial. Pardew has to get some reinforcements out of Ashley. Another striker is essential.

Anything less than 3 points out of the next two games, and I'm going to say 8.

Anything less than four points in the next two and the forum will be in meltdown.  Get beat off West Ham or Wigan and everyone will be saying nailed on relegation.

I look forward to the day that this thread is closed to be honest.

Even if we lose to both shit teams that start with a "w", we still probably wont be in the zone so saying "nailed on relegation" or "must win" is silly.

Fact of the matter is that we are always in a relegation fight. We don't suddenly stop being in one because we win or start being in one because we lose.

All this thread is is basically the most egregious form of institutionalized knee jerking ever seen on the internet

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I look forward to when the poll is made clear whether 10 means going down or 1 does.

At least you know what 5 means

Not the same. The three I mentioned are having fantastic seasons (we saw glimpses of HBA), whereas your three were just big names (and Beye, who was actually ok). But I see what you're getting at.

Up to this point in the relegation season (19 league games), Owen was averaging 1 in 2 games. (7 in 14 starts & 1 sub appearance in the league, plus 2 in 2 in the Carling Cup).

Guest Tall Striker

Is a team with Andy Carroll, Cheik Tiote and Hatem Ben Arfa really going to get relegated?

At the end of the day, none of us have a fucking clue what will happen. We could finish 8th or 20th. That's what makes it exciting, but nervewracking for us.

The home games against the likes of West Ham, Birmingham, West Brom and Wolves will more than likely decide our fate.