What should our transfer priorities be?

James

Simple thread, listed below are the various squad playing roles that a team needs. How would you rate their priority out of 10 and why?

Starting Goalkeeper

Substitute Goalkeeper

Starting Right Back

Back-up Right Back

Starting Left Back

Back-up Left back

Starting Centre Back 1

Starting Centre Back 2

Back-up Centre Back 1

Back-up Centre Back 2

Starting Right Winger

Back-Up Right Winger

Starting Left Winger

Back-Up Left Winger

Starting Defensive Midfielder

Back-up Defensive Midfielder

Starting Central Midfielder

Back-Up Central Midfielder

Starting Attacking Midfielder

Back-Up Attacking Midfielder

Starting Striker 1

Starting Striker 2

Back-Up Striker 1

Back-Up Striker 2

Utility Defensive Player

Utility Offensive Player

Captain

Starting Goalkeeper 6

Substitute Goalkeeper 1

Starting Right Back 9

Back-up Right Back 3

Starting Left Back 2

Back-up Left back 5

Starting Centre Back 1 4

Starting Centre Back 2 1

Back-up Centre Back 1 5

Back-up Centre Back 2 0

Starting Right Winger 6

Back-Up Right Winger 5

Starting Left Winger 4

Back-Up Left Winger 5

Starting Defensive Midfielder 10

Back-up Defensive Midfielder 5

Starting Central Midfielder 7

Back-Up Central Midfielder 7

Starting Attacking Midfielder 9

Back-Up Attacking Midfielder 4

Starting Striker 1 10

Starting Striker 2 6

Back-Up Striker 1 2

Back-Up Striker 2 1

Utility Defensive Player 9

Utility Offensive Player 9

Captain 8

Simple thread, listed below are the various squad playing roles that a team needs. How would you rate their priority out of 10 and why?

Starting Right Back - 9 - Simpsons crap

Back-Up Left Winger - 7 - We don't have one

Starting Defensive Midfielder - 10 - Smith or Butt? No thanks

Back-up Defensive Midfielder - 10 - """"""""""""""""""""""""""""

Starting Central Midfielder 10 - Nolan too slow/doesn't make the appropriate effort, Barton too injury/trouble prone

Starting Striker 1 - 10 - Shola is injury prone, Best is crap, Ranger is hated by Hughton?

Starting Goalkeeper - 5 Harper will be ok, not brilliant

Substitute Goalkeeper - see above

Starting Right Back - 8 simpson isn't good enough

Back-up Right Back - 2

Starting Left Back - 0

Back-up Left back - 10

Starting Centre Back 1 - 5

Starting Centre Back 2 - 7

Back-up Centre Back 1 - 10

Back-up Centre Back 2 - 6

Starting Right Winger - 10 Routledge is not a prem player

Back-Up Right Winger - 5

Starting Left Winger - 4

Back-Up Left Winger - 10

Starting Defensive Midfielder - 4 hate the position

Back-up Defensive Midfielder - 4

Starting Central Midfielder - 9 dont rate Nolan or Barton at this level

Back-Up Central Midfielder

Starting Attacking Midfielder - 10 havn't had 1 for years

Back-Up Attacking Midfielder - 10

Starting Striker 1 - 10

Starting Striker 2 - 5

Back-Up Striker 1 - 10

Back-Up Striker 2 - 5

Utility Defensive Player

Utility Offensive Player

Captain

Guest firetotheworks

Starting Attacking Midfielder

Starting Striker 1

Starting Right Back

Back-Up Right Winger

Back-Up Left Winger

Starting Defensive Midfielder

Starting Goalkeeper

In that order.

We need a central midfielder who can control midfield and somebody to play up front who will get us goals, other than that we could do with a right back unless we're going to play Steve Taylor in that position.

We need a central midfielder who can control midfield and somebody to play up front who will get us goals

i'd agree with this, a pacey striker would be good, while apart from the obvious we're gonna need someone who can keep up with jonas and routledge on the counter attack. i think we need a dominating centre half aswell.

8 Starting Right Back

5 Back-up Left back

10 Starting Right Winger or Back-Up Right Winger, not bothered which

10 Starting Left Winger or Back-Up Left Winger, not bothered which

7 Starting Attacking Midfielder

10 Starting Striker 1

5 Starting Striker 2

We're utterly fucked when we don't have 2 wingers playing, so backup there is imperative IMO or we'll get destroyed by better teams. Would love to see a really clinical striker come in as well. Those 3 positions strengthened and we'll stay up no problems at all. Anything else I've listed would be a bonus.

We need a central midfielder who can control midfield and somebody to play up front who will get us goals, other than that we could do with a right back unless we're going to play Steve Taylor in that position.

this, although I think two central mids and maybe two strikers. Actually happy with 4 centre backs of colo, Taylor, williamson and kadar with Taylor at rb unless needed at cb. Not ideal but we have to cut our cloth accordingly

Having two wingers and slightly more attacking centre mid changed the Dynamics of our team. Getting a dominating defensive mid allowing Guthrie/Nolan/Barton to move further up the pitch or Buying a Attacking Mid who can take control of a Game will change us even more. Also a Quality striker must be where the most money goes. We need a Skillful player with Pace I think. Someone who could play up front on his own or alongside Carroll preffered. No idea who we could get though

Everyone seems to be saying pretty much the same thing, lets hope Ashley and Chris are reading.

Because its blatently obvious to anyone who watches us however our managers tend to have a habit of not realising this. Im hopeful Hughton understands as it was obvious we needed a Right Winger and for once a manager went and got one

Everyone seems to be saying pretty much the same thing, lets hope Ashley and Chris are reading.

Because its blatently obvious to anyone who watches us however our managers tend to have a habit of not realising this. Im hopeful Hughton understands as it was obvious we needed a Right Winger and for once a manager went and got one

True, it has been blatently obvious since *tin hat on*Emre left, that weve needed an attacking centre midfielder

True, it has been blatently obvious since *tin hat on*Emre left, that weve needed an attacking centre midfielder

Some might say *Tin hat even further on* that Barton is his replacement.

True even though emre was not the best at least we could attack from the centre as well as the wings. It will be to obvious if we play a rigid 4-4-2. We need to attack through the middle and mix things up

1 - A Striker

We desperately need someone who can play the channels/drop a bit deep and offer a link between midfield and attack. Yes we need a CM, but unless we have someone up front who can take advantage of some better distribution from the middle then we're as well off having Nolan there because there'll be nobody up front offering us any sort of movement. At the moment our attempts to play good football are entirely dependent on Peter Lovenkrands and, as much a I love the lad, if we're depending on him to keep us up next season we're fucked.

2 - A Central Midfielder

Ideally I'd like to see us get rid of Barton and Nolan and bring in two CM's. Realistically I think we'll see one of them moved on with the other staying. I'd love to see us go out and get a really good young ball-playing talent and build the midfield around him. Let Guthrie, Smith and Barton/Nolan battle it out for the other starting spot, with the other two then being backups.

3 - A Right Back

Simpson and Taylor aren't good enough, basically. Good squad players, but I'd love us to find some sort of right-footed Enrique and give us a good pair of FB's for the first time in years.

4 - A Right Winger

Routledge and Jonas are good options, but after them we've got nothing on the flanks. I'd like to see us bring in someone who could start on the right side, with Jonas on the left. Routledge has looked pretty decent on both sides, I think he'd be great to have as an impact sub and he'd be a capable starter when one of the starting wingers gets injured/needs a rest/has a dip in form.

This basically. And if we do, we'll stay up.

Guest loven Mag 11

Starting Goalkeeper harper

Substitute Goalkeeper krul

Starting Right Back hutton*

Back-up Right Back Raylor

Starting Left Back jose

Back-up Left back van whatshisname*

Starting Centre Back 1 colo

Starting Centre Back 2 big mike

Back-up Centre Back 1 Saylor

Back-up Centre Back 2 senderos*

Starting Right Winger ?

Back-Up Right Winger routledge

Starting Left Winger jonas

Back-Up Left Winger ?

Starting Defensive Midfielder ?

Back-up Defensive Midfielder ? (not Butt, he can P*** off)

Starting Central Midfielder O'hara*

Back-Up Central Midfielder Guthrie

Starting Attacking Midfielder Albin*

Back-Up Attacking Midfielder Noaln

Starting Striker 1 ?

Starting Striker 2 S. Fletcher*

Back-Up Striker 1 Lovenkrands

Back-Up Striker 2 Carroll

this would be a reasonable force for the bottom half of the divsion.

RB, CM, CF are 10

GK, LW,LB are 1

there has been rumours linking us with most players above*.

CM, ST, RB, RM. In that order i reckon. The first two are essential or i reckon we'll really, really struggle. It's pointless naming names, though.

So aye, get them four in as upgrades to the first team - in an ideal world. But i've got faith in Hughton when it comes to the transfer market.

In terms of our current players in those positions; i'd be happy with Guthrie/Nolan fighting it out for the second CM shirt... with Carroll/Lovenkrands fighting it out for the second ST shirt. I'm certainly with Shak on the Routledge front, he's been a superb buy this season and exactly what we needed, but he's not brimming with quality. He's just like, say, Lovenkrands - for eg - not great, but good enough at a couple of things to be seriously, seriously effective in this division.

How can everyone be so confident in our centre backs? Don't people remember how hard the PL was for Colo tha last time? Taylor is always injured alot, Williamson didn't make the team for Pompey.  We need a good CB!