Reading 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 13/04/10 - post match reaction from page 14

Dave

i mean't the newcastle end lol forgive me! :)

That makes no sense, you were sitting in our end close to us? :lol:

You know what he means ffs. :lol:

Seriously... I dont know what he means?  :icon_scratch:

near the pitch?

Guest leon b

joker, i was in corner right next to the away end, like el diablo said..... you know what i meant. I could'nt hear the chant proper as i was in the section dedicated to freinds and family and it was pretty quiet.

joker, i was in corner right next to the away end, like el diablo said..... you know what i meant. I could'nt hear the chant proper as i was in the section dedicated to freinds and family and it was pretty quiet.

To be fair I didn't know whether you mean the home or away end, as you said both :thup:

Simpson get pissed on by another seriously average winger, then? Fucking hell man. He's won his permanent contract and taken the foot off the gas, poor show from the lad.

Simpson was very poor at fullback but that isn't fair, Jose had a very tough time against Kebe too. Also he was ok at centre back second half, much better than I expected.

Guest Phil K

what was that chant the reading fans did about us being striped? which they them stopped immediately, after which we congratulated them for thier stupidity? also, was it on purpose?

Explain please - sounds strange.

Yep, despite the fact i'd likely fall under the 'cockney' banner, I was really disappointed with the atmosphere last night. Couldn't have been more different to the Peterboro game, I just got strange looks every time I started singing in the first half, nobody around us made a peep. Moved to the back of the stand for the second half (surprisingly high number of empty seats for a sold out game) and the atmosphere was a bit better, but still pretty tame. Fair play to the Reading fans, best (section of) home fans I've heard in a while, especially considering at 2 down their season was effectively over.

Not at all- you all sounded great on the radio. Not quiet at all.

The atmosphere was really subdued, but i think that's been the way since we clinched promotion. Expected a much harder game. May as well have played with 10 men given Ameobis' none performance. As soon as Carrol came on he had a hand up asking for the ball, while Shola just strolled around with no hope of catching a forward pass any more than 3 yards in front of him.

Guest prestonj1989

Reading used to be really quiet when I used to go as a home fan, must have changed a bit.

Disappointed to hear there were empty seats though, I really wanted a ticket.

I actually got offered tickets in the away end from someone who looked like he worked for the club. He had full training kit on and was standing just outside where the team coach was parked.

Guest Heneage

Reading used to be really quiet when I used to go as a home fan, must have changed a bit.

I actually got offered tickets in the away end from someone who looked like he worked for the club. He had full training kit on and was standing just outside where the team coach was parked.

Oldish bloke, quite tall with scraggle grey hair? That's our clubs press officer if so.

Guest prestonj1989

Oldish bloke, quite tall with scraggle grey hair? That's our clubs press officer if so.

Nah, he was quite young and had geordie accent. He had shorts on so looked like he worked with the players. I didn't notice him on the pitch during the warm up though. Also the guy that does the NUFC TV interviews (cant remember his name) was staying in the same hotel as me  :snod:

Nah, he was quite young and had geordie accent. He had shorts on so looked like he worked with the players. I didn't notice him on the pitch during the warm up though. Also the guy that does the NUFC TV interviews (cant remember his name) was staying in the same hotel as me  :snod:

Craig Hope isn't it?  Dude has zero personality.

Guest prestonj1989

Craig Hope isn't it?  Dude has zero personality.

Yeah thats the one.

Met the one-and-only Mr Madjeski when we were at the stadium a bit early, he looked a bit bemused about a load ogf geordie lads wanting their photo took with him. :lol:

I met him at 4am in one of the dirtiest bars in reading while he was in a full tux.  Very surreal experience and i'm not certain the bird he was with was very impressed.

Met the one-and-only Mr Madjeski when we were at the stadium a bit early, he looked a bit bemused about a load ogf geordie lads wanting their photo took with him. :lol:

I met him at 4am in one of the dirtiest bars in reading while he was in a full tux.  Very surreal experience and i'm not certain the bird he was with was very impressed.

He was with his Missus when we saw him.

I ended up going to some bar called the Purple Turtle, was another typical cheesy and tacky bar.

He was with his Missus when we saw him.

I ended up going to some bar called the Purple Turtle, was another typical cheesy and tacky bar.

:lol:

on another note, i didnt think simpson had that bad a game, but i did have quite alot to drink that night