NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Nolito linked in the Metro

Slightly more realistic than lukaku!

as much as i like lukaku (and for wullies benefit, thanks to betfair i've seen him play well over 20 times), even in the unlikely event we would consider paying that much (rumours are now he's off to chelsea for 30mill euros) i don't think he's right for us at the moment. for us to spend 19mill on someone we'd want someone who would come straight in and have a very good chance of doing it from the off and for all i think lukaku will turn out to be a top class strike, i think he'll take time to settle and learn. i believe the position we are in, daniel sturridge would be a better bet.

Guest Roger Kint

What's Nolito like? Never heard of him.

/shearer

Thought he was made up at first but wiki to the rescue.......Manuel Agudo Durán of Barca youth/b team fame

He looks a real talent.. would this be a loan deal ? cannot see why they would sell.

nolito ?......he's turned down his newly offered contract i think. probably doesn't see himself getting much opportunity over the next year or two.

He looks a real talent.. would this be a loan deal ? cannot see why they would sell.

nolito ?......he's turned down his newly offered contract i think. probably doesn't see himself getting much opportunity over the next year or two.

Aye.. thought he was younger than 25.. canny season so far for Barca B mind.

Guest Roger Kint

My lack of soberness most weekends usually means i dont see much of Barca other than CL games, whats he like? Pedro type player?

i didn't even know he was that old. hadn't even heard of him till this morning , i just repeated above what i'd read.  ;D

i didn't even know he was that old. hadn't even heard of him till this morning , i just repeated above what i'd read.  ;D

:lol:

12 & 8 assists these season for Baca B.. Spanish Ranger

:D

edit: seems he may be 24..a shorty at  5' 6"

Need a report from VI. I'm concerned that he's 24 and very few people know him. I know theres some late bloomers in football, but when unknowns show up at that age they're normally 'one season wonders' and it doesn't even sound like he's had that!

Guest Roger Kint

Think wiki said 5ft9 not that its ever too reliable........just watching a video of him looks a good dribbler/finisher if a bit too selfish.

Need a report from VI. I'm concerned that he's 24 and very few people know him. I know theres some late bloomers in football, but when unknowns show up at that age they're normally 'one season wonders' and it doesn't even sound like he's had that!

As I said in La Liga thread, he looks very good at that level but I'm not so sure he's good enough for a top half club in a top league. He certainly is a bit of a late bloomer though, we purchased him when he was 21 IIRC from a low division team.

As a player, he reminds me of Pedro when he was in our B team (he was younger than Nolito though), winger that drifts inside, very good energy,always making himself available for attacking play, even if his own technical skills are not all that.