NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest Chubby Jason

Bridge is one of the worst leftbacks in the league. Please no.

He's not like

He is. He's dreadful.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He wasn't actually that bad at West Ham, but he's still past it and do not want anywhere near.

He wasn't actually that bad at West Ham, but he's still past it and do not want anywhere near.

Really? Maybe it was just MOTD viewing but every time I saw them he was tripe. :lol:

Guest Chubby Jason

His debut for West Ham involved him attempting something like 6 passes and none of the were successful. He also gave away a penalty. He's an absolute shambles of a footballer.

Really? Maybe it was just MOTD viewing but every time I saw them he was tripe. :lol:

awful debut but seemed reasonably solid the rest of the time tbh

not that i'd be overly happy with him coming

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Had a fucking horrific start, like. But in general he was 'okayish'.

Guest pont-toon

He's not like

He was quality earlier in his career especially his last season at Southampton and his first at Chelsea. Too much coin and playing second fiddle to Ashley Cole has killed his desire. A wasted talent tbh. Spent goods

His debut for West Ham involved him attempting something like 6 passes and none of the were successful. He also gave away a penalty. He's an absolute shambles of a footballer.

'cos Jose has never had a shite game...

'cos Jose has never had a shite game...

:lol:

What an utterly bizarre retort.

Guest Roger Kint

Better than Neil Taylor.

For about 10 times the cost as back up you think so? Talyor wont be coming as first choice

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He's not like

He was quality earlier in his career especially his last season at Southampton and his first at Chelsea. Too much coin and playing second fiddle to Ashley Cole has killed his desire. A wasted talent tbh. Spent goods

Would have loved him here 2006 ish.

Remember watching Bridge play for England v Turkey at the SoL some years back. In the 1st half he gave the worst performace I've ever seen from an England international - but to be fair to him he totally turned it around for the second half. God knows Eriksson was a poor manager but he said the right thing that night.

'cos Jose has never had a s**** game...

:lol:

What an utterly bizarre retort.

The gist is that you can't judge a player on one game.  I thought you'd be sharp enough to have fathomed that to be honest

Just assuming for a second that there's truth in this (far from certain), what exactly would be the thinking behind it? I'm struggling to work it out.

He's not a long-term solution, has no resale value even if he was a runaway success and we wanted to buy him, is clearly not as good as Enrique, and probably doesn't want to sit on the bench all season when he could be playing elsewhere.

Literally the only thing I can think of is... he'd be cheap.

Guest Chubby Jason

Remember watching Bridge play for England v Turkey at the SoL some years back. In the 1st half he gave the worst performace I've ever seen from an England international - but to be fair to him he totally turned it around for the second half. God knows Eriksson was a poor manager but he said the right thing that night.

I remember him playing for England in that game against Croatia that sealed our failure to qualify for Euro 2008. Bridge was utterly terrible in that game. I'm aghast that's he's still considered a Premiership leftback, never mind apparently receiving 90k a week in wages.