NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I didn't mean it as a slight on Ba, I just remember lots saying that they were delighted with getting him as long as he wasn't our main signing up front. Looks like he will be.

Why does it look that way? Have I missed some form of "We're not signing any more strikers" announcement?

If Pardew believes our main striker is an as yet unsigned addition to the 'out-and-out goalscorer' he's expecting 15-25 goals from then I can only assume he also expects us to be going for the top four.

So you've managed to turn Pardew's efforts to instill confidence in Ba, into a negative by claiming it means we're not interested in signing another striker as our "main" striker.

Eh, where was this? I think it looks like Ba will be our main striker. So fucking what?

It's a fucking joke that anyone on here expressing an opinion let alone a concern is automatically accused of panicking, doom-mongering or being overly negative for the sake of it. Not only that but it's seemingly impossible to be optimistic about some things and less so about others. Midds and I just renewed our season ticket, why the hell would I do that if all I wanted to do was criticise the club and be down about everything? I can think of lots of other things I could spend £250 a year on.

Well said.

I haven't seen everyone who expresses a concern labelled a doom-monger, any more than everyone expressing positivity is labelled an Ashley apologist. Pointless having that meta-debate, just get on with discussing the point.

Didn't you just post a suicide smilie in response to somebody's post?

Yes, I'm not saying every post on the site is reasonable. I hope you don't think I automatically slate every negative post... certainly don't intend to do that.

I didn't mean it as a slight on Ba, I just remember lots saying that they were delighted with getting him as long as he wasn't our main signing up front. Looks like he will be.

Why does it look that way? Have I missed some form of "We're not signing any more strikers" announcement?

If Pardew believes our main striker is an as yet unsigned addition to the 'out-and-out goalscorer' he's expecting 15-25 goals from then I can only assume he also expects us to be going for the top four.

So you've managed to turn Pardew's efforts to instill confidence in Ba, into a negative by claiming it means we're not interested in signing another striker as our "main" striker.

Eh, where was this? I think it looks like Ba will be our main striker. So fucking what?

It's a fucking joke that anyone on here expressing an opinion let alone a concern is automatically accused of panicking, doom-mongering or being overly negative for the sake of it. Not only that but it's seemingly impossible to be optimistic about some things and less so about others. Midds and I just renewed our season ticket, why the hell would I do that if all I wanted to do was criticise the club and be down about everything? I can think of lots of other things I could spend £250 a year on.

Well said.

I haven't seen everyone who expresses a concern labelled a doom-monger, any more than everyone expressing positivity is labelled an Ashley apologist. Pointless having that meta-debate, just get on with discussing the point.

Yes, I'm not saying every post on the site is reasonable. I hope you don't think I automatically slate every negative post... certainly don't intend to do that.

Seemed reasonable enough to me. Depends on your definition of reasonable - some people on here will defend every single thing that Ashley and his henchmen do, even when it blatantly contradicts what they defended them for last week - the latest example being the Carroll money. The difference is that you'll have scorn poured on you like stupid smilies if you raise the issue.

It's not too long ago the same people were posting the same "you doom-mongers just want the team to lose" rubbish before we got relegated, at people who said we were going to get relegated.

It's incredibly tedious.

Well said.

Seemed reasonable enough to me. Depends on your definition of reasonable - some people on here will defend every single thing that Ashley and his henchmen do, even when it blatantly contradicts what they defended them for last week. The difference is that you'll have scorn poured on you like stupid smilies if you raise the issue.

It's not too long ago the same people were posting the same "you doom-mongers just want the team to lose" rubbish before we got relegated, at people who said we were going to get relegated.

It's incredibly tedious.

I don't get your point, you seem to be agreeing with me. My whole argument was that people shouldn't bother using broad strokes to label everyone this thing or that - they should just concentrate on arguing the point.

That's what I was doing with the suicide smilie. Fair enough it wasn't the most constructive response, but I wouldn't be the first person to use a smilie like that. I was replying to an individual post, not criticising the guy's whole point of view, for me that's fair comment.

Anyway, as I said this sort of stereotyping is a pointless exercise, just get on with the individual debate.

some people on here will defend every single thing that Ashley and his henchmen do, even when it blatantly contradicts what they defended them for last week

And vice-versa. wink wink.

Not vice versa at all.

Well, bit of a come down today - after all the exotic striker options and youtubing these past weeks!

If Long is to be the 2nd striker, I've got a hunch he'll do ok. One positive is it would be a great move for him and he'll bust a gut for us. And he'd be fairly amenable to being on the bench if we go with just one up front.

If we can possibly get Charlie in as well then I'd settle for that as the big signing, but if it turns out to be a much lesser, cheaper player instead, and that's the end of the spending, then you've got to feel Pardew is diminished in credibility - despite all the up beat talk.

Back to the Lucho Gonzalez link, Newcastle, Villa, Fenerbahce & Villarreal have contacted Marseille about him according to Le Parisien, but it's a three-way battle between Chelsea, Roma & Malaga.

http://www.foot01.com/foot-europeen/des-convoitises-mais-une-seule-offre-pour-lucho,73657

"Many clubs are interested at the moment: one Italian, two Spanish, one English and one Turkish. However, we have only received one concrete offer so far and this is from a Premier League club," said the representative of the player, without giving the precise identity of the club concerned.

Hi ppl 1st post, i think we need a centre back for definate, coz being newcastle injuries will happen so gotta be safe and then another 2 strikers up top. I believe ba will be great for us, not seen loads of him, but my best mate is a west ham fan and thought he was excellent in a poor side and it take quite alot for him to rate players.

Hi ppl 1st post, i think we need a centre back for definate, coz being newcastle injuries will happen so gotta be safe and then another 2 strikers up top. I believe ba will be great for us, not seen loads of him, but my best mate is a west ham fan and thought he was excellent in a poor side and it take quite alot for him to rate players.

tru dat

Well said.

Seemed reasonable enough to me. Depends on your definition of reasonable - some people on here will defend every single thing that Ashley and his henchmen do, even when it blatantly contradicts what they defended them for last week - the latest example being the Carroll money. The difference is that you'll have scorn poured on you like stupid smilies if you raise the issue.

It's incredibly tedious.

It pisses me off to the point of not bothering posting certain things anymore.

some people on here will defend every single thing that Ashley and his henchmen do, even when it blatantly contradicts what they defended them for last week

And vice-versa. wink wink.

Not vice versa at all.

You're telling me there aren't people on here who take any chance they get to take a swipe at the board?  Common man you know there are.

I think it was/is slightly obvious we'd not spend much during this summer. Buy young talent (age 25 and below) at a lowish price or free transfers with a prospective sell on value is how it is now unfortunately.

It's Good business Sense as long as long as it doesn't jeopardise the clubs security and it's used as a stepping stone to building the club and trying to return it to it's former glory.