NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I reckon we'll find the £6m to buy Keane and he'll sign in a couple of days.

With him and Ben Arfa, I genuinely believe we'll have a fantastic season and may just have enough to break into the top four.

[/trying to annoy dave]

to be honest if we get ben arfa, i don't see where keane would fit in. not disputing the quality he'd bring, but carroll and keane up front and a midfield of routledge, ben arfa, jonas and one out of barton/guthrie/tiote/smith/nolan/gosling is insane. and his wages  :kasper:

how good is boyata, then?

Jeez. you guys are forgetting something here.            MICHAEL ASHLEY.

He will not sanction any more permanent transfers this window and fantasy players like Keane on the wages he earns are just pie in the sky dreams. Same goes for the lkes of Boyata (not needed).

I am sure Ben Arfa will sign and maybe this guy from Hull on loan. Taylor will end up signing a new contract as well and that will be the end of business for this year.

Jeez. you guys are forgetting something here.            MICHAEL ASHLEY.

He will not sanction any more permanent transfers this window and fantasy players like Keane on the wages he earns are just pie in the sky dreams. Same goes for the lkes of Boyata (not needed).

I am sure Ben Arfa will sign and maybe this guy from Hull on loan. Taylor will end up signing a new contract as well and that will be the end of business for this year.

Which I will be very happy with actually. Perch, Campbell, Tiote, Ben Arfa, Carroll signing a new contract, Taylor signing  anew contract is a very good transfer window.

Dunno if this has been posted yet

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11741_6339483,00.html

Brighton boss Gus Poyet remains hopeful of bringing Newcastle's Kazenga LuaLua back to the south coast.

LuaLua, who enjoyed a successful temporary stint with the Seagulls last season, played for Newcastle in their Carling Cup win at Accrington on Wednesday night but is likely to find regular first-team football hard to come by at St James' Park.

Poyet wants to bolster his squad with up to four players ahead of the transfer deadline and has earmarked LuaLua as a top target.

"I hope we are going to get four players in by the end of the window," said the Uruguayan.

"I don't know how it's going, though, because it's not all in our hands. There are agents, the players and the clubs involved so we'll wait and see.

"Kazenga LuaLua is one of the options we are still working on, but we'll have to wait and see what the outcome is."

Guest sicko2ndbest

Dunno if this has been posted yet

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11741_6339483,00.html

Brighton boss Gus Poyet remains hopeful of bringing Newcastle's Kazenga LuaLua back to the south coast.

LuaLua, who enjoyed a successful temporary stint with the Seagulls last season, played for Newcastle in their Carling Cup win at Accrington on Wednesday night but is likely to find regular first-team football hard to come by at St James' Park.

Poyet wants to bolster his squad with up to four players ahead of the transfer deadline and has earmarked LuaLua as a top target.

"I hope we are going to get four players in by the end of the window," said the Uruguayan.

"I don't know how it's going, though, because it's not all in our hands. There are agents, the players and the clubs involved so we'll wait and see.

"Kazenga LuaLua is one of the options we are still working on, but we'll have to wait and see what the outcome is."

Won't touch the wage bill

Guest sicko2ndbest

Caulkin on the twitter:

"Hughton on Ben Arfa: "Discussions are ongoing & hopefully it's something that can be done." Robbie Keane? "Speculation." Utaka? "No." #NUFC "

Didnt say no to Keane!

Guest Roger Kint

Spurs will want £6m at least for Keane, poor signing if we even have that to spend for a 31 year old whos in decline. Fair enough take him on a seasons loan so we arent seen as a final payday. Would rather get Sturridge for a year(assuming Chelsea sign Neymar or whoever) as he would love the chance to show what he can do to improve his chances at Chelsea.

I'm still not wanting to get overly carried away. I'm sure this time two years ago Ashley was still beerguzzling with the fans in his Newcastle top at Arsenal, still pretty much flavour of the month, Keegan was happily in charge, we had Milner's replacement lined up and we'd had a good start...4 days is still plenty of time for things to go tits up here. :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Neymar's already said no to Chelsea and signed a new contract at Santos.

Was just readin this earlier: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/timvickery/2010/08/neymar_hailed_for_premier_leag.html Always like Tim Vickery's columns, one of the better sections of the beeb site.

I did say 'or whoever' like, personally from the little i seen Neymar would no doubt have went straight out on loan had Chelsea signed him as physically he doesnt suit the PL yet but has plenty of time to develop that. I like Vickery as well, always good value when on Talksport.

Spurs will want £6m at least for Keane, poor signing if we even have that to spend for a 31 year old whos in decline. Fair enough take him on a seasons loan so we arent seen as a final payday. Would rather get Sturridge for a year(assuming Chelsea sign Neymar or whoever) as he would love the chance to show what he can do to improve his chances at Chelsea.

Yeah, all signs suggest we would never spend that much on a player of his age. I wouldn't worry.

I'm still not wanting to get overly carried away. I'm sure this time two years ago Ashley was still beerguzzling with the fans in his Newcastle top at Arsenal, still pretty much flavour of the month, Keegan was happily in charge, we had Milner's replacement lined up and we'd had a good start...4 days is still plenty of time for things to go tits up here. :lol:

Just think about it if Hughton and Calderwood both resigned and we're left with Paul Barron in charge.  :lol:

The only answer would be Kinnear...

Or maybe it was just a monumental cock-up, naitivity & lack of experience in football two years ago and they've learned from it.

I'm beginning to tentatively believe that this might be possible. Obviously they'll always have the potential to make massive errors, but you can't deny they've done well over the last few months.