NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Keane is easily better than any of our strikers, madness not to take him.  Still only 30 aswell.

So you'd do a staright swap with spurs Carroll and Keane?

Obviously not as Carroll is still only 21 and will keep getting better, but at this moment in time Robbie Keane is a better Premier League striker.

Pardon my ignorance, if we sign HBA on loan - can we still sign Boyata & Keane?

Oh and does Boyata speak french? (not that anyone will know this, but could help with HBA)

Hughton said before the Tiote deal there might be 2-3 more signings, so I would guess that leaves a striker and defender to come in. If Ben Arfa comes then there will be a defender to follow. All these names like Santa Cruz, Caceida, Miller and Keane are just speculation....we're not going to sign them all are we?

Pardon my ignorance, if we sign HBA on loan - can we still sign Boyata & Keane?

Oh and does Boyata speak french? (not that anyone will know this, but could help with HBA)

Hughton said before the Tiote deal there might be 2-3 more signings, so I would guess that leaves a striker and defender to come in. If Ben Arfa comes then there will be a defender to follow. All these names like Santa Cruz, Caceida, Miller and Keane are just speculation....we're not going to sign them all are we?

I don't believe Caceido really offers anything more than what we have. Rather give Ranger a crack tbh.

If we are bringing in another striker they either have to be significantly better than what we have or be able to effectively cover another position ie Right Wing.

Keane would actually be great addition to our squad, not that he would start every game but he's so much better than Shola, Loven and Best. And if Carroll get's injured and we have to put Shola up front, we're fucked.

Keane, Arfa, and Tiote and the 12th place is ours..

Keane would actually be great addition to our squad, not that he would start every game but he's so much better than Shola, Loven and Best. And if Carroll get's injured and we have to put Shola up front, we're f***ed.

Keane, Arfa, and Tiote and the 12th place is ours..

Or as I say bottom half of the table runners up. But then I dressed relegation up as qualfication to the Coca-Cola Championship.

Guest WashyGeordie

If we sign Keane, i wonder if he'll come out and say he supported us as a kid aswell, considering he's already said it about Liverpool & Celtic.

According to that we are going to sign Keane and HBA. If that's true Hughton must have balls the size of coconuts.

What would he do? :lol:

RM - Jonas

LM - Ben Arfa

CM - Barton

CM - Tiote

CF - Carroll

CF - Keane

Feck knows. Plenty of options though with the likes of Routledge, Guthrie, Nolan, Lovenkrands, Vuckic, Xisco, etc.

Unless Spurs have got someone fantastical lined up, I can't belive they'd loan us Keane. Who'd pay his wages for a start?

He's better (and different) to what we've got though obviously.

I've just remembered from that Peep Show ep when he arrests the burglar who finds "The Megatron" when Mark says:

(I've got balls like baked potatoes!)

"What's this?"

(Urgh! My balls, they're shrinking!)

Guest sicko2ndbest

WARNING: Not ITK, just an inkling i have!

I think we are in for Robbie Keane which is why a forward hasnt been bought yet. I think tonights game (Spurs v Young Boys) is vital for both our clubs. Should Spurs win, i think they will get Fabiano as they will have funds/prestige, leaving Keane surplus.

I can see Hughton bringing him in. A player with a good attitude, plenty of experience, seems a top bloke and most of all a player he will know very well with his Irish/Spurs connections

Watch this space

PS It could be Keane instead of Arfa which is why we are holding back!

Can't understand the Boyata deal, he only plays CB right?

If Man City want to loan him out they are more likely to send him somewhere he will get a game. I guess it might allow us to send Kadar out on loan, but we have naff all cover at right back.

Makes more sense to go for Lescott if he is available.