NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I think we need to be wary of making too many changes too quickly as well. The continuity and team spirit we have is our biggest asset, Hughton should realise that he needs to introduce new players gradually and without damaging what we have.

The advantage we have over most promoted teams is the amount of Premier League players we already have. We need to add to them with the right amount of new talent, while keeping the basic team together IMO. 

I think we need to be wary of making too many changes too quickly as well. The continuity and team spirit we have is our biggest asset, Hughton should realise that he needs to introduce new players gradually and without damaging what we have.

The advantage we have over most promoted teams is the amount of Premier League players we already have. We need to add to them with the right amount of new talent, while keeping the basic team together IMO. 

That's my opinion as well.  :thup:

Assuming Ben Arfa signs, if someone had told me at the start of the transfer window that we'd sign him, Sol Campbell, Dan Gosling and a quality defensive midfielder i'd have laughed my tits off.

Full credit to Hughton and (dare I say it) Ashley and Llambias as well.

Watching the pre-match press conference on .cock, and there's definitely something in the Keane rumours IMO. My source: Hughton's grin when the reporter asks about him  :snod:

Gotta love Hughton like  :aww:

Say Smith and Nolan get replaced in the starting XI for Tiote and Ben Arfa, who would be best suited to captain the side?

Say Smith and Nolan get replaced in the starting XI for Tiote and Ben Arfa, who would be best suited to captain the side?

Ben arfa in, Routledge out, Tiote in, Smith out.  Nolan captain.

Perch Colo Willi Jose

Barton  Tiote

Ben Arfa Nolan Gutti

Caroll

Perch Colo Willi Jose

Barton   Tiote

Ben Arfa Nolan Gutti

Caroll

Routledge > Jonas. I think (and hope) Hughton thinks that way, too.

Ben Arfa will more likely replace Jonas imo. Can't see Hughton dropping Nolan now he's captain.

However, if he does, Sol Campbell would surely be the best choice for captain?

I don't think there's a chance of Hughton breaking up the Enrique/Jonas partnership.

He's much more likely to play attacking midfield / striker imo.

I'm just amazed we can even have these discussion now (well, shortly). We actually have a squad!

Perch Colo Willi Jose

Barton   Tiote

Ben Arfa Nolan Gutti

Caroll

Jonas, works harder and tracks back better.  Routledge is a bit of a luxury, not sure if he can step up to this level though.  We would be too lightweight.

Best post ever tbh.

Perch Colo Willi Jose

Barton   Tiote

Ben Arfa Nolan Gutti

Caroll

Jonas, works harder and tracks back better.  Routledge is a bit of a luxury, not sure if he can step up to this level though.  We would be too lightweight.

Routledge was one of our best players against Man Utd and Villa (offensively) imo.

I tell you what, if Keane signs, its a hard choice to pick a team. 

Tiote Barton

?                  Jonas

Ben arfa      Keane

Carroll

Let Ben arfa and keane loose but who plays at ?  Routledge too manic, Nolan too slow, Smith too s***.  Where is Gosling best?

Could do with a Kyut type player or a Right sided Jonas really.

Edit - Haha, even harder when you have to stick to 11 players.  :dowie:

Perch Colo Willi Jose

Barton   Tiote

Ben Arfa Nolan Gutti

Caroll

Agree, I highly doubt Ben Arfa will be much better at tracking back but hopefully Tiote's energy can be a bit of a boost when defending. That is the formation I would go for if Nolan is to stay in the team.

I am pretty sure Hughton will wait until we have a bad result before introducing any new players into the team. Win win situation because it will keep those who are wearing the shirts fully motivated knowing we've got a bunch of talented signings just waiting for their chance.