NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

This is why the get rid and make do mantra the club used in January happened.

It makes easier the promise of continuous improvement for next season at the very least.

That one threw me for a moment, I'm more used to your sense of humour than experiencing that depth of cynicism.

You might be right. Difficult to argue against the fact that any incomings make for an improvement on the current squad.

I prefer to use my eyes rather than judge on what he did elsewhere. The player I watched last year would comfortably be good enough for the top flight.

Psychologically, there seems to be a problem. Ability wise, no way. Not seen anybody give Jose the runaround as much in four years. Deciding he's not good enough without making efforts to get him to use his clear assets is a cop out imo.

:thup:

Championship or not, he's been absolute class at QPR. If he can just get over that stumbling block, he can be an asset to us in the PL.

I remember him being the best player on the pitch against Chelsea too. And that was up against arguably one of the best left backs there is.

nothing personal mate but thats still one of my most hated myths, he was just slightly above average in that game imo

Guest Heneage

I'd agree with Venkman. If anything he was quite infuriating as he burst past Cole once then proceeded to not do it again for the entire game.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Had a decent game that day, seemed to be uncomfortable taking on his man in general though.

Christ, my dad's been going through some old boxes and came across an old The Pink. This one was the one from the day of Keegan's first match. Inside it John Gibson's talking about players Ardiles made loan bids for before his sacking, and they were Andy Linighan, David O'Leary and Brian Laws. :lol:

Guest BooBoo

I had great hopes for Routledge this year but he was poor prior to Christmas. People who wish to bash Pardew with his loan try and point to games at Wolves and Everton where he was supposedly very good. Fact is, both games he was decent but nothing special. I don't think there was a single game in the first half of the season where he deserved more than a 7/10 and even that was only on a couple of occasions.

I had great hopes for Routledge this year but he was poor prior to Christmas. People who wish to bash Pardew with his loan try and point to games at Wolves and Everton where he was supposedly very good. Fact is, both games he was decent but nothing special. I don't think there was a single game in the first half of the season where he deserved more than a 7/10 and even that was only on a couple of occasions.

Would he have been a better option on the right compared to Simpson, Lovenkrands or Ryan Taylor?  ???

No-one is disputing he's limited/not PL class but I refuse to believe he'd have been worse than those 3 who've all had a go there since Routledge left. 

Nah, man. Against Chelsea and Wolves he was our best player by a distance. Easily deserved an '8' in both games.

Guest BooBoo

Maybe I'm a harsh marker Ronald.

It's nowt personal against the lad, he was excellent in the Champo but looked terribly short of confidence at this level.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Started the season well. Good outlet against Man United, did well at Villa and Wolves- very much unproductive after that. Had the odd decent game (City at home, Chelsea at home) but all in all, disappointing.

I´d much rather have Barton in the midfield and Routhledge on the wing instead of using Guthrie. Stupid sending him out on loan when we have one winger in the whole squad and frequent injuries/bans to our key players.

Guest BooBoo

Except Barton's showed he's vastly superior when played out wide. His performances for us through the middle have been hugely underwhelming.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He was poor at Man Utd. He played as if he was in frightened awe of Evra.

As a team we were incredibly nervous to move anywhere up field, but I thought Routledge carried the ball fairly well in that game.

I've only realised since he returned from injury last season just how physically weak he is in spite of his aggression. Bigger and similar sized CMs knock him all over the shop. Probably the main reason he's better suited to RM.

Guest bimpy474

Barton also gets caught on the ball far too much when played in the middle, most definitely better when played wide on the right, he doesn't have play like a winger, just play like he has, which is effective, creative and with common sense  :thup: