NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest toonmental

Anybody see this @CaulkinTheTimes Jeremy Menez... or maybe that's just transfer chatter...

From Gabriele Marcotti

2 strikers

Versatile wide man

Central midfielder who can pass and keep the ball

and maybe a young promising CB

Would be what I'd be after if I was Pards.

I'd also like to see one. But would a young athletic DM backup for Tiote not be more important? (especially considering the ACN)

2 strikers

Versatile wide man

Central midfielder who can pass and keep the ball

and maybe a young promising CB

Would be what I'd be after if I was Pards.

I'd also like to see one. But would a young athletic DM backup for Tiote not be more important? (especially considering the ACN)

Possibly. Maybe somebody who's a bit of an allrounder. We're looking in France and they produce them by the bucketload.

Anybody see this @CaulkinTheTimes Jeremy Menez... or maybe that's just transfer chatter...

From Gabriele Marcotti

What was said? Only his name? On his day he is absolutely brilliant, one of the most talented european players around, he's very up and down though and often turns into mr invisible. Probably needs a lot of love and an arm around him like Barfa.

Looking forward to the Summer, love hearing when we're linked with random foreign players, and then doing a bit of Dennis Wise scouting on them. The boring part between the end of season and the start of July where no real trasfer activity occurs can drag, but hopefully we'll sign some players early on in July to avoid the scramble at the end.

Lee Ryder says

He spoke of bringing "two or three players who will excite the Newcastle public" and how a "couple of strikes and a wide man" would be his priority this summer.

oh and that Pardew provided a buffet for the press!

He's lovely.

Marquee striker: Rondon/Gameiro/El-Arabi/Sow

Other cheap striker: Danny Graham/Shane Long/Kevin Doyle

Versatile wide player: N'Zogbia/Dzsudzsak/Piatti/Jarvis

Ball playing midfielder: Lucas Biglia/Marvin Martin

Any one from each of these categories would have us going into next season much stronger, solving all of our problems in the forward area. Could probably get that lot for around £20-25 million, net spend a little bit lower if Routledge and a couple of others are sold.

I'd personally like a big commanding CB too but I don't honestly think we'll be looking at the defence.

Not sure we'll go for Larsson anymore. Think we were after him in January because he'd be cheap, now we should have a little bit more to spend on a wide player. Don't think Larsson fulfills the 'player to get fans off their feet' description Pardew gives either.

He'll probably go to the mackems.

Guest MrSundlofer

Aye I'm interested to see where Gosling fits in.

I'm sure Gosling said he see himself as a central midfielder (defensive or attacking) and does not prefer to play right back.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Aye. Right back, wide right (left at a push), central midfield, cover for Tiote.