NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

4 players should be 7.

I could accept 4 if they are of the highest quality but knowing Ashley and Derek i'd be surprised.

Show me a club which brings in 7 players in one summer and I'll show you one managed by Steve Bruce.

Blackpool??

Jul 2008 Jonas Gutierrez MID RCD Mallorca fee tbc

Jul 2008 Danny Guthrie MID Liverpool £2.5m

Jul 2008 Sebastien Bassong DEF Metz £tbc

Aug 2008 Fabricio Coloccini DEF Deportivo la Coruna £9.1m

Aug 2008 Nile Ranger FWD Unattached 2 year deal tbc

Sep 2008 Francisco Jiminez Tejada "Xisco" FWD Deportivo la Coruna £5.7m rising to £7m

Sep 2008 Ignacio "Nacho" Gonzalez FWD Valencia Season long loan

:pow:

Didn't Pardew say he was happy with the size of the squad?

He should definitely be aiming for quality over quantity as we've got to basis of a good squad that are 2 or 3 first teamers away from being one of the favourites for 7th IMO.

Jul 2008 Jonas Gutierrez MID RCD Mallorca fee tbc

Jul 2008 Danny Guthrie MID Liverpool £2.5m

Jul 2008 Sebastien Bassong DEF Metz £tbc

Aug 2008 Fabricio Coloccini DEF Deportivo la Coruna £9.1m

Aug 2008 Nile Ranger FWD Unattached 2 year deal tbc

Sep 2008 Francisco Jiminez Tejada "Xisco" FWD Deportivo la Coruna £5.7m rising to £7m

Sep 2008 Ignacio "Nacho" Gonzalez FWD Valencia Season long loan

:pow:

surely september is the autumn  :iamatwat:

If i were a gambling man i'd have money on us signing, or at least gtrying to sign Carlton Cole. Even if we were planning to spend the whole £35mil on one player we're limited by the wages we'll pay. I can't think of a prolific striker on less that £40k to £50, and i just can't see us paying that, so we won't be getting one.

If i were a gambling man i'd have money on us signing, or at least gtrying to sign Carlton Cole. Even if we were planning to spend the whole £35mil on one player we're limited by the wages we'll pay. I can't think of a prolific striker on less that £40k to £50, and i just can't see us paying that, so we won't be getting one.

I'd hope you're proved wrong but I have to agree.

Guest bimpy474

Peter Odemwingie just over a million and he wont be on 50 grand at W.B.A.

Javier Hernandez was 7m or so and he wont be on 50 grand either seeing as Man Utd are talking about doubling his wages as he's done so well.

Marouane Chamakh on a free, i know he hasn't been brilliant but is a good player who maybe be better for a season in our league, Arsenal dont pay mental wages either.

Decent scouting along the Odemwingie, Hernandez route means you can pick a good striker for a decent fee and they dont have to be some superstar name or ego, got be lucky to spot them but thats we pay international scouts (Carr) for ;)

Can't see us going in for Cole at all. Doesn't seem to fit any of our previous dealings.

I can see it, (though not at the 7m linked in the papers, on what planet are they living on if they think he's worth that)

Can't see us going in for Cole at all. Doesn't seem to fit any of our previous dealings.

I can see it, (though not at the 7m linked in the papers, on what planet are they living on if they think he's worth that)

27 years old, English with caps. Can easily see how they rate him at that even if he is pretty shit.

Javier Hernandez was 7m or so and he wont be on 50 grand either seeing as Man Utd are talking about doubling his wages as he's done so well.

Marouane Chamakh on a free, i know he hasn't been brilliant but is a good player who maybe be better for a season in our league, Arsenal dont pay mental wages either.

Decent scouting along the Odemwingie, Hernandez route means you can pick a good striker for a decent fee and they dont have to be some superstar name or ego, got be lucky to spot them but thats we pay international scouts (Carr) for ;)

That's sort of my point. We'd be hoping to find the next Hernandez. And in terms of "established" strikers then Carlton Cole is about the best we can expect.

Guest bimpy474

That's sort of my point. We'd be hoping to find the next Hernandez.And in terms of "established" strikers thenCarlton Cole is about the best we can expect.

After watching Reading i'd rather have Long, but i know what you mean when you say "established", its silly money for english based strikers though.

Guest bimpy474

Even the West Ham fans think Carlton Cole is s****, would be absolutely gutted if he was brought in as out main striker. Would rather keep the 7 million and play Best.

:snod:

Is every newspaper rumour going to get this much analysis on here over the summer? I highly doubt NUFC are interested in Cole. The Daily Mirror has a 16.9% transfer story accuracy for Newcastle United according to: -

http://www.footballtransferleague.co.uk/newspaper.aspx?paper=Daily+Mirror

296 stories where 50 turned out to be right (it doesn't say how long back in time those 296 stories go).

Guest bimpy474

Is every newspaper rumour going to get this much analysis on here over the summer? I highly doubt NUFC are interested in Cole. The Daily Mirror has a 16.9% transfer story accuracy for Newcastle United according to: -

http://www.footballtransferleague.co.uk/newspaper.aspx?paper=Daily+Mirror

296 stories where 50 turned out to be right (it doesn't say how long back in time those 296 stories go).

4 days i reckon :)

Guest Flatline

Id take chamakh in a heartbeat. No doubt he would be giving us 13-14 goals a season at least.

4 players should be 7.

I could accept 4 if they are of the highest quality but knowing Ashley and Derek i'd be surprised.

Show me a club which brings in 7 players in one summer and I'll show you one managed by Steve Bruce.

:lol: