NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

£10.5m for Erding yet £10m for Sturridge is too much ???

£20 million for Sturridge is about too much for my liking. £15-18 million tops for me.

You'd worry over £2 million, even if it made the difference?

Was about to say, I'd sooner just pay the £20m than lose out over £2-3m.

Having just finished our first season back in the Premiership, I'm just weary whether we are "ready" to bid for a player with such a high amount.

If we had finished 9th and thus received more money, then I'd be a little more at ease with bidding £20 million+.

wouldnt pay more than 12-13m for sturridge.

it'd be better not to pay it all up front, i reckon an offer in that region with some heavy performance/appearance incentives would be the way to go for us

which is why it won't happen anyway, i mean have we even been linked to him?

Really can't understand people wanting Hargreaves. Talk about not learning from past mistakes. It's not like he won't be paid when he's injured,even if we manage to get him on a pay-as-you play deal. Old, injury prone, and would probably demand quite a hefty wage. Huge no.

man remember that one world cup where hargreaves basically was the england team?  might even have been some euros or other, fucked if i can remember, down to 10 men and he was basically in every position doing everything

such a shame for the lad, genuine world class midfielder imo

man remember that one world cup where hargreaves basically was the england team?  might even have been some euros or other, f***ed if i can remember, down to 10 men and he was basically in every position doing everything

It was the World Cup in 2006, he was brilliant back then. Yeah, it's a shame how his career has turned out.

man remember that one world cup where hargreaves basically was the england team?  might even have been some euros or other, f***ed if i can remember, down to 10 men and he was basically in every position doing everything

World Cup 2006, England's best player by a country mile. Superb. Was getting stick from the press and England fans for being picked beforehand as well.

it'd be better not to pay it all up front, i reckon an offer in that region with some heavy performance/appearance incentives would be the way to go for us

nope. don't know why he gets mentioned so many times.  :dowie:

nope. don't know why he gets mentioned so many times.  :dowie:

Young, English. And everyone wonders why they are so expensive...

Really can't understand people wanting Hargreaves. Talk about not learning from past mistakes. It's not like he won't be paid when he's injured,even if we manage to get him on a pay-as-you play deal. Old, injury prone, and would probably demand quite a hefty wage. Huge no.

Whats the meaning of  pay as you play in your head?

Whats the meaning of  pay as you play in your head?

:lol: Every player would demand a basic salary. A significant amount would though be, as the deal says, payed if he plays.

Ben Arfa can line up at RW as well, though. And Jonas as well. And Marveaux.

Having this kind of flexiblity is great because the players can switch wings during a match. There's no reason to sell Jonas just because he won't be starting. He'll be the first winger to be subbed on, even if we get Barnetta/N'Zogbia, and he'll start if we don't get one of them.