NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Just read about the ITK stuff - not surprised if it turns out to be true. The Carroll cash was never gonna all be spent on transfers - it's more likely being used to support the infrastructure of the club. If this is the way the club is going to be ran over the next few years, then it's going to end up making someone a lot of money, even if we only break even next year. Years after that will be running at more and more profit being made.

I would take Bridge if Enrique leaves, but only on loan and if some of his wages are covered by Citeh. Then again, he's struck me as a player in recent years who is content to rake in the wages with giving little back in return.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Bridge was a quality player three or four years ago. No way would I have him now.

Not sure how the club investing money in the club is a bad thing BG?

Not sure how making the club profitable is a bad thing either?

Profit is only any good if it is reinvested in the side inorder to make it better. If that doesn't happen then it leaves two possiblities - that we will be being fattened up for a sale (in the medium-long term) or the owner wants to start clawing back what is owed to him in terms of the loans. NUFC has pretty much always been ran for profit for those that run the club, at the expense of the side. However it's true that Mike Ashley is probably the first owner that put his own cash into the club, but that is because he had to because of his own stupidity.

If the intent is to tread water in the PL, whilst being ran for profit - where is the ambition that will attract quality players? This is what happened in the 60's, 70's, and 80's and we all know what happened there eventually.

Very assumptive that we intend to tread water in the EPL.  In fact everything that has happened this summer suggests otherwise.  Fact that we're investing the Carroll profit into the club should also ease your woes.

Stop working off emotions and negativity and start looking at everything more objectively.

Enough of the Carroll cash should be available to bring back N'Zogbia and bring in another quality front man. Or is that too much to ask for? Aye, the window has been OK thus far but in real terms - nothing has been spent yet.

Wayne Bridge would be in the bottom 5% of players who played regularly in the Premiership last season that I'd want us to buy. Absolute carcrash of a defender and isn't anywhere near as good as he used to be going forward either. Saying that Man city will probably just give him away to get him off the wagebill

Enough of the Carroll cash should be available to bring back N'Zogbia and bring in another quality front man. Or is that too much to ask for? Aye, the window has been OK thus far but in real terms - nothing has been spent yet.

Still 2 months to go.  I agree that we should invest more in the squad and I'm confident that given the right opportunities we will do so.  Would rather us avoid splashing out for the sake of it though, especially if there isn't any value to be found.

Not sure splashing out on N'Zogbia is frugal considering his contractual situation?  Would have no problems if we let it drag on and snatched him on the last day.  Would also have no problems if we miss out because another club were to spend £10m on him - just silly.

Still 2 months to go.  I agree that we should invest more in the squad and I'm confident that given the right opportunities we will do so.  Would rather us avoid splashing out for the sake of it though, especially if there isn't any value to be found.

Not sure splashing out on N'Zogbia is frugal considering his contractual situation?  Would have no problems if we let it drag on and snatched him on the last day.  Would also have no problems if we miss out because another club were to spend £10m on him - just silly.

thats all fine but the 'right opportunities' for us now are getting players for less than they're worth and bollocks to everything else.

dont think anyone's advocating 'splashing out for the sake of it'. spending what is reasonable for a club of our revenue, for the sake of competing for a position relative to our revenue would be fine by me.

Bridge did alright at Wham bar the first couple of games, not really a position you can stop a relegation from.

Still, not the kind of player we are going for, if we could get him on a free and he'd cut his wages in half he'd be a decent signing.

Bridge did alright at Wham bar the first couple of games, not really a position you can stop a relegation from.

Still, not the kind of player we are going for, if we could get him on a free and he'd cut his wages in half he'd be a decent signing.

Especially if we sign Taylor, so we have a few young guns just about ready to take his place.

Guest TheSummerOf69

Bridge has been horrific. Old and on high wages as well. He's not coming, fortunately.

No, but I bet his agent will try and stir up interest by linking him (as we still have a reputation as a lucrative rest home with Sol here last year).

As for Zogs... it would be nice to use the huge money from our best prospect to get one player in this year that we have identified as a definite Premiership performer, and not just rely on the bargain bin all the time.

Wayne Bridge would not be a decent signing in any scenario, man. :lol:

You seem to advocate signing even the most shitty players so long as they have either British or Irish passport.