NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I can't decide whether I believe that about 27 being too old to consider. I mean how ludicrous.

Then again, he turns 28 in March. Nearly dead tbh.

It sounds ludicrous from a football point of view, but Ashley and Llambias aren't football people. All they will look at is there's no chance of getting the £6-7m back if they spend it on Samba. I imagine they would much rather take a punt on a £3m defender aged around 23 then rub their hands in glee if his value rises and they can sell him for £10m.

Confident-sounding link in the Times - we've been offered the chance to sign Marco Andreolli, CB from Chievo, ex-Italian U21 international. Supposedly can cover at full back as well.

Any opinions?

Great potential, never really fulfilled.

Interesting. Would he have what it takes to play in the PL/can he fulfill his talent here?

AP 'won't be saying much to media in the window about the window. Keeping cards close to our chest'

'it will be very difficult for a club to agree a price with our board about anybody our players'

just tek the phones off the hook, divn't check your emails..... jobs a good'n

Guest Heneage

Ryder and Starforth tweeting within minutes of each other that they've been 'reliably informed' the Carroll loan stuff is nonsense. Thanks for clarifying Alan/Derek.

Been reliably informed, bears do shit in woods.

The gnashing of teeth at a few meaningless rumours already, means the end of January looks like being excruciating once again.

Unfortunately many journalists and especially Sky Sports TV seem to depend on Newcastle drama queens to perpetuate their smoke and mirror reporting.

My greatest wish this January (apart from not selling any key players) is that we can resist playing straight into their hands once again.

MetroRadioNews Metro Radio News

AP on transfers:"You won't be hearing much in terms of concrete info from me until i feel someone's nearly done" More in the sport @ 5 #nufc

AP on transfers:"You won't be hearing much in terms of concrete info from me until i feel someone's nearly done" More in the sport @ 5 #nufc

So we will hear nothing

good, what difference does it make whether we hear about transfers or not.  not like we can influence who we sign.

the press are still going to peddle their usual bullcrap this time of year so there will be plenty for those to read about.

So we will hear nothing

good, what difference does it make whether we hear about transfers or not.  not like we can influence who we sign.

the press are still going to peddle their usual bullcrap this time of year so there will be plenty for those to read about.

The point I was making is that we won't sign anyone

So we will hear nothing

The point I was making is that we won't sign anyone

that wont surprise any of us.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2012/01/03/2828673/newcastles-davide-santon-suggests-manchester-citys-mario

Santon also took time out to praise the form of Newcastle’s in-form forward Demba Ba, and is hoping he snubs interest from other clubs to stay with the Magpies.

"He's doing very well and I know there are many clubs interested in him," he continued. "We hope he stays with us for a long time."

:pilko:

Ryder and Starforth tweeting within minutes of each other that they've been 'reliably informed' the Carroll loan stuff is nonsense. Thanks for clarifying Alan/Derek.

The loan rumour was saying that Carroll was open to a loan back to Newcastle so it would appear to have originated from the Liverpool end so obviously NUFC would rubbish it.  Unfortunately for Carroll, as much as he may want to return home, he has no influence on such a decision.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2012/01/03/2828673/newcastles-davide-santon-suggests-manchester-citys-mario

Santon also took time out to praise the form of Newcastle’s in-form forward Demba Ba, and is hoping he snubs interest from other clubs to stay with the Magpies.

"He's doing very well and I know there are many clubs interested in him," he continued. "We hope he stays with us for a long time."

:pilko:

I cannot understand these Ba rumours.  Unless he has something written into his contract that he can leave on a free (as he did with West Ham), then why would other clubs be willing to pay a fee because you have the same problems that Stoke had when he failed the medical with them.

Another thing I don't get, is the rush in the media to try and move players 6 months after joining a new club.  Surely, you need to judge a player over at least a season because quite often, a new player on the scene will have a great first 6 months but after than other clubs have worked out how to play against them and they are less effective for the rest of the season.