NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest VaVaVoom

4mil is fine. Young and English and looks to be a good prospect.

If we get him in i CAN see us going for a striker like. I reckon the claim we are not going out for one could just be smoke and mirrors.

Match West Hams bid for Jordan Rhodes.

Two young english lads as back up.

If we get him in i CAN see us going for a striker like. I reckon the claim we are not going out for one could just be smoke and mirrors.

Rhodes has chosen Scotland (pedant) and not entirely sold on him, prefer Maynard as a player and a striker, he's got natural pace, Rhodes doesn't.

Guest VaVaVoom

Rhodes has chosen Scotland (pedant) and not entirely sold on him, prefer Maynard as a player and a striker, he's got natural pace, Rhodes doesn't.

Rhodes hasnt agreed anything yet has he?

If we are going to buy a striker i think i want someone who compliments Ba perfectly and i dont want it rushed just because we are a bit low on numbers......

Leave that to the summer if you cant find the perfect man for the job.

New quotes, but nothing new as such, I guess.

Anyway - Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa:

"I am flattered by the interest from the French champions, but there is no agreement between the clubs, so I am still here with Montpellier," he told Sky Sports.

"Newcastle are interested? Well it means my performances have crossed the country.

"My dream league has always been the Premier League, so you never know.

"But for me if Montpellier have to agree a fee with a team, then who knows? But I would love to play one day in England."

-----------------Ba

Jonas--------Ben Arfa--------Hoilett

---Tiote-------------Cabaye

:pedro:

Prefer this tbh.  :frantic:

Me too looks an awesome line up and just what we need.  Massively creative, a goal threat and quick (and can pick a pass unlike Obertan). But he's not in the bargain basement section in my opinion. Even though he's right at the end of his contract there will be a few decent offers coming in for a player of his quality. Love to be proved wrong but just can't see us shelling out the necessary money for him. Blackburn would have to replace him you would think to which isn't going to be easy. No point letting him go on the cheap and not replacing him as relegation would be a near certainty then.