NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I wouldn't know tbh, never seen him play. It's just that we're saying we can't afford to take the risk on anyone that we've not studied closely, and here's a player that we apparently chased for ages that is seemingly going to be available. Unless they're not being honest with that reasoning and there's simply no money available for more than one player.

I just don't like his attitude, would rather sit on the bench than play football, Turkish Owen, he can go fuk himself IMO.

:lol: you must hate a fair portion of our squad then.

1 goal and 2 assists in 141 mins is pretty good if you ask me :razz:

---

What's been the craic with Guilherme Hoarau this season, injured? Just saw his stats and he's barely featured.

If the board had any sense we should have a CB in before we play QPR on the 15th.

To play in place of Williamson, or just in case we get another injury? If it's the former, I can't see what major difference it'll make to us.

Did Bryan Ruiz ever comment on the interest we had in him on the last deadline day or was it all through Douglas, Ryder etc?

Did Bryan Ruiz ever comment on the interest we had in him on the last deadline day or was it all through Douglas, Ryder etc?

aye he said he only saw it on the telly. twente chairman said we never made contact, Jol said we weren't involved. was never any actual bid tbh. makes you wonder what David Craig was on about. think the club was just having a laugh at the fans really.

Ruiz and Ben Arfa either side of Ba is the kind of thing we should be looking at though. Cabaye and Tiote with another, probably more attacking, midfielder behind them.

get a bloody left back in for heaven sake.  williamson is class,  in fact i rate him more than saylor.

yes obviously we are abit short on CB cover,.  but we really should prioritize on a left back who can also play centreback,  kill two birds with one stone.

ideally we should sign one of each.  but the tight one wont allow obviously.

santon and simpson is should be our rightbacks in our squad.

leftback we got no one,  and no, raylor is not a leftback. 

Williamson better than Saylor? No chance, imo.

first dozen of games this season has been saylors best ever, he aint ever reached those heights before that, and he's been here along time.

willo has been class for us for two seasons, he's way more consistant than saylor.

aye he said he only saw it on the telly. twente chairman said we never made contact, Jol said we weren't involved. was never any actual bid tbh. makes you wonder what David Craig was on about. think the club was just having a laugh at the fans really.

Ruiz and Ben Arfa either side of Ba is the kind of thing we should be looking at though. Cabaye and Tiote with another, probably more attacking, midfielder behind them.

Yup. The model is Arsenal; have a mobile, good frontman then surround him with quick, technical players in the two winger positions and have a three man midfield where you have a QB, a DM and an attacking midfielder combining. We're really only one or two players away from being able to play with that formation. Ba, Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Tiote are 4/6 of the way there.

If the board had any sense we should have a CB in before we play QPR on the 15th.

I don't mind when we get a CB as long as it's this month. I'm more than happy to have Williamson and Coloccini as the first choice CB pairing from now until the end of the season. By saying this though, I guess I'm wanting a CB who will primarily act as cover....

Yup. The model is Arsenal; have a mobile, good frontman then surround him with quick, technical players in the two winger positions and have a three man midfield where you have a QB, a DM and an attacking midfielder combining. We're really only one or two players away from being able to play with that formation. Ba, Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Tiote are 4/6 of the way there.

whats a QB?

:thup: however you do need full-backs who can cope by themselves. Simpson and Raylor would get raped in that kind of side.

Don't understand why we don't get a striker on loan until end of season tbh, must be someone available. If we only sign a centre half then I can see us finishing around 12th, A right back and a striker and we will get top 8