NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

After the 15-page Prior thread, the news that the club are bringing this guy in on trial (with view to a permanent transfer) deserves it's own inquest and damning verdict on how the club are desperately trying to replace Carroll on the cheap.

Dutch newspapers meanwhile confirm that Newcastle have attempted to bring teenage forward Jordan Botaka to Tyneside on trial from Belgian side Club Brugge.

The Dutch-born 18 year-old was previously with Den Haag, Westlandia, Beveren, Lokeren and Anderlecht (which seems a lot for someone that age) and is yet to make a senor debut.

Anyone got his twitter/facebook/lifestory?

Plays up front.

First mentioned in here http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,68821.msg3417122.html#msg3417122

Isn't Gignac overweight and quite frankly doesn't give a s*** about football anymore?

EDIT: just seen this:

Was sent to a fat camp in the summer too.

Still sexy though.

Interesting stuff from Le Gossip (Though it is a few days old)

A host of Ligue 1's biggest names have been linked with the EPL in recent weeks and none come much bigger than that of Montpellier's prolific striker Olivier Giroud. La Paillade have astounded French football pundits and followers with their strong form over the first half of the season and nobody has contributed more to that success than Giroud. The author of 13 league goals and five assists so far this campaign, the versatile front man's hot form has seen him attract the interest of a number of Europe's top clubs and Newcastle United in particular have been heavily linked with a bid for the marksman.

Despite the intense speculation regarding his future, Giroud insists he is happy in France for the moment.

Speaking of Newcastle's interest he said: "I am in good form and good physical condition so I am enjoying my football. It is normal to be linked with clubs when you are scoring goals. I like the EPL and Newcastle are a good club but at the moment I am thinking about putting Montpellier on the European map this year."

according to rumours in France the club have also been running their eye over a number of other possible transfer targets. Struggling Auxerre's in-form and industrious creative midfielder Alain Traore and PSG's out-of-favour striker Mevlut Erding, whom the club courted in the summer, have been touted as possible targets and French media suggest that given their respective situations, both deals could be viable options.

Finnally, one other player who has been casting glances towards England from the bottom of Ligue 1 is lowly Nice's talented attacking full-back Fabian Monzon. Despite only having joined the club in the summer, the Argentine has admitted to having a soft spot for EPL football and would be keen to test himself there in the future after an impressive showing in the first half of the French season, netting four times from defence.

Speaking to L'Equipe recently he said: "I have always loved English football. But I am fine at Nice and I would like to help them avoid relegation."

Monzon and Giroud man  :frantic:

Wouldn't be a massive shock if we went back in for Erding. He's a player we've scouted extensively and he might be keener on a move now.

Could do a lot worse than replacing Jose with Luciano Monzón if the former does leave. Decent player.

Not seen him in France but he was far more a going forward FB than a defensive one. Was pretty shoddy at defending while at Boca.

Guest bimpy474

Patrice Carteron has confirmed to RMC they've rejected an approach from us for Corgnet. They won't let him leave this winter.

Aye, said it was an increased offer too.

:yao:

Guest bimpy474

Think he's an attacking midfielder apparently, so doubt it.

Ah, sounds better then.

Yeah.  Hopefully as Sewelly says it might indicate a move to 4-3-3.

I hope so, a 4-3-3 thats all about movement though, inter weaving players rather like Barcelona and Arsenal........hahaha wtf am i saying.....:D