World Cup 2010 Pre-Tournament Thread

James

Guest gggg

That was on talk sport last night. He said Parker and Dawson were treated like ghosts. They were there, but they might as well have not been as Capello never had any intentions of playing either of them.

:lol: so blatant. 

Group stage:

Green

Johnson   Ferdinand   Terry   Cole

Lennon   Lampard   Gerrard   Cole

Rooney   Crouch

KO stage:

Green

Johnson   Ferdinand   Terry   Cole

Lennon   Lampard   Barry   Cole

Gerrard

Rooney

Aye

Green would be 2nd choice for me like. James/Hart to start, haven't decided which yet.

erm 3rd choice then surely!

Weirdly, no.

On reflection, it'd probably be James > Green > Hart.

Green would be 2nd choice for me like. James/Hart to start, haven't decided which yet.

erm 3rd choice then surely!

Weirdly, no.

On reflection, it'd probably be James > Green > Hart.

Weirdly indeed

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Brazil just scored 2 in 2 minutes against Zimbabwe. Rocket of a free-kick from Bastos then a great chipped finish from Robinho.

They looked really disjointed before that.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Comfortable win in the end, though Zimbabwe really should have scored in the 1st half when they blazed it over the bar instead.

That was on talk sport last night. He said Parker and Dawson were treated like ghosts. They were there, but they might as well have not been as Capello never had any intentions of playing either of them.

That's tough shit on those two imo. Capello had to pick 30 originally even though he probably knew he was down to 25-26 names to who actually was going, and only delayed the selection to see if he could pick Gareth Barry.

I don't get the whole thing with naming a 30 man pre-squad anyway. Why not just name 23 with 5 or 6 on stand-by. The stand-by's can come to the training but they already know they are only in if someone gets crocked. You can't tell me aside from the Walcott issue that Capello didn't know who his 23 were going to be.

I don't get the whole thing with naming a 30 man pre-squad anyway. Why not just name 23 with 5 or 6 on stand-by. The stand-by's can come to the training but they already know they are only in if someone gets crocked. You can't tell me aside from the Walcott issue that Capello didn't know who his 23 were going to be.

I agree.

Brazil did this, Dunga names his 23 straight off and has 7 reserves waiting in stand-by.

Just been on Talksport that Robinho didnt recognise Benjani before the game ;D

He seems proper dumb that lad. Thought he was joining Chelsea apparently ...

FYP.

He even says in one of his first interviews how happy he is to have signed for Chelsea or something like that :)

I've just seen a transcript of the conversation Capello had with Bent and he actually was very sympathetic. It went...'What'sa matter you, gotta lotta respect, coz a what ya do, why dya looka so sad? But itsa no surprise, itsa no disgrace, ah Heskey's got ya place'.

I've just seen a transcript of the conversation Capello had with Bent and he actually was very sympathetic. It went...'What'sa matter you, gotta lotta respect, coz a what ya do, why dya looka so sad? But itsa no surprise, itsa no disgrace, ah Heskey's got ya place'.

:lol: class.

Heskey will probably be the worst striker at the world cup.

No. Mario Gomez will definitely be the worst.

Mario Gomez is far better than Heskey. Gomez has 1 in 3 this year, despite having a rubbish year. Heskey has like 1 in 42,035 atm.

Heskey will probably be the worst striker at the world cup.

No. Mario Gomez will definitely be the worst.

Mario Gomez is far better than Heskey. Gomez has 1 in 3 this year, despite having a rubbish year. Heskey has like 1 in 42,035 atm.

Gomes has been shit in every match for Germany. Can't stop or play a ball either.

Gomez at the last Euros put in the worst performances by an individual I've ever seen in a major tournament.

Unbelievably shit.

It was like a bad flashback to watching Brett Angel. He'd scored something daft like near enough 1 in 2 during the Bundesliga season as well.

Gomez at the last Euros put in the worst performances by an individual I've ever seen in a major tournament.

Unbelievably shit.

It was like a bad flashback to watching Brett Angel. He'd scored something daft like near enough 1 in 2 during the Bundesliga season as well.

This.