World Cup 2010 Pre-Tournament Thread

James

It looks like South Africa might make a complete arse of this World Cup. Rioting outside the ground in the Nigeria v North Korea at the moment. Despite there being loads of empty seats the gates were locked with loads of fans outside. Game was stopped but now back on. Lot of ambulances taking injured away after stampede.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/5893488/

I've just read on Twitter from a journo that he is potentially missing. not quite sure how tooj linked that to his child having lukeimia (which is awful btw).

was just a bit of a random comment? unless they are linked and I've missed something?

I've just read on Twitter from a journo that he is potentially missing. not quite sure how tooj linked that to his child having lukeimia (which is awful btw).

was just a bit of a random comment? unless they are linked and I've missed something?

CaulkinTheTimes

RT @OliverKayTimes: Terribly sad story here about #Boro and Australia keeper Brad Jones potentially missing #WC2010 http://bit.ly/cFdzEK

Dunno. Most sources claiming his son was diagnosed with leukaemia and he's gone back home.

Potentially missing the World Cup

Japan considering staging an additional friendly with France. Should be worth it just to see who's more shit.

Will Tulio score an own goal or accidentally kill a French star?

Japan considering staging an additional friendly with France. Should be worth it just to see who's more s***.

Will Tulio score an own goal or accidentally kill a French star?

Both.

Probably at once.

Guest Geordiesned

I haven't got the link but the Brazilian referee in charge of the England USA match was suspended by his federation last season accused of bribery and incompetance! The Palmeiras President called him "a crook, a scoundrel and a shameless bastard". Should be interesting!

I haven't got the link but the Brazilian referee in charge of the England USA match was suspended by his federation last season accused of bribery and incompetance! The Palmeiras President called him "a crook, a scoundrel and a shameless b******". Should be interesting!

Should get on well with our new captain then.

Guest Geordiesned

It's from tomorrow's Guardian by the way. Article also says a DVD was sent to FIFA highlighting all his mistakes and asking that he be removed from the World Cup list.

Let's hope captain fantastic can pull out a few of those convincing dives to test him.

I wrote something and deleted it, but let me ask.

If that cunt dives and wins a penalty for England. Will you still consider him a cheating bastard, or does anything go in the World Cup?

Let's hope captain fantastic can pull out a few of those convincing dives to test him.

If that cunt dives and wins a penalty for England. Will you still consider him a cheating bastard, or does anything go in the World Cup?

He was, is and will probably continue to be, a cheating bastard.

Both.

Well, yeah. I mean, when he does it for Liverpool, it's obvious he's a cheater. But mostly everyone here is English. If he pulls that same garbage in the other shirt, what happens?