José Mourinho

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Disgrace that Chelsea spend so much on players to have them used as barricades. The man does get results though, but it's quite ridiculous.

Not surprising that they have been susceptible to losing to minnows this season, as these are games they have to take the initiative, and they struggle with this.

You might enjoy reading this:

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2014/04/23/in-defense-of-jose-mourinho-for-chelseas-tactics-against-atletico-madrid/

Having said that, calling Mourinho’s Chelsea displays anti-football has become a lazy and shallow platitude in and of itself. In the age of information, every football result in the world is at your fingertips. However, searching Google and perusing through social media is a vapidly shallow way to analyze a sport as intricate as soccer. For example, I cannot count the number of times I’ve seen Chelsea catch flack this season for only managing to score a single goal. It is simply easier to hop on the social media bandwagon and make a joke about their “negative tactics” than it is to view the match in full. Were people to do that, they’d realize that such low score lines have been born out of poor finishing and not cautiously defensive tactics. Don’t believe me? Another little factoid for you…

Chelsea has the highest shots per game average in the Premier League at 18.

Despite that stat, they are continually maligned for being negative and boring. The old adage “don’t let the truth stand in the way of a good story” is certainly alive and well with modern football supporters. Let’s also ignore the fact Chelsea has scored beaten their top rivals while scoring 2 vs. Liverpool, 3 vs. United, 2 vs. City, 6 vs. Arsenal and 4 vs. Spurs.

Injures to key players, big Champion's League game coming up, going to Anfield to play the league leaders who are scoring for fun... comes away with a 2-0 win. He's fucking ridiculous.

To go to Anfield without Hazard and win 2-0 is nothing less than masterful. That squad should never really be anywhere near to winning the league with two games to go.

Injures to key players, big Champion's League game coming up, going to Anfield to play the league leaders who are scoring for fun... comes away with a 2-0 win. He's fucking ridiculous.

To go to Anfield without Hazard and win 2-0 is nothing less than masterful. That squad should never really be anywhere near to winning the league with two games to go.

What?! Chelsea have the 2nd best squad in the league by a fucking mile. Not too mention the £110m+ they've spent since the end of last season.

He is definitely the master at drilling a team for a catenaccio style display though. One of kind at that for the moment.

Injures to key players, big Champion's League game coming up, going to Anfield to play the league leaders who are scoring for fun... comes away with a 2-0 win. He's f***ing ridiculous.

What?! Chelsea have the 2nd best squad in the league by a f***ing mile. Not too mention the £110m+ they've spent since the end of last season.

If they had someone of the Suarez/Aguero ilk it would be the best IMO, i still don't think City's squad is that great. (outside the forwards) their first eleven is mostly class but they have some real weak points when key players go down.

City wouldn't have been able to put out a competitive team in midfield and defense if they had the amount of players Chelsea had missing. ( enforced or otherwise)

What?! Chelsea have the 2nd best squad in the league by a fucking mile. Not too mention the £110m+ they've spent since the end of last season.

He is definitely the master at drilling a team for a catenaccio style display though. One of kind at that for the moment.

The squad's unbalanced though. Torres is finished, Et'o is past it and Hazard was out injured. I didn't see many predicting a Chelsea win before the game.

Just to say also that Liverpool were really stupid yesterday. All they needed was a draw. They should have just sat back too, and let Chelsea waste all of the time in the world.

:dowiespin:

The Chelsea squad, on an individual basis, is class. Strikers could be better, mind. But the players alone don't win anything, winning is done by teams.

They played the Liverpool game perfectly. Rodgers has been whining about Chelsea defending from the first minute, but Liverpool start games fast, what the fuck is he supposed to do? Just let you score for the sake of the neutrals watching? Fuck that.

Chelsea have done Liverpool home and away and City home and away this season. That's not luck, it's not a vastly superior squad, it's using the right game plan.

City wouldn't have been able to put out a competitive team in midfield and defense if they had the amount of players Chelsea had missing. ( enforced or otherwise)

Milner Garcia Rodwell Navas

Kolarov Lescott Nastatic Richards

That's a complete separate midfield and defence, i'm sure if they had a few players missing there is more than enough there to be competitive in the manner Chelsea were if they set their stall out to defend.

Milner Garcia Rodwell Navas

Kolarov Lescott Nastatic Richards

That's a complete separate midfield and defence, i'm sure if they had a few players missing there is more than enough there to be competitive in the manner Chelsea were if they set their stall out to defend.

That team would have got battered.

I would have agreed on the squad not being good enough before they bought Salah, Schurrle, Willian, Matic and Eto'o.

Not now though, only thing they lack is as said someone of the Suarez/Aguero class.

Their strikers aren't good enough when Hazard's out. Winning at Anfield with Ba starting as their main striker was a hell of a result.

That's a complete separate midfield and defence. Wasn't the case for Chelsea. Say Jose was in charge for Man City and set the team out, you're telling me this wouldn't be competitive yesterday.

Milner Garcia Toure Navas

Kolarov Lescott Kompany Richards

Chelsea still had a handful of regular starters out yesterday. Mikel/Lampard were playing because they miss mid week anyways through suspension.

I would have agreed on the squad not being good enough before they bought Salah, Schurrle, Willian, Matic and Eto'o.

Not now though, only thing they lack is as said someone of the Suarez/Aguero class.

Their strikers aren't good enough when Hazard's out. Winning at Anfield with Ba starting as their main striker was a hell of a result.

I never denied that though as i said they need someone of Aguero/Suarez ilk.

Squads are not just rated upon how many strikers you have despite common belief and Chelsea are absolutely stacked in every other position.

Yep.

And the reaction from Liverpool fans I know and online has been nothing less than shameful. Bunch of babies throwing their toys out of the pram. It's understandable, and I'd be pissed too, but they are all fucking sanctimonious and holier-than-thou than one needs to be.

For this reaction alone I want anyone but Liverpool now to win the league. Don't think it'll happen though. Sigh.

Fucking cunts.

Kudos for him for the result, but the wankfest and this "Tactical Masterclass" stuff is absolutely baffling.

Did he include in his masterclass preparation that opposition captain will slip and gift them a goal? What is so mastery in camping with 8 players on edge of the box? Tactical Masterclass was Pep's Barca doing these 5-0 3 years ago. Tactical Masterclass was game 6 of Fischer-Spassky chess championship game, Tactical Masterclass was Klopp's 4-1 win over Madrid last year.

Anyways, the man gets result no matter how ugly. Credit to him. But I'd hate to watch the shit he serves week after week. Jose to football, is what Ghenghis Khan was to human beings. Successful at conquering masses and adding land to its thing, but ultimately a forgettable prick. An absolute butcher of the beautiful game. Thankfully, he'll end up with zero titles for the second season in a row.

^ Yep.

One thing is great though. It will be either City/Liverpool who win the league barring an unbelievable collapse on half of both teams, so this "Defend with 10 men" tactical masterclass have failed in the league this season, but hey, the genius Mourinho can brag about his "4 wins in 4 games against City/Liverpool" trophy.

^ Yep.

One thing is great though. It will be either City/Liverpool who win the league barring an unbelievable collapse on half of both teams, so this "Defend with 10 men" tactical masterclass have failed in the league this season, but hey, the genius Mourinho can brag about his "4 wins in 4 games against City/Liverpool" trophy.

I'm sure he'll be content with the Champion's League.

For the football Rodgers has you lot playing you deserve something, but there have been very few normal Liverpool fans surrounding me who demand respect. You may be one of the few on earth, which explains why you've survived around N-O for this long :)

Mind you, I'm beginning to call Rodgers a genius as well, he's done astonishingly well this season. He has some way of course to go to be at Mourinho or other greats, but all he needs now is time, from the looks of it.

^ Yep.

I'm sure he'll be content with the Champion's League.

He won't be winning it. I believe in La Decima.

Cheers DJ, I will be lasting here for decades to come hopefully.