Championship Play offs

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/136261/Ian-Evatt-Reaching-Premier-League-will-mean-biscuits-for-life-for-Blackpool-s-players/

IAN EVATT: REACHING PREMIER LEAGUE WILL MEAN BISCUITS FOR LIFE FOR BLACKPOOL’S PLAYERS

IAN EVATT claims reaching the Premier League tomorrow will mean biscuits for life for Blackpool’s players.

The Seasiders squad will net an incredible £5m bonus if they beat Cardiff at Wembley.

Central defender Evatt, 28, admits that the Bloomfield Road outfit have blundered by making the astonishing offer.

But he reckons the £60m prize for a first top-flight campaign since 1971 will soften the blow for owner Valeri Belekon.

Ian Holloway’s men still have to wash their own training kit and the worst player in training each Friday has to buy biscuits for his team-mates.

But Evatt thinks netting promotion will mean no more rows about who has to go to the supermarket.

He said: “We’ve known about it from the start of the season and that’s been our objective, to gain that bonus. I don’t think we’ll be getting the same next year, put it that way!

“No-one gave us a cat in hell’s chance of getting it.

“Even the chairman himself wouldn’t have thought that we could have done it.

“But he put that bonus there to say to us, ‘If you really want to push to achieve something then this is your reward’.

“And he’s been fantastic putting in such a big pot for us to aim at, but he’d be more than happy to see us get up.

“It will be biscuits for life, won’t it? I’ll gladly buy them every Friday if we go up, not a problem to me.

“Gary Taylor-Fletcher normally has to buy them.

“Looking at him you can tell he likes a good biscuit!

“He knows biscuits better than anyone else so he tends to get the vote.

Please please please get promoted  :laugh: