Championship Play offs

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Blackpool for me. Don't like fans of any of the others. I've not forgotten that pitch invasion at Leicester in 1992, when they couldn't take defeat as we avoided relegation to the old 3rd division. Having said that we were the same in the play-off defeat to the mackems. Don't like Cardiff and their anti-english hooligan element. Don't like forest because their just horrible. "1-0 to the famous team" eh? well let them be the most famous team in the 2nd tier. So glad we had the last laugh over that lot.

Blackpool, their orange strip is cool, they're a minnow in a big league already and they're nearer for away matches. Holloway is good entertainment value on MOTD as well.  Not Leicester because Lineker will just be banging on about them all the time, in the same way Chiles used to about WBA.

Guest toonlass

Blackpool just for the novelty of it. Forest and Leicester have been there before, and Cardiff are, well Cardiff.

Blackpool as they're shit and will go straight back down. Personally Holloway gets on my tits so not arsed if they don't come up, probably Leicester otherwise.

Not Cardiff. I don't agree with Welsh sides playing in the English leagues so definitely wouldn't want them in the Premiership. Their fans cause trouble when they meet the English (just like Rangers and Celtic) and there would be problems at every one of their games. Wales is a long trip for our away fans.

Forest deserve to go up as they finished third but that rarely translates into winning the play off.

Blackpool would be my choice. As others have said, they'd be almost guaranteed to get relegated so that's one less relegation place for us to be concerned with.

It is a bit unfair that a team who has earned the 3rd place through out 46 game season doesn't get the reward of promotion.

Statistically over the past 17 seasons the promotion changes are as following:

3rd - 29% promotion change

4th - 18% promotion change

5th - 35% promotion change

6th - 18% promotion change

EDIT: During the 1994/1995 season there were only promoted 2 teams (the league went from 22 teams to 20) so the playoffs were between 2nd - 5th.  So I counted the 3rd place winner as a 4th place winner.

Not Cardiff. I don't agree with Welsh sides playing in the English leagues so definitely wouldn't want them in the Premiership. Their fans cause trouble when they meet the English (just like Rangers and Celtic) and there would be problems at every one of their games. Wales is a long trip for our away fans.

Forest deserve to go up as they finished third but that rarely translates into winning the play off.

Blackpool would be my choice. As others have said, they'd be almost guaranteed to get relegated so that's one less relegation place for us to be concerned with.

It is a bit unfair that a team who has earned the 3rd place through out 46 game season doesn't get the reward of promotion.

Statistically over the past 17 seasons the promotion changes are as following:

3rd - 35% promotion change

4th - 12% promotion change

5th - 35% promotion change

6th - 18% promotion change

It would be more fair if the teams finishing 3rd and 4th played at home in one-leg play-offs with the teams finishing 5th and 6th. In the NFL, teams with a better record get home advantage, which seems much better to me.

Guest Roger Kint

Leicester is a shithole and Forest are scabs. Plus I think it should be someone who hasn't been in the Premier League before, but I hate Cardiff, so that leaves Blackpool.

This for me. No matter how shitty Blackpool is though it was a cracking laugh there this season.

Part of me wants Blackpool there but i think we've got enough poxy, shit, nothing clubs in the Premier League.

Mind - they're interesting i suppose and a Holloway would be a bit of a novelty (as would there being a tangerine kit in the PL). So i hope they do it above everyone else.

Guest Roger Kint

Part of me wants Blackpool there but i think we've got enough poxy, s***, nothing clubs in the Premier League.

Mind - they're interesting i suppose and a Holloway would be a bit of a novelty (as would there being a tangerine kit in the PL). So i hope they do it above everyone else.

I am selfish. They would represent one guaranteed less place for us in the bottom 3. We can have a more competitive PL in 2011/12 when we are settled(hopefully)  ;D

Part of me wants Blackpool there but i think we've got enough poxy, s***, nothing clubs in the Premier League.

I am selfish. They would represent one guaranteed less place for us in the bottom 3. We can have a more competitive PL in 2011/12 when we are settled(hopefully)  ;D

I agree and whilst it's essential to survive this time round (even moreso than it was last season) i don't think there's any need to be so cynical. Any of the play-off sides could quite easily crash and burn, and any of them might have a good season. The chap's graphic in the relegation-ometer thread shows that.

I'm with Burnip and in an ideal world, the twenty biggest teams in the country would comprise the Premier League. But obviously - that's not going to happen for a while so aye, i suppose Blackpool would be the most interesting of the four.

Not that i think they'll do it. Do away goals count in the Play-offs btw?

Guest Roger Kint

No away goals rule in the playoffs iirc.

Actually you are right, was stopped 10 years ago now. Doesnt seem that long ;D

Guest Geordiesned

Although the commentator in the Blackpool/Forest game yesterday said "away goals don't count at all". So Blackpool won 2-0 then?? :lol: