Points target 2010-2011

Rob W

Guest Roger Kint

Aim for 52, (Play for draws against the top 4 at home)...aim to win every other home game, get 40.

You aim to win/do well in every game you play, dont agree with aiming for a certain target. Obviously 50+ would represent a fantastic season for us

I just think it's important we aim to win every game at home, with exceptions. Anything on top of that away may be aimed for, but perhaps is mostly unrealistic.

As opposed to aiming to lose others? Thats my point, you go into every game in the right mindset not with a 'ahhh well we dont need to get anything here cos Stoke at home is next and the backboard in the changing room has that as this weeks win'  ;D

There's no way we'll need 50 points to stay up, the required total seems to be getting lower all the time.

I'd be happy with anything that allows us to relax towards the end of the season, 50 would obviously be great.

2006-07, Wigan and Fulham stayed up on 38 and 39 respectively.

2007-08, Fulham and Bolton stayed up on 36 and 37 respectively.

2008-09, Hull and Sunderland stayed up on 35 and 36 respectively.

2009-10, West Ham and Wigan (assuming they lose against Man City and Chelsea) stay up on 34 and 36 respectively, with Wolves on 35.

56 points got us 5th under Sir Bobby, yet I'm sure we got more than that a couple of years after finishing 7th!

Seems bonkers that but anything approaching 50 points and you're in with a shout of Europe. Just shows how shite and bunched up the league is outside the top 3 or 4.

Guest je85

I'd happily stay up on goal difference with a dodgy off-side decision, don't care how we stay up it's a building block.

Guest Roger Kint

I wuld be amazed and thrilled if we got more then Stoke.

This is what it's all come to.

:harry:

Stoke have 47 points, with a trip to Old Trafford its their likely final tally. Are you really that unaware of what our club has acheived? Since 1997 our average tally is 50.9 points a season. What its come down to is people thinking we were something we werent, its time they understood we arent a top club and havent been for 15 years or so aside from a few seasons in the middle under Robson.

Guest Roger Kint

Since 1997 our average tally is 50.9 points a season.

So why would it be amazing and thrilling to get 48 points   ???

You aren't making sense.

I am sorry to have to inform you that we were relegated last year, we will return to the premier league next season therefore any sane person would fully understand the viewpoint even if its sailing over your head.

Amazed because the state of our squad and thrilled because its put us back where we were. Incidentally they werent my words but happy to enlighten you.

Since 1997 our average tally is 50.9 points a season.

So why would it be amazing and thrilling to get 48 points   ???

You aren't making sense.

I am sorry to have to inform you that we were relegated last year, we will return to the premier league next season therefore any sane person would fully understand the viewpoint even if its sailing over your head.

Amazed because the state of our squad and thrilled because its put us back where we were. Incidentally they werent my words but happy to enlighten you.

And how does that make it less sad that this is what it's all come to?

You're going on like averaging 50.9 points for over a decade was a blip but it's good to be where we belong where that kind of total is cloud cuckoo land.

You just like to contradict me don't you? 

Blatant stalker.

Guest Roger Kint

What are you on about? Seriously you are the one with issues. I am saying 50.9 points is our average over a sizable period, how in the name of God is a 12 year average a blip man?

Its not sad because many fans understood that the club was not going to be challenging for Europe or higher for a whil, they used common sense to see we were a mid table side for the foreseeable future. We have no divine right to expect better so its hardly sad that we would be happy to get back to where we were a few years back.

Contrary to your lofty feelings of self importance i respond to the posts not the poster, if i 'love to contradict you' then its likely you are consistently saying things i find daft, simple really. As for stalker? Get a grip of yourself for gods sake. The only thing blatent is your lack of comprehension for simple facts.

What are you on about? Seriously you are the one with issues. I am saying 50.9 points is our average over a sizable period, how in the name of God is a 12 year average a blip man?

Its not sad because many fans understood that the club was not going to be challenging for Europe or higher for a whil, they used common sense to see we were a mid table side for the foreseeable future. We have no divine right to expect better so its hardly sad that we would be happy to get back to where we were a few years back.

Contrary to your lofty feelings of self importance i respond to the posts not the poster, if i 'love to contradict you' then its likely you are consistently saying things i find daft, simple really. As for stalker? Get a grip of yourself for gods sake. The only thing blatent is your lack of comprehension for simple facts.

Blatantly after my cock you dirty rotter.

I never said it was a blip.  I said you are going on like it was.

I have no lofty feelings of self importance.  I'm just saying it's a sad thing that it would be amazing if we could manage 48 points (which would below average for the last 12 years).  Heck, it would still be below our average for the last 7 years.

If our fall to this position has pleased you immensley I'm happy to disagree.

Guest Roger Kint

I think you need to understand I NEVER SAID I WAS AMAZED OR THRILLED. How are you failing to work out that was someone else?

So i am going on like a 12 year average points total is a blip? Are you completely stupid? Would Man Utd winning everything 12 years in a row be a blip for gods sake?

Yet again you need to work out we got relegated last year, coming up to the PL and expecting 50+ points is the exact delusional stupidity the media love to see, well done you can hold your head high as their poster boy.

How you can say(even with your clear mental deficencies) i am at any point happy with where we are is beyond me, maybe thats another thing you pretend to have read instead of what i said. You will be please to know i will refrain from replying to you anymore. Its disturbingly obvious you arent capable of reading anyway so feel free to respond with more rubbish :rolleyes:

I think you need to understand I NEVER SAID I WAS AMAZED OR THRILLED. How are you failing to work out that was someone else?

So i am going on like a 12 year average points total is a blip? Are you completely stupid? Would Man Utd winning everything 12 years in a row be a blip for gods sake?

Yet again you need to work out we got relegated last year, coming up to the PL and expecting 50+ points is the exact delusional stupidity the media love to see, well done you can hold your head high as their poster boy.

How you can say(even with your clear mental deficencies) i am at any point happy with where we are is beyond me, maybe thats another thing you pretend to have read instead of what i said. You will be please to know i will refrain from replying to you anymore. Its disturbingly obvious you arent capable of reading anyway so feel free to respond with more rubbish :rolleyes:

So you are unhappy that it's come to this too?

That settles it then.  We're agreed.

Dunno how I came to the conclusion you were happy...except when you had a go at me for complaining about the situation.

:doh:

With the economy still kind of stagnant and many clubs still very debt conscious, is it possible that the Premier League will be weak again this year?  That, combined with prudent investment by the club could put us in a position to get those 45-50 points, given the relative stability at the club.

Guest Roger Kint

Holy crap, just when i choose to ignore you, you find a new level of stupidity previously unheard of to man. How could anyone be happy we got relegated you total basketcase? Sweet Jesus you havent a fucking clue about football have you? I will try and say this one last time to your peabrain head:

NOBODY IS HAPPY WE ARE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP BUT THAT WAS NOT THE POINT WE ARE DISCUSSING.

WE ARE CLEARLY DISCUSSING THE END OF NEXT SEASON AT WHICH POINT PEOPLE WOULD BE HAPPY TO BEING BACK TO WHERE WE WERE CONSIDERING WHAT HAS GONE ON.

Get your goldfish to explain it to you, i cant lower myself to this conversation anymore ffs :rolleyes:

Holy crap, just when i choose to ignore you, you find a new level of stupidity previously unheard of to man. How could anyone be happy we got relegated you total basketcase? Sweet Jesus you havent a fucking clue about football have you? I will try and say this one last time to your peabrain head:

NOBODY IS HAPPY WE ARE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP BUT THAT WAS NOT THE POINT WE ARE DISCUSSING.

WE ARE CLEARLY DISCUSSING THE END OF NEXT SEASON AT WHICH POINT PEOPLE WOULD BE HAPPY TO BEING BACK TO WHERE WE WERE CONSIDERING WHAT HAS GONE ON.

Get your goldfish to explain it to you, i cant lower myself to this conversation anymore ffs :rolleyes:

Except 48 points would still be less than where we averaging over the last 12 years.

Which is disappointing.

I find it incredible you keep finding ways to disagree with that...while agreeing.

Entertaining nevertheless.

Guest Roger Kint

Can you even read the first post on this page(page 3) or are you just not capable of understanding when people with an IQ over 11 talk to you?

As for 48 points being disappointing, speaks volumes for your entire lack of comprehension of football or reality. How do you consistently find new ways to sound mentally incompetent while pretending you arent losing an arguement? Leave the goalposts where they are, read everything fully and then go for a lie down. If it doesnt sink in then you probably will never understand it sadly.

Can you even read the first post on this page(page 3) or are you just not capable of understanding when people with an IQ over 11 talk to you?

As for 48 points being disappointing, speaks volumes for your entire lack of comprehension of football or reality. How do you consistently find new ways to sound mentally incompetent while pretending you arent losing an arguement? Leave the goalposts where they are, read everything fully and then go for a lie down. If it doesnt sink in then you probably will never understand it sadly.

I'm beginning to doubt you even know what "this is what it's come to" means.  Do you open your mouth to breath?

In terms of the last 12 years 48 points is a let down isn't it?  It's below average on the figures you supplied.

Of course it isn't a let down based on the past 2 seasons.....but then "this is what it's come to" refers to the longer term.  Only an idiot of your propotrtion could think anyone would suggest 48 points would be more disappointing than the 34 points of 2 seasons ago.

We clearly weren't debating such short term timescales.  You yourself brought up the 12 year trend in your initial response.

Stop replying and concentrate on doing the Sun Su doku.  You'll finish it one day.