Club statement to be released this week

Guest BooBoo

Guest BooBoo

The away crowd is always more positive in general. I've seen some shocking away performances where the team have still been given a good reception at the end.

The away crowd is always more positive in general. I've seen some shocking away performances where the team have still been given a good reception at the end.

Yep. Even Villa last year was relatively positive come full time.

Football owner/chairman at football game gets insults by his own fans. I AM SHOCKED. Some Chelsea lads have never got over Roman sacking the interpreter. The Glazers get it & there club are league champions. SAFC fans were giving Quinn jip regarding Bruce at one point. Loads of Barca fans are happy to see the back of Laporta when he gets turfed out. It happens everywhere.

Obviously not for you then, given the only reason you apparently attend matches is to boo the team you supposedly support.

Football owner/chairman at football game gets insults by his own fans. I AM SHOCKED. Some Chelsea lads have never got over Roman sacking the interpreter. The Glazers get it & there club are league champions. SAFC fans were giving Quinn jip regarding Bruce at one point. Loads of Barca fans are happy to see the back of Laporta when he gets turfed out. It happens everywhere.

Yep & Roman is still there, the Glazers are still there, Quinn is still there.  Same at Liverpool, they'll go when they want, not when they're told.

Laporta won't still be there solely because of the way the system works at his particular club.

Guest BooBoo

You're right HTL. I was so desperate to boo the team this year that I travelled to London to do it and paid over £100 just to do it. Felt great though, some top booing.

You're right HTL. I was so desperate to boo the team this year that I travelled to London to do it and paid over £100 just to do it. Felt great though, some top booing.

Do you want your £100 back, or something? I spend more than that to go to home matches. So do many others going by the number of cars I see on the motorway or people on the train when I use one.

Anyway, if you didn't boo when you lashed out your £100 then obviously we were winning. Is your "support" still to boo when we're losing? That's the key 'cos that's when it matters most. Don't forget, it was you who admitted you boo the team when we're doing badly and even worse, you were chuffed about it.

Yep & Roman is still there, the Glazers are still there, Quinn is still there.  Same at Liverpool, they'll go when they want, not when they're told.

Laporta won't still be there solely because of the way the system works at his particular club.

Tbf to all of them they have a bit backbone & could deal with problems better than Ashley (He could not have dealt with the flack the Glazer have took) as they have been backers/owners of sports teams before owning a PL club. Apart from Quinn but he played football he knows there is always portion of the crowd not happy with owners/chairman I mean he worked for Bobby Murray @ SAFC & Peter Swales @ Manchester City.

We have history of giving the chairman/owners grief Seymour, McKeag & Shep all got it. It is only the really clueless like Del boy who hasn't got a clue about this banter.

Tbf to all of them they have a bit backbone & could deal with problems better than Ashley (He could not have dealt with the flack the Glazer have took) as they have been backers/owners of sports teams before owning a PL club. Apart from Quinn but he played football he knows there is always portion of the crowd not happy with owners/chairman I mean he worked for Bobby Murray @ SAFC & Peter Swales @ Manchester City.

We have history of giving the chairman/owners grief Seymour, McKeag & Shep all got it. It is only the really clueless like Del boy who hasn't got a clue about this banter.

Definately.

My point was though that just like the rest of them, Ashley won't go until at least he wants to & even then it relies on someone giving him what he wants.

At the minute that's just not going to happen.

Am expecting confirmation of Hughton staying, vague noises about the club backing him(without talking figures), praise for the team/coaching staff/fans and how they hope we stick together next season to push the club forward 'back where we belong'

Also probably some mention of season ticket uptake since Fridays deadline and as mentioned TV screams being installed.

Overall nothing important

This is closest.

The problem with Ashley is, "dammed if he does and dammed if he doesn't". What ever the statement they come out with, there will be one section that won't be happy with it. Personally what ever you think of the man, if hadn't bought the club we would have been in the same position as Portsmouth and Leeds by now. For that I thank him.

I agree with those saying it will be thanks chris, thanks players, thanks fans.  Looking forward to going up, we are committed but under no illusions about the challenges.  As you can see from the accounts we are skint, but buying young players and planning for the future, the (insert name of relatively successful club here) model is being followed.  We are looking to maximise our revenues so some crazy shit could happen.

Keegan, like Shearer, had a special status at the club, and the reaction when he left was more than the usual banter. I didn't agree with the general reaction, but I felt at the time that the atmosphere around Ashley's ownership had become so bad that it would be better if he left.

Likewise when the team were relegated, with the decline stemming from the chaos following the Keegan departure, and Ashley therefore taking the blame. If he hadn't put the club up for sale again at that point, the level of unrest would also have had a very de-stabilising effect.

I don't blame the guy for the decision to sell. However, he is responsible for creating the mess in the first place by appointing a manager who was never going to be in tune with the management structure or its strategy.

The problem with Ashley is, "dammed if he does and dammed if he doesn't". What ever the statement they come out with, there will be one section that won't be happy with it. Personally what ever you think of the man, if hadn't bought the club we would have been in the same position as Portsmouth and Leeds by now. For that I thank him.

He's damned cos he hasn't and it'll take a modicum of success (in the top flight) to regain the support of the majority of fans who merely tolerate him at the moment.

I also find it strange to celebrate not being Portsmouth.  They've been relegated with a fraction of the debt we had when we went down (and still have).  I acknoweldge that Ashley's covering the losses....but he's not run the club ANY better.  He can just personally afford to fuck it up more than they could.  Is that to be congratulated?

Guest Roger Kint

Pompeys debt was £119m wasnt it? Hardly dismissable as 'a fraction' to be fair ;D

Pompeys debt was £119m wasnt it? Hardly dismissable as 'a fraction' to be fair ;D

7/10 of our current debt I think.  Even before Ashley added £25m to the loan this season Pompey only have 4/5 of the debt we had.

Pompey are much, much smaller club though, and clearly haven't been able to handle that debt.

Neither could we if Ashley did the same as the Portsmouth owners and decided it wasn't worth putting any more money in.

Pompey are much, much smaller club though, and clearly haven't been able to handle that debt.

Neither could we if Ashley did the same as the Portsmouth owners and decided it wasn't worth putting any more money in.

Stay in our club

Stay in our cluuuub

You cuddly cockney saviour

Stay in our club

Stay in our club

But don't fuck it uuuuuup

You incompetent fucker

If you're going to spend £100m at least get into Europe and increase the turnover rather than selling everyone and getting us relegated....at our club

FYP  :thup: