Club statement to be released this week

Guest BooBoo

Guest firetotheworks

As much as Ashley and co have fucked up, selling the club now would really piss me off. Better the devil you know for the time being imo. Dropping out wouldn't in any way put us on the even keel that I expect they'd label it.

All speculation though, obviously.

Guest Roger Kint

Am expecting confirmation of Hughton staying, vague noises about the club backing him(without talking figures), praise for the team/coaching staff/fans and how they hope we stick together next season to push the club forward 'back where we belong'

Also probably some mention of season ticket uptake since Fridays deadline and as mentioned TV screams being installed.

Overall nothing important

As much as Ashley and co have fucked up, selling the club now would really piss me off. Better the devil you know for the time being imo. Dropping out wouldn't in any way put us on the even keel that I expect they'd label it.

All speculation though, obviously.

I don't want Ashley to sell either. But what if some mega rich arab owner came in with Mourinho as manager...   :smitten:

I'd like to see Hughton given a year-to-year rolling contract like the one Sir Bobby was on up until summer 2004 and what O'Neill has at Villa. Basically means if he's doing well, he's on pretty much a permanent contract, and if things go wrong, it's just a one-year compensation package we'd owe rather than the amounts we've spunked over the last 12 years.

I'd like to see Hughton given a year-to-year rolling contract like the one Sir Bobby was on up until summer 2004 and what O'Neill has at Villa. Basically means if he's doing well, he's on pretty much a permanent contract, and if things go wrong, it's just a one-year compensation package we'd owe rather than the amounts we've spunked over the last 12 years.

You are clearly a most learned gentleman.

10 Happy points.  :thup:

Perhaps it will be along the lines of:

It is a FACT that we finished top.

It is a FACT that Chris Houghton is mint.

It is a FACT that the club is off the market.

It is a FACT that we are still clueless on how to talk to fans and the media.

It is a FACT that these are all FACTs, Infact.

It will just be a confirmation of what we already know going by the article. Hughton to stay on, the club to target slow and steady improvement with no big money for big stars likely, at least for now.

Guest WashyGeordie

What the statement's been for the last 2 seasons, so we're up for sale, he's going to try and sell the club etc etc.

Or maybe it's to confirm a DOF? the new strip?

Or maybe just a thank you, but then again Llambias pretty much said it in his programme notes.

Two years rolling would demonstrate more confidence and be worth the investment, in my view. One year always seems extremely subject to interpretatio. - If we're doing obviously well, it's seen as 'permanent', but if things look even slightly jittery it becomes 'well he'd be easy to sack, that's why they gave him that contract...'. That scenario reduces a manager's authority in itself and makes things harder to turn around.

Two years rolling would demonstrate more confidence and be worth the investment, in my view. One year always seems extremely subject to interpretatio. - If we're doing obviously well, it's seen as 'permanent', but if things look even slightly jittery it becomes 'well he'd be easy to sack, that's why they gave him that contract...'. That scenario reduces a manager's authority in itself and makes things harder to turn around.

He can have that one next summer if he keeps us up. :thup:

5.2 The Club admitted to the Tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United

Have they apologised for that yet?

5.2 The Club admitted to the Tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United

People would just assume that the apology was a lie any way O0

People would just assume that the apology was a lie any way O0

Paradox :frantic:

Guest toonlass

Don't see the point in any statement.

Job done.  Enjoy your summer.  See you in July.

Fans were screaming out for communication and commitment. Here are both.

No doubt when it comes, many will just say "He's lying! He's not commited to us!!" anyway

:nods:

It just annoys the hell out of me sometimes.

We know he's a c***, people don't have to keep f***ing saying it.

We're stuck with him at the end of the day. He isn't selling up and we aren't buying it, so let's just get on with it.

This season has shown just exactly what working together can do. Some of the players are utter s*** and we were in the gutter in September, yet they all pulled together and managed to get promoted against all expectations.

So instead of constantly attacking Ashley, why don't we just listen to what they have to say? And let's make a real go of staying in this league, because at the end of the day we want what's best for NUFC because we're fans and so does Ashley, because he has to protect his investment.

NUFC is bigger than Ashley, so let's just fucking prove it.

:thup: again.

"We dont' care about Ash-ley............"

Stop singing about him then. O0

Lots and lots of people have stopped singing it though. And thank fuck the "Get out of our club" song seems to have died a death now.

Lots and lots of people have stopped singing it though. And thank f*** the "Get out of our club" song seems to have died a death now.

Fat Cockney Bastard was sung in level 7 during our last game, they've only died a death because the season is over.