Silly Money Thresholds

afar

As above.

Edit: Spence's post, not the nonsense directly above this one.

So if someone comes in with a £2m bid for Guthrie, 750k for Lovenkrands, £2.5m for Routledge and £2.5m for Williamson they're all bids too good to turn down??

Who would we get to replace each of them for that money?  Also Kadar's a young lad with lots of potential and you'd take £2m for him in a heartbeat? ???  You're both fucking nuts IMO :lol:

Not Routledge, Kadar or Williamson, but those figures are much closer to the mark than the originals.

I'd say they're two extremes, one far too high and the other far too low (in some area's anyway).  Accepting £2m for Kadar at this stage in his development for instance is crackers IMO.

I've gone somewhere in the middle.  I'd accept lower fee's but I've added a bit to each since this is supposed to be what we'd accept without even thinking, a too good to possibly turn down fee.  If it was a realistic minimum fee things would look quite different.

GK

Harper – 2.5 million

Krul – 3.5 million

Forster – 5.0 million

Def

R.Taylor – 1.5 million

Simpson – 2 million

Enrique – 12 million

S Taylor – 7 Million

Coloccini – 11 million

Williamson - 3.5 million

Kadar – 4 million

Mid

Barton – 4.5 million

Smith – 1 million

Guthrie – 3.0 million

Jonas – 7 million

Routledge – 7.5 million

Nolan – 2.5 million

Vuckic – 39.5 million

Fwd

Shola – 1.5 million

Loven – 750K

Best – 750K

Carroll – 7 million

There's mine.

Who would we get to replace Guthrie with £2m?, who would we get to replace Lovenkrands for 750k?  Same goes for Routledge and Williamson.  Also Kadars a young lad with lots of potential and you'd take £2m for him in a heartbeat? ???

I dont have to get anyone in do I & if so why they got be a the same price? If that is case put them all down at £100 million I will sell the lot & rebuild.

Guthrie

I would look at someone like Steven Davis much better than Adam was at  Rangers (not goalscoring though) may have to add little but he would be a improvement imo. Someone as good as Craig Gardner moved for £3.5 million not that long ago. James McArthur has been outstanding for Hamilton for about 3 years now.

Loven - I would take a punt on Nugent got 6 PL goals which is not far off Owen & Oba level. Beckford is on free. Kris Boyd is on a free. George Boyd not a out & out striker is on a free.

Routledge - I would want to keep him if he went get Pennant.

Williamson -  Get Loovens. Looked better than Roger Johnson at Cardiff & Johnson was better than Williamson at Wycomb. Williams at Swansea looks a bit tasty.

Kadar - Looked good on the box the 2 times I have seen him & he has won shed load of awards this year = Craig Dawson. See what the crack is with Mancienne at Chelsea.

Pretty much spot on imo Ronaldo. Except for Loven, Routledge and Jonas.

Loven could be vital for us this season, not saying he should be a starter for us, but there isn't a player we could replace what he brings to the table for 750k. We should at least get £2m before thinking of shipping him out.

I'd say £6m for Routledge, and £8m for Jonas.

You're both f***ing nuts IMO :lol:

If you think Williamson has went upto £7 million since we signed him your suffering a classic case of "The Delusional Toon Supporter Syndrome".

There's been like 10 posts explaining the idea behind this thread and you still don't get it  :nope:, do you just not bother to read posts?

If you think Williamson has went upto £7 million since we signed him your suffering a classic case of "The Delusional Toon Supporter Syndrome".

There's been like 10 posts explaining the idea behind this thread and you still don't get it  :nope:, do you just not bother to read posts?

Maybe I was tad low on Williamson because I dont think they will be selling any players bar Best that signed in Jan. But £7million, still £14 million AC :lol:

Who would we get to replace Guthrie with £2m?, who would we get to replace Lovenkrands for 750k?  Same goes for Routledge and Williamson.  Also Kadars a young lad with lots of potential and you'd take £2m for him in a heartbeat? ???

I dont have to get anyone in do I & if so why they got be a the same price? If that is case put them all down at £100 million I will sell the lot & rebuild.

Guthrie

I would look at someone like Steven Davis much better than Adam was at  Rangers (not goalscoring though) may have to add little but he would be a improvement imo. Someone as good as Craig Gardner moved for £3.5 million not that long ago. James McArthur has been outstanding for Hamilton for about 3 years now.

Loven - I would take a punt on Nugent got 6 PL goals which is not far off Owen & Oba level. Beckford is on free. Kris Boyd is on a free. George Boyd not a out & out striker is on a free.

Williamson -  Get Loovens. Looked better than Roger Johnson at Cardiff & Johnson was better than Williamson at Wycomb. Williams at Swansea looks a bit tasty.

Kadar - Looked good on the box the 2 times I have seen him & he has won shed load of awards this year = Craig Dawson. See what the crack is with Mancienne at Chelsea.

But the point of the thread is the fee you couldn't possibly turn down, why snap someones hand off at £2m for Guthrie to pay extra for another player who might not even be good enough, I'd definitely think twice if someone offered me those kinds of fee's.  £2m too good to turn down for Kadar??

Maybe I was tad low on Williamson because I dont think they will be selling any players bar Best that signed in Jan. But £7million, still £14 million AC :lol:

So you don't read posts, glad you cleared that up.

Guthrie

But the point of the thread is the fee you couldn't possibly turn down, why snap someones hand off at £2m for Guthrie to pay extra for another player who might not even be good enough, I'd definitely think twice if someone offered me those kinds of fee's.  £2m too good to turn down for Kadar??

Yeah & I would look to bring someone better in like Steven Davis or play Barton in the middle.

For Kadar? Yeah. He is fourth (fifth when Fitz was at the club) choice, is he going to be mega? I dont think so. Are any of our other CB's that old? No. So why not you would cover yourself with sell on fee as well.

Oh I read it :iamatwat:

You'd accept £1m for Vuckic?, your mental.

Where did I say that? Your looking foolish posting tosh like that.

Guthrie

Yeah & I would look to bring someone better in like Steven Davis or play Barton in the middle.

For Kadar? Yeah. He is fourth (fifth when Fitz was at the club) choice, is he going to be mega? I dont think so. Are any of our other CB's that old? No. So why not you would cover yourself with sell on fee as well.

No idea if he's going to be "mega" but he has potential, unless we're going bankrupt without a £2m cash injection I see no reason to sell a potentially good young player for a pittance, let along consider it a must sell kind of fee.

Don't agree with you, I think he's class.

Don't agree with you, I think he's class.

You dont agree with me over something I never posted :pow:

I was just trying to be you for a few posts :lol:  I read you're post, ignored it and posted whatever I wanted to at the time.  Thought it must be fun if you do it, not really that fun though.

I'm just trying to be you for a few minutes Spence :lol:  Considering how many times you seem to post something that has little or nothing to do with the post you're replying to I thought it must be fun, not that fun really.

But your few posts there made you look as wacky as your AC fee. I answered everyone of your questions regardless of how s**** or good they were. Sometimes what you write changes a lot :pow:

As for HV I remember posting this in March 2009 http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,60541.msg1728845.html#msg1728845