Silly Money Thresholds

afar

You're right Afar, if someone gave us 22.5 million for Smith i would happily let them do it

But you'ld happily accept accept 1p and a packet of superkings for him though wouldn't you ? So that's your threshold.

This is not a thread about perceived value of players, I repeat this is not an estimated value of players thread.

What kind of bid do you think should be accepted for our current players assuming someone ponies up the lolly?

Factor in potential, resale value, off the field issues, squad depth, injury records and the ability to replace the player.

Here’s my list:

GK

Harper – 5 million

Krul – 5 million

Forster – 5 million

Def

R.Taylor – 1 million

Simpson – 2 million

Enrique – 20 million

S Taylor – 10 Million

Coloccini – 15 million

Williamson -  5 million

Kadar – 5 million

Mid

Barton – 2 million

Smith – 1 million

Guthrie – 8 million

Jonas – 20 million

Routledge – 6 million

Nolan – 4 million

Fwd

Shola – 1 million

Loven – 1 million

Best – 1 million

Carroll – 8 million

I'll give it a shot just to get the thread going.

GK

Harper – 3 million

Krul – 4 million

Forster – 3 million

Def

R.Taylor – 2 million

Simpson – 3 million

Enrique – 6 million

S Taylor – 8 Million

Collocini – 8 million

Williamson -  5 million

Kadar –4 million

Mid

Barton – 5 million

Smith – 2 million

Guthrie – 6 million

Jonas – 6 million

Routledge – 4 million

Nolan – 5 million

Fwd

Shola – 3 million

Loven – 3 million

Best – 1 million

Carroll – 5 million

just my thoughts

Guest Roger Kint

This is not a thread about perceived value of players, I repeat this is not an estimated value of players thread.

Surely you should be putting the minimum values you would accept though right? You would have saved 2 pages of pisstaking if you had simply thought about this first ;D

Routledge 10 million

Forster 10 million

Carroll - 20 million

:ben: :facepalm:

NOT PLAYER ESTIMATES FFS !!

Routledge's probably been our best player over the second half of the season, not that many natural right wingers out there, he's English, has fit in well with the team, question marks on whether he can do it at level, but he's not a player that we could easily replace. Hence 10 million, snatch someone's hands off, 7 million we have to think about it.

Forster has come on leaps and bounds, if you've seen some of his performances for Norwich this season, he's been excellent. I watched the highlights of the Charlton game the other day, the lad was awesome, could have been about 5 - 1 loss rather than a 1-0 win. There are a few teams rumoured to be looking at him. He's English, still very young, seems like a good character, we are in no rush to sell him. 10 Million though would be a no brainer, 5 million probably would have you thinking too.

Carroll, there would be more than one bidder for Carrol at 10 million without a doubt, Chopra cost Sunderland 5 million a few years back and does not have a fraction of the potential Carrol has nor does he have the physical size that a lot of teams look for to compliment smaller strikers. There's a buzz in the game about this kid, even the england manager is keeping an eye on him for the future. Compare him to Milner, we got 12 million for a player that showed very limited potential, Carroll shows much more and plays up front. 20 Million is no brainer for me, 15 million has you thinking.

It's quite surprising how much more highly people rate Jonas over Routledge.

Well, he has more of a name given he's in the Argentine squad so he would sell for more.

Won't comment on some of the values people are suggesting there... José Enrique the most expensive LB in the world...

I thought a players value is the price somebody is willing to pay, and seller is willing to let go for.

So what you are saying is that you wouldn't sell Carroll for anything less than £20m?  :idiot2:

Instead of making my own list, you can just look at your numbers and divide it by 2.

You are crazy  :cheesy:

Surely you should be putting the minimum values you would accept though right? You would have saved 2 pages of pisstaking if you had simply thought about this first ;D

I'm used to the pisstaking tbh, doesn't bother me, people never read though. I purposely didn't want to put up a value of players type thread, just thresholds that would be no brainers to accept, some are a little high, but I purposely did that to stimulate debate and also point out that those are players I would be most reluctant to let go of.

For the love of Christ, just delete that first post. We're just starting to get away from the 'deluded' label, this could revive the whole thing.

OK explain to me clearly how this is deluded, read the first line, THIS IS NOT A THREAD ABOUT PLAYER VALUES. Thresholds of where it becomes silly money is more accurate a discription.

Guest toonlass

For the love of Christ, just delete that first post. We're just starting to get away from the 'deluded' label, this could revive the whole thing.

OK explain to me clearly how this is deluded, read the first line, THIS IS NOT A THREAD ABOUT PLAYER VALUES. Thresholds of where it becomes silly money is more accurate a discription.

Surely it is a post about player values, if you are setting a price on a player. Just because the prices are laughable doesn't mean owt. It is the value you place on the player.

Well, he has more of a name given he's in the Argentine squad so he would sell for more.

Won't comment on some of the values people are suggesting there... José Enrique the most expensive LB in the world...

But this is about what price we would sell for rather than what we think others would pay, I would have thought their values to us would be closer, Routledge possibly even edging it.

Guest Roger Kint

I'm used to the pisstaking tbh, doesn't bother me, people never read though. I purposely didn't want to put up a value of players type thread, just thresholds that would be no brainers to accept, some are a little high, but I purposely did that to stimulate debate and also point out that those are players I would be most reluctant to let go of.

A little? Lets get this straight. You start a thread asking what amount should be accepted assuming somebody bids for them(because we were fighting off huge bids all last summer), insert umpteen shocking values and then declare you dont want it to be about values? A threashold for most of our players would be at least half what you have, more in others. You should learn from the pisstaking mate, not fuel it ;D

I thought a players value is the price somebody is willing to pay, and seller is willing to let go for.

So what you are saying is that you wouldn't sell Carroll for anything less than £20m?  :idiot2:

Instead of making my own list, you can just look at your numbers and divide it by 2.

You are crazy   :cheesy:

OK this is my last attempt at explaining this, clearly my thought process is not in line with the majority of you here.

The opening few sentences explain things, not a list of values, not even a list of how much you would take for a player, it's a list of thresholds of how much you would consider as silly money to accept for a player.

If you don't understand the difference in those terms, then I give up.

Wilkinson, being one of our best ever players, should never be sold.

keeps the players chins nice and smooth, i agree

Rumours that the blades want him back though.

Very good

But this is about what price we would sell for rather than what we think others would pay, I would have thought their values to us would be closer, Routledge possibly even edging it.

I don't see that much difference. You'd get better offers from Jonás, particularly in a World Cup year, so not holding out for more would be stupid irregardless of how both players contribute to your squad.

GK

Harper – 1.5 million

Krul – 4 million

Forster – 3 million

Def

R.Taylor – 1.5 million

Simpson – 1.5 million

Enrique – 10 million

S Taylor – 8 Million

Collocini – 5 million

Williamson -  3.5 million

Kadar –3.5 million

Mid

Barton – 4 million

Smith – 1.5 million

Guthrie – 6 million

Jonas – 10 million

Routledge – 3.5 million

Nolan – 3 million

Fwd

Shola – 1.5 million

Loven – 1.5 million

Best – 1 million

Carroll – 5 million

I don't see that much difference. You'd get better offers from Jonás, particularly in a World Cup year, so not holding out for more would be stupid irregardless of how both players contribute to your squad.

It's not about what offers we would get, it's about what we would be willing to let them go for so should surely be based on how we rate/how important we think they are to the them rather than any outside factor like how big a name they are etc...