Tim Krul signs new four-year contract

David28

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20100729/krul-signs-new-united-contract_2240137_2104891

Krul Signs New United Contract

Newcastle United goalkeeper Tim Krul has signed a new 4-year contract with the club keeping him at St. James' Park until the end of the 2013/14 season.

The Netherlands born keeper, 22, joined United in 2005 and a year later made his first team debut in a UEFA Cup tie in Palermo, turning in a man of the match display as United won 1 - 0.

The following season, 2007/08, Tim made 26 appearances for Falkirk in the Scottish Premier League and the following year spent time on loan at Carlisle. Last season he made an outstanding Newcastle league debut as a second half substitute at West Brom on the opening day of the season - five terrific saves earning United a point and setting them up for a campaign that would ultimately lead to the Championship.

He went on to play another 135 minutes of league football without conceding a goal. All in all Tim has made seven starts for the Magpies plus two from the bench.

Tim said: "I am delighted to commit my future to Newcastle United, hopefully I can fulfill my dream by becoming the future number one goalkeeper as well as getting into the Dutch national team squad. I have been at the club 5 years and it feels like home. I would like to thank Harps and Paul Barron for the guidance that they have shown me too date."

United manager Chris Hughton said: "We are delighted to have secured a four-year contract with Tim. He showed last season what an outstanding young goalkeeper he is and he can only get better."

Don't know if that was posted anywhere else - but I think that's some great news really. If he wants to stay we have to keep him. Give him a new contract.  O0

Keeper Tim Krul hoping for new NUFC deal

May 7 2010 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

Tim Krul

TIM KRUL today explained his future at St James’ Park is firmly in the hands of Newcastle United and boss Chris Hughton.

The Dutch stopper revealed his love for the club and the fans at the end of a season which handed him a slice of action for the first time since his debut in 2006, when he burst on to the scene in Palermo to thwart the Serie A side in the UEFA Cup.

Krul didn’t concede a goal in his three Championship appearances this season and is looking forward to the challenge of the Premier League next term.

And although he will go into the new campaign in the last year of his contract as understudy to Steve Harper, he told the Chronicle: “We’re in the Premier League now, and there’s a lot of games again.

“It’s going to be harder next season, and I hope I can stay, but the club has to tell me they want to keep me – that’s the main part. I’ve got a year left, so we’ll see what the club says.

“I want to stay, because I love Newcastle.”

Krul has been tracked by Juventus in the last 12 months and also came close to joining Feyenoord two years ago, with the deal collapsing at the 11th hour.

However, after tasting senior action this season, he said: “The feeling I had out there at QPR was just great.

“Hopefully, I can get more games, because, for me, it’s the most important thing.

“There’s nothing I love more, especially with the fans. When I came out, they were all going nuts – it was great.

“I’ve been patient, and I’m willing to stay patient.

“I’m really happy at the moment – I can’t be anything else.

“We won the Championship.”

United will have young gun Fraser Forster back from Norwich City in pre-season but the Canaries have made it clear they want him back for a second year on loan next term.

And when asked about the possibility of a season out on loan again, Krul, who has had spells at Falkirk and Carlisle, said: “Of course, it’s a different feeling if you play every week.

“I haven’t played many league games, but I’m glad the gaffer gave me all the cup games.

“It’s what he promised me. It’s been a good season, and I’ve learnt a lot.

“I’ve improved physically, and mentally as well. You have to be mentally strong to sit on the bench.

“We’ve got Harps, and me and Fraser are fighting behind him.

“Fraser had a good season on loan in League One, and we’ve got three good goalkeepers. We’re going to fight, and we’ll keep fighting.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2010/05/07/keeper-tim-krul-hoping-for-new-nufc-deal-72703-26397200/

I'd like to see us sort this deal out as soon as possible.

We've got a few good prospects for the future, especially in the goalkeeping department so I hope we manage to hang on to them.

Wonder if we'll give him the cups next season?

surely we will. I would hope that at some stage next season he would replace Harper as he started to make mistakes recently.

But saying that - I know what happened with Michael Rensing of Bayern Munich who always wanted to replace Kahn in the goal and after Kahn retired and Rensing got the chance he played poorly.

I hope it won't be the same with Krul.

I don't think I've seen another player so noticeably excited to be playing when he's on the pitch. It's like he can't believe he's actually out there. Great attitude to have.

I'm sure he made a save and celebrated like he'd scored against QPR :lol:

I don't think I've seen another player so noticeably excited to be playing when he's on the pitch. It's like he can't believe he's actually out there. Great attitude to have.

I'm sure he made a save and celebrated like he'd scored against QPR :lol:

Aye, him and Colo hugged like father and son.

Brilliant news. I thought he would have wanted to go somewhere for first team football next season. He isn't far from being as good as Harper and if he continues his development he could be a world class keeper.

Still be tempted to send both him and Forster out on loan this coming season with call back clauses in and get a Hilario type bench warmer to come in as cover for Harper.

Still be tempted to send both him and Forster out on loan this coming season with call back clauses in and get a Hilario type bench warmer to come in as cover for Harper.

What a horrible thing to say.  :cheesy:

Guest Phil K

Excellent. We've got three great keepers (No, i wouldn't let Norwich keep Forster. Another loan in Championship, maybe)

Excellent. We've got three great keepers (No, i wouldn't let Norwich keep Forster. Another loan in Championship, maybe)

Why a club other than Norwich?

Wouldn't want him getting too comfortable at Norwich and growing some form of affection towards them personally.

He'll know he is to good for them man. Gets him used to playing infront of capacity crowds and scrapping around in the lower reaches of the table.

Guest toonlass

Wouldn't want him getting too comfortable at Norwich and growing some form of affection towards them personally.

Its not like Norwich are in direct competition with us, and Fraser Forster is a local lad. Given a choice I am pretty certain that he would choose us over them if regular football was guaranteed, but at this moment in time its not. We might as well let him go back to Norwich and develop. We will reap the benefits later.

I know, I know. I wouldn't exactly be shaking in my boots, but if he can be sent to a different Championship club, I'd still prefer that over Norwich.

different experience as well

Guest Roger Kint

I know, I know. I wouldn't exactly be shaking in my boots, but if he can be sent to a different Championship club, I'd still prefer that over Norwich.

I would rather he was back at Norwich another year. He will be comfortable around them and in working with their defence, perfect position to work on his own game without any other distractions imo