Tim Krul signs new four-year contract

David28

I'll have to see it again but it looked like one of those that you just can't do anything about, I'm all for Krul being given a chance btw.

Agreed, on both counts.

I think it's harsh criticising Harper for any of the goals tonight tbh.

We've got a lot bigger problems than  Harper right now. I actually think Krul will be our first choice by 11/12 at the latest like, but you can get away with having a decent keeper if you have a decent team in front of him. Smith and Nolan cannot play in the middle together this season or we will be raped each time.

I'd really like to see Krul in goal against Villa. Would probably be a bit harsh on Harper, but he seems to be getting a bit slow these days.

Krul will make the odd mistake, but will also make some world class saves. Mancini played Hart instead of Given, don't know why Hughton shouldn't try Krul.

Won't happen, though.

mancini played hart after hart had a very good premier season and given had a poor end of season by his own high standards.......massive difference to kruls erratic performances.

I'll have to see it again but it looked like one of those that you just can't do anything about, I'm all for Krul being given a chance btw.

Agreed, on both counts.

And you laughed at Xisco over Ameobi :lol:  :laugh2:

Agreed, on both counts.

And you laughed at Xisco over Ameobi :lol: :laugh2:

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Those calling for Krul to start should read this if they've forgotten already.

http://www.nufc.com/2010-11html/2010-07-24norwich-a-f.html

Better example for you:

http://www.nufc.com/html/2009-10html/2009-08-26huddersfield-h.html

A game with R taylor, Kadar, Simpson & Enrique as the back 4, probably isnt that good an example to use.

It is when all 3 goals are primarily one man's fault.

We've got a lot bigger problems than  Harper right now. I actually think Krul will be our first choice by 11/12 at the latest like, but you can get away with having a decent keeper if you have a decent team in front of him. Smith and Nolan cannot play in the middle together this season or we will be raped each time.

Not sure I agree. Think we've got one of the weakest goalkeepers in the Premier League starting, possibly only Gilks at Blackpool I'd consider as being worse.

Not sure I agree. Think we've got one of the weakest goalkeepers in the Premier League starting, possibly only Gilks at Blackpool I'd consider as being worse.

there are worse keepers than haper, carson is dogshit, almunia garbage dont even get me started on green, kirklands so overrated its not even funny.

there are worse keepers than haper, carson is dogshit, almunia garbage dont even get me started on green, kirklands so overrated its not even funny.

The Mackem keeper didn't look too good either on Saturday.

We have one consistent and experienced keeper, and two excellent prospects.

Not one of them are quite fit for the PL, sadly. We'll just have to hope that Krul or Forster improve vastly in the next year and are ready for next season.

Stupid post tbh. Green has his moments but wouldn't have been beaten by two of those goals tonight. Nobody rates Kirkland anymore, and no, it isn't funny.

Stupid post tbh. Green has his moments but wouldn't have been beaten by two of those goals tonight. Nobody rates Kirkland anymore, and no, it isn't funny.

green was utter garbage for west ham all last season and he aint improved for his time in africa those moments are happening all the time for him

Agreed, on both counts.

And you laughed at Xisco over Ameobi :lol:  :laugh2:

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

???

You laughed at someone suggesting playing Xisco over Ameobi for the next match, yet you think Harper didn't do anything wrong on the goals, what's "zzzz" about that? Thought Harper should have done much, much better on the first (why was he so far across his goal and why did the ball almost go under his feet? his reactions and/or postitioning were well off). Seemed a bit sluggish to react to the third, maybe you can forgive him due to the bounce.

Once again though, he didn't seem to be all that confident - his last few games in the Premiership drew a lot of criticism for his tendency to stay glued to his line when the ball was being knocked through, seemed to be doing it again last night.