Season Ticket Renewals. (Club Statement)

Crumpy Gunt

I'm pretty certain you have supported Newcastle a lot longer and through more shite than me as I'm only 20 - but surely being a supporter means you shouldn't care what our chances of staying up are you will 'support' them nevertheless. Less ST sales means less income and less money to spend on players also...

This was going to be my first season as a season ticket holder, got the cash on standby, but if Ashley isn't going to put money in to the club, neither am I.

(Saying that i've been saving for a bit and was hugely exicted at the prospect of being there for every game - so its 50-50 in reality)

Where do you sit Crumpy? PS is it you who does the driving lessons?

If people want to abandon the team & stop giving them their support that's up to them.

If people want to challenge this theory because it's been put on an open forum then that is also up to them. :coolsmiley:

but if Ashley isn't going to put money in to the club, neither am I.

To be fair, forgetting the statement, he has already got a few hundred million invested in the club.

According to him, though i believe nothing he says. His figures and debts do not add up to the scale he keeps coming out with, we'd have wound up like Portsmouth by now if so. IF were running close to £40-50m loss a year the it would have been in his best interest to give the club away rather than cover it and keep covering it.

To be fair, forgetting the statement, he has already got a few hundred million invested in the club.

According to him, though i believe nothing he says. His figures and debts do not add up to the scale he keeps coming out with, we'd have wound up like Portsmouth by now if so. IF were running close to £40-50m loss a year the it would have been in his best interest to give the club away rather than cover it and keep covering it.

How do you mean "according to him"??

It's there in black & white.

It's not him it's the accounts signed off by an auditor.

This was going to be my first season as a season ticket holder, got the cash on standby, but if Ashley isn't going to put money in to the club, neither am I.

(Saying that i've been saving for a bit and was hugely exicted at the prospect of being there for every game - so its 50-50 in reality)

Where do you sit Crumpy? PS is it you who does the driving lessons?

I sit in the Gallowgate Upper. Where are you planning on sitting? My mate isn't renewing his ST next season (financial reasons only) If you fancy the 'upper' let me know coz i'll likely get it for £495 as its the last year of the fixed price 3 yr deal.

And aye, if you are wanting info on lessons drop me a PM. 

www.ajhsom.co.uk

Of course Gunt will reapply. He's just being sensationalist as always.

There's more chance I will than wont. But, there WILL be folk sitting and thinking 'why the fuck should I bother' - probably the ones who bailed out last season who might want to get back on the band wagon.

Guest togsy

Its a catch 22, do you put yr money into the club after the statement they made ,blindly give yr support regardless of how much they shaft you , they rely on our money to clear the debt that the thick cunt didnt pick up on when he bought our club, or do you not renew and let the club go to rat shit... Either way were fooked

Guest half a heed

I am not renewing.

Why should we struggle? We get 52000 crowds and do not deserve to be 3rd rate. I am tempted to support someone else.

I am not renewing.

Why should we struggle? We get 52000 crowds and do not deserve to be 3rd rate. I am tempted to support someone else.

Tottenham are upwardly mobile I hear, try them.  :thup:

Mind your half a heed on the way out.

I am not renewing.

Something seriously wrong was and still is going on. For a club with one of the largest fan bases in the UK, regular high attendances and appeal for tv coverage, there should be no excuse. However, even with a rise in ticket prices to increase revenue, the price of players (both buying then salaries) is slowly killing the game and the sporting bodies need action before football is totally broken. Obviously money from European adventures increase club revenues but only 6/7 teams in England can have that privilage each season. It brings excitement and world class players to the top half of the table but debt and administration to those in the middle-bottom.

As much as the club statement was down heartening, football is a broken sport and NUFC is not alone in its struggles. £30m seems a lot of money but in a way its managable. We only have to look at how its been reduced in the last 2 years to show how its being managed, despite our adventure in the Championship. If we need to cut back on spending, then I guarentee that almost two thirds of the PL will be as well, its just that we're one of the first to say it!

It may just be NUFC hope but the future is brighter (ish).

I am not renewing.

Whilst I would NEVER switch to following another club, I have some sympathy for those who are thinking of witholding ST money.

I did this during late 80s because I wanted the Board out - in the end, they WERE forced out by SJH's takeover but also because they were in the mire financially - I chose the games I wanted to see but after they had conned us over Beardsley & Gazza(waiting to sell the players until AFTER the STs had been sold, there was no way I would give them a season's money until I saw what they were going to do with the team.

The current situation is a bit different because Ashley owns the club outright whereas the McKeag board didn't ; nobody we know about is even THINKING about buying NUFC as SJH was, so there is little chance of changing things in the foreseeable future - in addition, many Prem clubs have financial problems now, and it will be interesting to see how much is spent this close season by all but the best-run clubs.

Ashley has been up-front about the lack of transfer fund unless the club sells to buy so at least you know what you are going to get.....

I am not in the UK any more so therefore don't have the dilemma, but I have sympathy with some of half a heed's views ; I accept that the club has to try to live within its means but a club which can get the home crowds that NUFC command should at least be able to strengthen the team to ensure that the club is not relegated next season.

It's a personal decision and those who are going to be stretched for cash(as many will be after the politicians have finished playing musical chairs and feathering their own nests)over the next few years are not to be derided for thinking twice.

Guest CHESTER MAG

Anyone not wanting to pay full price can have mine for £370 should be priced at £543.

Pm me if intrested